It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey attacks Kurdish towns, short before invasion of Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: intrptr

So you believe they really just wanna kill terrorists and not just an excuse to put down the kurds? Why so much trust for turkey?

Ask Belgium, Headquarters of NATO.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I looked into it, and will continue to do so, and thank you for the reminder that no group of humans is completely above reproach.

What I have found so far is that certain Kurds did participate (and that their ancestors acknowledge the responsibility of their forebearers, unlike Turkey's official stance on it) and that other did not, rather providing shelter for Armenians.

Thanks for that bit of perspective.
edit on 19-1-2018 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

That's a little different than "Turkey is NATO".

More likely is the Moron is operating not unlike Putin did. Knowing full well the spineless, hand-wringing NATO will do nothing of consequence as it is leaderless. AKA Crimea and the Ukraine.

They're not backing this move or contesting it. Certainly waiting to see what Trump does, at the least.

If Erdogen thinks he can invoke NATO support merely because Turkey is a member nation, he forgets Trump changes rules as he sees fit.

Do not doubt that the same thing may happen to him as did Saddam. Swinging from a noose...

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Ay up Zosimov. The role of the Kurds in the genocide of near eastern Christians is a fact and like you say, acknowledged by the Kurds themselves. At least they acknowledge their role in the genocide, unlike the Turks. When we look at Turkey today, we see a big portion in the east inhabited by Kurds same in Iraq. Those regions were only 100 years ago shared with the Armenians and other Christian groups, but the Kurds literally wiped them off the face of the map. Turks did the same in asia Minor and other Ottoman zones while in the wdest they did the same to the western Christians the Greeks murdering or pushing them into the sea and forcing them from the ancient capital of Rome Istanbul.

At the same time when looking at modern Kurds then they have done good for Christians. So mny have escaped the Arabs in the ME and sought sanctuary in Kurdish areas. Kurds are also quite close to Israel, both having a similar issue with the arabs, indeed Israel has behind the scenes kept a close relationship with Kurds and has supplied them with weaponry, intelligence, training over the past 30 years. Many Israeli's hail from Kurdish lands and have links still to those places.

Where I live and especially the locality where I work there is a big community of Kurds. The place was run down but the Kurds have really got the place buzzing again, lots of eateries, barbers started by them. In general I really like them, they are good humoured and have an energy to get working and get business moving from nothing really. I've heard some crap from them too, they really do deserve sanctuary as they've suffered terrible at the hands of the arabs in Iraq. One guy told me how the Arabs came to his village took all the Kurdish men including his dad to a couple of shipping containers, looked them inside and poured petrol in and lit them up. Kurds have had it bad out there, they deserve self determination. I hope one day they get it

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

If Erdogen thinks he can invoke NATO support merely because Turkey is a member nation, he forgets Trump changes rules as he sees fit.

Trump isn't charge of military operations, the Pentagon is. Turkey acts on behalf of NATO.

You act like you haven't been right here all along. Turkey has been a pipeline for weapons, fighters and training in the effort to regime change Syria all along.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I am sure if Syria responded to the Turkish invasion of it’s territory, the US war hawks would be claiming a NATO state was being attacked, despite the current NATO / Turkey situation. Any excuse will do!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Trump isn't charge of military operations, the Pentagon is. Turkey acts on behalf of NATO.

You act like you haven't been right here all along. Turkey has been a pipeline for weapons, fighters and training in the effort to regime change Syria all along.

OK. YOU seem to forget Trump was sufficiently pissed at NATO for it's lack of effort in dealing with ISIS to threaten withdrawal from NATO. The lack of meeting promised financial contributions and so on.

This last year has wrought changes and continues to do so. I understand the Pentagon's power. Do not underestimate Trump's influence on both. NATO is hugely overrated and only operates on agenda when no leadership is present.

Unless Russia backs a Turk move into Syria, it won't fly, IMO. Europe, the U.S. has not gotten over the Iraq invasion of Kuwait and will do much to curtail yet another event.

Could be wrong, though.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I am sure if Syria responded to the Turkish invasion of it’s territory, the US war hawks would be claiming a NATO state was being attacked, despite the current NATO / Turkey situation. Any excuse will do!

Yet Trump has avoided those 'excuses' regarding Syria. So far, at least, he has stuck to his announced policy in the ME. No nation building, no democratizing/regime change and in exchange each takes care of their own country's extremists.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Turkey is invading Syria, I mean suppressing Kurds in Syria, fighting a proxy war for NATO, I mean attacking Kurds.

Boiled down...

NATO is invading Syria.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Really?
So why are US forces occupying Syrian territory, building bases and increasing the number of it's forces within Syria?
Seems international law once again does not apply. As an invading and occupying force they are legitimate targets. In fact, they should also be refusing to be there in the first place, what with their deployment being an illegal order. Guess they are all too pumped on that "American exceptionalism" crap to figure stuff out for themselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

Really?
So why are US forces occupying Syrian territory, building bases and increasing the number of it's forces within Syria?
Seems international law once again does not apply. As an invading and occupying force they are legitimate targets. In fact, they should also be refusing to be there in the first place, what with their deployment being an illegal order. Guess they are all too pumped on that "American exceptionalism" crap to figure stuff out for themselves.

Have you even begun to consider alternative possibilities? You can call that an invasion...or you might consider that where there's 'U.S. bases' no one invades that nation....ever.

Isis is losing badly and Assad is sill in power. No need for Turks to take Assad out is there?? Uncle Sam could do it with a flick of the wrist. Done. I'd add, you don't see Putin complaining these days either.

Trump has been cleaning up Obama's mess. he's kind of obligated to do so, one would think. POTUS isn't run by the 'international fraud...er court, any more than any country is.

edit on 20-1-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Must install central bank! - evil

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Maybe the Turks jumped ship? Abandoned ship?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Maybe the Turks jumped ship? Abandoned ship?

Thats what the MSM will have you believe.

Heres a different look...

The Syrian government with support from its Russian, Iranian, and Lebanese allies has embarked on a major military operation to retake parts of Syria’s northern governorate of Idlib. As it does so, the US and its regional allies are rushing to position themselves to ensure the permanent partition of Syria is achieved.

Partitioning Syria, like Korea, enables a permanent military presence and eventually, hopefully, subjugation of the whole nation. Its a plan B approach to the current losing proposition.

global research
edit on 20-1-2018 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

What little bit of MSM that I consume, I have not seen them say a word about it.

Call me brainwashed, but I see Turkey changing its behavior after that attempted coup last year.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Meh, it doesn't matter. Looks like it's gonna start anew. God damn them.

Very much matters.

Turkey is home to a huge NATO base at Incirlik, helped train, arm and supply insurgents cross its border with Syria, helped suppress the Kurds for this new effort...

is a card carrying member of NATO.

(turns blind eye)

Now maybe things have changed but when I was at incirlik it was not a nato base it was a Turkish base that the US rented space on for conducting missions in the region. I know we are down to nothing but a skeleton crew there but its still not where nato planes go.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

What little bit of MSM that I consume, I have not seen them say a word about it.

Call me brainwashed, but I see Turkey changing its behavior after that attempted coup last year.

The brief mention in western press refers to training a thirty thousand "Border Security Force".

Since redacted because it covers up true intentions to occupy Syria, not protect "borders". The change is now become 'fighting Kurds', also inside Syrian borders.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Now maybe things have changed but when I was at incirlik it was not a nato base it was a Turkish base that the US rented space on for conducting missions in the region.

"In the region"?

Leaves out that 'region' violates Syrian airspace.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The US just sent a lot of Patriot MIM air defence systems to Syria. They are to be stationed North of Eufrat river and Assad lake. I gues the US will use these to create a no fly sone. Against Turkey and Syria/Russia.

These US MIM patriot air defence systems left Germany on a boat thursday and past Spain This after noon UK time.

There is going to be some more tention in the weeks to come thats for sure.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join