It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel conducting airstrikes in Egypt.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I had posted earlier the changing relationship between Israel and it's neighboring states. More co-operation, less conflict all adding up to the strongest, most secure Israel since it's inception.

I had no idea that co-operation had reached this level:

www.nytimes.com...://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/world/middleeast/israel-airst rikes-sinai-egypt.html

An amazing turn of events.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Ummm..."page not found" error at the link...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The fact this has been ongoing for around a year, without media knowledge/coverage and the fact that both nations , including the U.S. has kept it secret...including ISIS(?) raises many questions itself.

I can see Egypt's embarrassment even needing the assistance plus it's co-operation with an 'enemy state' from other Islamist states.

All kinds of implication in this.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm..."page not found" error at the link...

Hmmm, try this one:www.alaraby.co.uk...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Mr. Sisi’s spokesman, Col. Ahmed Ali, denied it. “There is no truth in form or in substance to the existence of any Israeli attacks inside Egyptian territory,” he said in a statement at the time, promising an investigation. “The claims of coordination between the Egyptian and Israeli sides in this matter are totally lacking in truth and go against sense and logic.”

source

Well, there ya go...

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The NYT's loses an entire story about something like this...?

Kinda makes one wanna go "Hmmm..."

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The best part of this story is this:

Mr. Kerry proposed a regional agreement in which Egypt and Jordan would guarantee Israel’s security as part of a deal for a Palestinian state.

Mr. Netanyahu scoffed at the idea.

Israeli’s military was already propping up Egypt’s military, he said, according to the Americans. If Egypt was unable to control the ground within its own borders, Mr. Netanyahu argued, it was hardly in a position to guarantee security for Israel.

Israel is right, what the heck was Kerry thinking when he made a proposal like that?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

There sure was a lot of confirmation from numerous sources in the NYT piece, including U.S..

If it IS fake news, that's a pretty newsworthy story in itself. Why?

What's the motive?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Because Kerry's an idiot?

His military expertise is somewhat lacking, it would seem.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Why would this Col. need an 'investigation' if there was no substance to i? Unless even he isn't aware of it?...

edit on 5-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Where in Egypt?
I suppose Sinai?

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You should learn how to use the link button.

Egyptian military denies New York Times report on Israeli airstrikes in North Sinai

Yep. So which do you believe? NYT-which isn't citing unnamed sources- or the denial?

At least the Times piece was lengthy and quote numerous people.

Red faces somewhere whether false or true, it's interesting, yes?
edit on 5-2-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Too much hype. You are making it sound like Egypt and Israel are at war.

It has been ongoing for a while now. It is in SINAI. Weapons are being smuggled into Gaza from there and the territory is now full of all sorts of outlaws, opium and cannabis crops.

It is anarchy in the Sinai now.

www.nytimes.com...

www.haaretz.com...

www.christinarizk.com...

www.haaretz.com...

Paradise Lost: How Sinai Became a Hub for Drugs, Money and Terror The bombing of the Russian airliner reflects the long conflict between Islamic extremists and Egypt that has spread south to the coastal fantasy land.

Hell up in the Wilderness of Sin. Lol, that is where the name for sin comes from, from the Moon god Sin. That is what Sinai is named after; Sin. Sure lives up to its na na na na na name!:

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

Sin /ˈsiːn/ (Akkadian: 𒂗𒍪 Su'en, Sîn) or Nanna (Sumerian: 𒀭𒋀𒆠 DŠEŠ.KI, DNANNA) was the god of the moon in the Mesopotamian mythology of Akkad, Assyria and Babylonia. Nanna is a Sumerian deity, the son of Enlil and Ninlil, and became identified with Semitic Sin. The two chief seats of Nanna's/Sin's worship were Ur in the south of Mesopotamia and Harran in the north. A moon god by the same name was also worshipped in pre-Islamic South Arabia.

Sinners!

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Where in Egypt?
I suppose Sinai?

It states north Sinai.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

That's the way the piece was titled. I'm not an editor! The OP did state 'co-operation' between the two.

Sorry if it unnerved. Football season is over, back to the more mundane games....

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thank you for the headsup, oversaw the working link..

Well I expected it to be (upper) north sinai as the coastlines in the south and upwards the street of tiran is lined with tourists. Mointains behind lined with religious sites.

Mainland egypt is too far and also lined on the coast. Also lined with air defenses along the coast so there´s that... Sharm el sheik hosts the biggest military airport over there (in sinai).

Just some random info I can give, been there many times.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I won't ask in what capacity you were over here for.....yes I will....

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
www.nytimes.com...

You double posted the link, which is why it was coming up not found.

As for the denials, there's a good reason as to why they're going to deny it. From the NYTimes link:

Both neighbors have sought to conceal Israel’s role in the airstrikes for fear of a backlash inside Egypt, where government officials and the state-controlled media continue to discuss Israel as a nemesis and pledge fidelity to the Palestinian cause.

The Israeli drones are unmarked, and the Israeli jets and helicopters cover up their markings. Some fly circuitous routes to create the impression that they are based in the Egyptian mainland, according to American officials briefed on their operations.

In Israel, military censors restrict public reports of the airstrikes. It is unclear if any Israeli troops or special forces have set foot inside Egyptian borders, which would increase the risk of exposure.

Mr. Sisi has taken even more care, American officials say, to hide the origin of the strikes from all but a limited circle of military and intelligence officers. The Egyptian government has declared the North Sinai a closed military zone, barring journalists from gathering information there.

Egypt isn't going to admit that they can't control their own territory and have asked for help. That would be a huge embarrassment to them, and would probably topple their government. And Israel isn't going to admit that they're doing it, even with approval, because it would set off all kinds of flak from other governments in the area.

posted on Feb, 5 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
sub sea level altitude stuff

nothing interesting but I visited most parts of egypt several times and thuss know the region, people and also cultural side. And from the very early days, military.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join