It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coexistance of man and dinosaurs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Whats up guys. I was wondering what everyone out there believes about the existance of dinosaurs alongside man. There are various texts, greek and egyptian and such talking about creatures that perhaps one could call "prehistoric." I dont see why its so hard for people to except it if it was true. They know for a fact that mammoths lived to at least 3000 years ago in certain regions of the earth, a number much smaller than previously thought (17,000), so why cant they be wrong about dinos? what do you guys thinks about this cohabitation that possibly took place? peace

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
brilliant post. i too often wonder about the possibility of the coexistance of man and prehistoric beast.

observing ancient artwork, one can clearly see the depiction of the struggle between man and vast reptilian creatures. Either they had an extremely vast imagination or they were simply capturing reality..

However, if it is true, what does that say about our current knowledge of the existinction of dinosaurs?

defintely something to ponder of a slice of two boots.....(pizza)

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I would be happy to believe that if they ever found evidence for such theories.

No human bones have been found with dinosaur bones.

There have been hoaxes such as the human footprints next to dino footprints in texas but those are only advanced by creationists.

So until I see better data, I'm sticking with the Dinosaurs existing hundreds of millions of years ago theory, with man coming around much later.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Personally I don't think that co-existence was possible, though I do think that dinosaurs were made extinct because certain beings wanted to inhabit this planet.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Personally I don't think that co-existence was possible, though I do think that dinosaurs were made extinct because certain beings wanted to inhabit this planet.

Now there is a theory that I have not heard before. What has led you to believe this?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
yes please provide evidence for such a bold theory.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Not sure how reliable this is but it supports dino's and man together.

www.dinosaur-extinction.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Now there is a theory that I have not heard before. What has led you to believe this?

Man, that's a question I don't have an answer for. It's just something that I thought might have been a possibility. There are theories that a meteor hit the planet and caused their extinction. Who's to say that a meteor wasn't directed towards Earth to hasten this? Maybe it wasn't a meteor? Is there any kind of concrete evidence explaining their extinction?? If so, then I've never seen it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Personly I think its quite possible that a few (just a few dinos )survived up untill modern times in very small groups on the edge of extichion for how manny millions of years.
But I dont think it could have been more the a few scatered groups .Though deep in the amozon or darkest africa there may even still be a few .
Think on it chines have there festiables ever year dressed as dragons and have been doing this for 1000ends of years .Just a fansity?
Or in the days of old when knights were so bold to slay the dragon to save the fair madin.
What was this story realy about? Lets say a knight going through the forest happens on one of the Last tirseratops .what does he see? A monster ! So being a knight and unafraid he lowers his lance and charges .
But wich were does he try to stab the creatcher? think some more every story has them attacking from the sides as you couldent kill them from the frount .A tirseratops Frill would prevent this.
Now to go on Ovesly as big as the tri is its a Tank and cant move fast side to side easly killed be a man on the much more monverable horse.
Think this guys goin to go back and tell everone how easly he killed it?
Or is he going to emblish the fight just a little to look good with the ladys?
O yes hunny that sucker was breathing Fire and I was almost rosted alive.
Of corse all of this is pure speclation .But impossible? you decide.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Was the man even blind by modern standards, or did he just have poor vision?

i concur.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Its_True_I_Promise
Not sure how reliable this is but it supports dino's and man together.

www.dinosaur-extinction.com...

# Native American Petroglyphs. Cave and cliff drawings in Utah and Colorado crudely depict certain dinosaur species (dated from 400 A.D. to 1300 A.D.).

Note 'crudely'. You can make scratches on a wall be anythign you want if you squint hard enough.

# Acambaro Figurines. Ceramic and stone figurines discovered in Acambaro, Mexico represent many species of dinosaurs (dated from 800 B.C. to 200 A.D.).

Considered fakes by almost everybody.

# Dragon Accounts. China, Europe and the Middle East share similar accounts of “dragons” and other beasts. Some cultures revered these creatures. For instance, records of Marco Polo in China show that the royal house kept dragons for ceremonies. In other cultures, it was a great honor to kill these beasts. There are numerous records of warriors killing great beasts in order to establish credibility in a village.

The history of the Dragon legend is deep. I can't get into it here, but suffice to say that there is zero reason to equate dragons with dinosaurs.

# Behemoth, Leviathan and the Dragons of the Bible. Job writes of great creatures, Behemoth and Leviathan, nearly 4000 years ago. Although more recent Bible translations use elephant, hippo or crocodile instead, the original Hebrew does not allow for these interpretations. The word “dragon” (Hebrew: tannin) is used numerous times in the Old Testament, and most directly translates as “sea or land monsters.”

Which gives no reason to beleive they were dinosaurs. A Hippo or an anaconda to the uneducated IS a monster.

# Gilgamesh, Fafnir, Beowulf and other Legends. Many famous legends, including the mythology of Egypt, Greece and Rome, include specific descriptions of dragons and other dinosaur-like creatures.

Beowulf is an epic poem, not a legend. Fiction. Minus two points for not knowing basic facts.

# Dragons in Ancient Art. Dinosaur-like creatures are featured on Babylonian landmarks, Roman mosaics, Egyptian burial shrouds, and many other pieces of art throughout the ancient world.

Dinosaur-like. I love that.

# Current Legends & Discoveries. There is a huge and credible legacy of sea, lake and swamp “monsters,” even to this day.

Which, again, do not equate to dinosaurs.

That's all I got right now, but the Beowulf things seals the deal for me. If these guys don't know that, I'm suspect of anything they say.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I usaly dont post twice on the same thread but in this case theres good reasion.
Science has showen that a comet or astroid 7 miles in diamenter hit the earth at a angel that littlery Fryed amercia and ever thing living in it .Pluse put enough dust and garbage into the air to cut off the sunlight killing the plants thus killing the dinos.
But lets take this senerio one step farther .1 the comets dircet effect was on amercia not effection most of the planet . 2 the dust .Now this is were it gets cool . Ever here of something called the jet stream?
Well first off theres more then 1 secondly the northern jets streams and the southern jets streams go in oppsite directins duing to the rotation of earth.
What do this go to do with anything? simply the jets streams do more then just move clouds around they also seperate the weather .Thats why you can go fifty miles north from 70% and when you get there its 20% in just 50 miles .
The point to this is the oppsite flowing jet streams in the north and south dont mix much at all . Meaning 90% of the dust would have been confined to the north leaving the souther part of the planet much much less effected . Theres a good chance given these conduchions the dinos in the south survived it .But the general cooling of the planet reduced there range considerbly and as millions of years went by and planes became forest and forest became planes the dinos lost more range leaving them with pockets here and there by our time.
Now ovesly again this is only specqualation But the weather part is well known so the rest could very well be.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Whats up with this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A thread, started by the first person to respond to this thread, on the exact same topic, in which both of them repsond.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
why 2 threads? pick one and post a link from the other one...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ah man and dino living together a wonderful concept, though I don't think it's true I must say that I too find Dr. Love's theory interesting.

But this entire thread has reminded of a song we would sing early on Saturday mornings when I was just a whee lad that went something like this:

Marshall, Will and Holly
On a routine expedition
Met the greatest earthquake ever known
High on the rapids It struck their tiny raft
And plunged them down a thousand feet below
To the Land of the Lost
To the Land of the Lost
To the Land of the Lost

And lest we forget that Chaka no like fire and Sleestak are bad.

Spiderj

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe they just saw the bones of dinosaurs and let their imaginations run wild. Like for instance alot of the Greek myths of cyclops and such were made when they saw dinosaur bones. Maybe the others tried to put them together.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Geneticus, they are not necessarily the same post. The other is about BIBLICAL writings refering to dinosaurs. I'm not talking about Biblical things, I simply believe that perhaps dinos and man existed together at one point and I wanted to read others opinions. I believe my thread was started first

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
well there were incan paintings that showed them with dinosaurs,

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Might be a stupid thought, but how many dinosaur skeletons, and I mean complete ones, have been found and pieced together in the whole world? I'll assume quite a few, but what if there wasn't a whole race of dinosaurs? Considering it seems like most of the stuff we "know" about prehistoric animals is just assumed (like the predatory habits of certain dinosaurs, to even how they behaved normally), is it possible that there were only few dinosaurs to begin with? Maybe they even lived hundreds of years, and then the last of them died out?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Is there any kind of concrete evidence explaining their extinction?? If so, then I've never seen it.

Peace

Mankind did exist along with the dinosaurs! It's just the fact that the growing population of the human race got to a point where there weren't enough dinosaurs to go around!

Here's one family that knew how tasty dinosaurs were!

Plus, they were too huge to get on Noahs Ark!

<<   2  3 >>

join