It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey attacks Kurdish towns, short before invasion of Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Since midnight MET the turkish army attacks kurdish towns, they started a military offensive in the border region of Afrin.
They are ready to invade Syria. They call it a war on terror, as they say that the towns are melting pots of terrorists.

So now Erdolf is openly attacking the "U"S backed YPG, which did a good thing in fighting the "IS".
And the YPG now said that it is their fate to free the region from Erdolf.

I have to leave a german link, coudn´t find any in english right now:
Türkei beschießt kurdische Dörfer in Syrien

I hope somebody here is still interested about things outside of the "U"SA.
Whish you a nice discussion, if you are interested!

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Turks are really good in this genocide business...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I'm highly interested... but what precisely is there to discuss?

I admire the Kurds tremendously, they seem to have honor, strength, bravery that is unsurpassed by any culture I can think of.

This is horrible news unless the Kurds just annihilate Erdogen's forces and end the skirmish before it begins.

NATO, UN, are criminal organizations.

PS: I wonder what became of that fake insurrection in Turkey where all of those soldiers were arrested for a failed coup?
edit on 19-1-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Here's an English link.

The bombardment from Turkish territory began at around midnight and continued into Friday morning. Turkey considers the Syrian Kurdish militia as an extension of Kurdish rebels fighting Turkey and has vowed to attack their Afrin enclave, massing troops and tanks on its border for several days.
Military action, however, risks further inflaming relations with the US, which allied with the Kurdish-led Syrian Defence Force in its campaign against Islamic State.
www.theguardian.com...

I think we should all be concerned by Turkey flexing its muscles inside Syria and the possibility of escalation beyond Syrian borders.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The turks want to relive the glory of the ottoman empire and create a new caliphate.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Yes, this will be the acid test for the US. ISIS was defeated for the most part, and the US moved them out and hooked them up with the Kurds. If Turkey is victorious, the big losers will be US and Israel, and of course the poor Kurds.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The misspoken , since redacted, "Border Security Force" in Syria. People think the Deep State had given up trying to regime change that country.

Turkey and the uS are both member states of NATO. Stay tuned, round two is kicking off.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

The turks want to relive the glory of the ottoman empire and create a new caliphate.

Now Turkey is IS? Better come up with a better mind meld than that, minion.

Turkey is NATO. If Turkey is invading Syria, NATO is behind it, period.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Been watching the Arab Spring roll on in Syria over the past few years. I genuinely thought iId got an understanding of it from the initial media reports, but right now years down the line I honestly don't have a clue what's going on over there. Totally confused by it all.....................

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The YPG are nothing but a terrorist organisation.

With the Turks finally ending support for their terrorist allies in Idlib and supporting the legitimate government of Syria the only force left standing are the YPG.

President Al-Assad wasn't lying when he said every inch of Syria would be liberated from terrorist forces.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm sure you can debate why you disagree without insults.

And yes turkey was moderate and tolerant until erogan took Power. So turkey can't act for their own interests without being a NATO puppet state? They've always hated the kurds and find a weak Syria and terrorism as an excuse to wipe them out.
edit on 19-1-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

edit on 19-1-2018 by JDmOKI because: Dp

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

So turkey can't act for their own interests without being a NATO puppet state?

Not when it comes to Syria, no.

They been on board all long.

Why is that gonna change?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

So you believe they really just wanna kill terrorists and not just an excuse to put down the kurds? Why so much trust for turkey?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Now Turkey is IS? Better come up with a better mind meld than that, minion.

Turkey is NATO. If Turkey is invading Syria, NATO is behind it, period.

A ridiculous statement. "Turkey IS NATO"? There is zero logic in that even at the lowest level.

A Turkey with Kurds constanly nipping at it's heels is about the best thing restraining any Ottoman delusions from surfacing. Somewhat similar to an Israel blocking a Levant/super Islamic state.

Meh, it doesn't matter. Looks like it's gonna start anew. God damn them.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
That is unfortunate news indeed. Turkey's position within NATO is already fragile. Erdogan's ministers have stated intent to leave, though he himself has not said as much.
Turkey also threatened to attack US forces helping Kurdish militants last year. Scary times ahead.

While it would not be outside the realm of conspiracy to suggest this is merely a staged play, it appears to me to be real tension mounting. The various sides are fighting over a territory of valuable resources and advantageous grounds.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I admire the Kurds tremendously, they seem to have honor, strength, bravery that is unsurpassed by any culture I can think of.

While they are what you said, Kurds are only human too and have done their fair share of hideous acts as a people. Check out their role in the genocide of Armenian and Assyrian Christians 100 years ago. Kurds were the murderous backbone of that genocide.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Turkey was never going to accept an autonomous Kurdish region on its border because of their own problems with the kurds within their borders.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Seems Turkey's pivot to the East is legit and verified, unless of coarse Syria responds.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Meh, it doesn't matter. Looks like it's gonna start anew. God damn them.

Very much matters.

Turkey is home to a huge NATO base at Incirlik, helped train, arm and supply insurgents cross its border with Syria, helped suppress the Kurds for this new effort...

is a card carrying member of NATO.

(turns blind eye)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join