It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish PM does not rule out use of army to end gang violence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I thought the mainstream media, and some left-wingers on ATS, called president Trump, and a lot of folks on here racists and what not, for pointing out a simple fact that violence is on the rise in Sweden? I remember their words being: "fake news..."

So, I guess we, and president Trump, were right once again.

What this shows is that you can't have democratic, liberal society with those who come from Islamic countries. Liberal societies will always be in a clash with ideologies who are oppressive by their nature. These people need to be assimilated first before allowed in a western country. Or, if they somehow enter it, if they refuse to accept our beliefs and culture, just sent them all back to kill each other.

But that's racissssstttt/xenophobic! Which local chapter of the nazi party do you belong to?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
People will start to go home, instead.

Back to dirt floors, bathing out of a bucket, and outdoor toilets? No more free food, free medical, free housing?

You're dreaming.
edit on 18-1-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2018 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

I agree.

But, if you come to live in my country, and you don't plan to abandon your ideology which is in direct conflict with values upon which society in my country is created upon, I strongly believe there's no place for you here.

As you can see, there's a huge difference between a belief and a value.

I hope you understand that I'm not talking about you.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: GuidedKill
I have a friend from Sweden and while he said it isn't bad where he lives further South there are literally no go zones where people who are not Muslim don't go. Especially if you're a single woman walking alone. There have been many many gang rapes on women walking alone there.
It's sad because one of those spots supposedly, Malmo, is a place I have ancestry from.

I have to be honest, I'm not really familiar with cities or areas in Sweden so that may or may not be one. I'll ask him for more specifics when I talk to him again.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I couldn't agree more. We invade and drone countries back to the stone age and then don't want to deal with the mess it causes. And if you think we do these things because of "terrorism" you're blind, ignorant, or willfully stupid.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
OP:

Are you suggesting that the PM made this statement referring to an increase in crime brought about because of an influx of immigrants?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

I have a friend from Sweden and while he said it isn't bad where he lives further South there are literally no go zones where people who are not Muslim don't go. Especially if you're a single woman walking alone. There have been many many gang rapes on women walking alone there.
It's sad because one of those spots supposedly, Malmo, is a place I have ancestry from.

I have to be honest, I'm not really familiar with cities or areas in Sweden so that may or may not be one. I'll ask him for more specifics when I talk to him again.

I don't really know if it's true, but Malmo is one of the locations cited in such claims. I was actually there August 2016, but just for the day.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: intrptr

I couldn't agree more. We invade and drone countries back to the stone age and then don't want to deal with the mess it causes. And if you think we do these things because of "terrorism" you're blind, ignorant, or willfully stupid.
Right, but this also undermines government and mainstream folk's claims that they truly care about refugees or these countries. Most people willfully don't want to address Western foreign policy, support it, or are ignorant of it.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Ideology, values, culture and belief is all a bit irrelevant.

You can't punish people based on your moral compass. Adhering to a country's law is all that should matter.

Would you really give up all your ideals, values and culture if you moved to another country?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well, send in the army. Hoover up all the people who make trouble. Stick 'em on a plane. Send 'em back from whence they came. This could happen in some places, but not in Sweden.

Sweden may send in the army. Who will leave at the first sign of trouble.

Note, I am not saying the Swedish army ain't good, but their rules of engagement will be written by a politician. Back in the day, my father trained with Swedes and Norwegians and he considered them to be highly professional soldiers.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212
a reply to: Grambler

violence has been on the rise in sweden for the last few years. some studys say it has a lot to do with the immgration going on there. before they started taking in refugees crime had been going down for close on 30 years.

Its almost as if a culture clash will happen when you just dump people wherever and expect them to adapt and integrate.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well, according to today's Sanity4Sweden video, the Swedish PM has had enough of the "gang related" violence.
He went on TV and, in a very stern voice, told those responsible that it was bad and they should stop it.

Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

Back to dirt floors, bathing out of a bucket, and outdoor toilets? No more free food, free medical, free housing?

You're dreaming.

They hate you. You helped destroy their homeland.

Before NATO destroyed Libya they enjoyed a higher standard of living than most...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

You're dreaming.

Before NATO destroyed Libya they enjoyed a higher standard of living than most...
This, I've been saying too. With a few exceptions, this root cause of the refugee crisis is almost never discussed.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I don't know what to do about it either.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You're dreaming.

Wrong, they go back to their families and what they are familiar with, the sane reason defectors from nth Korea go back, life in the south is very different and can be more difficult.

You may think all life and people's needs fit into a nice neat little box, however they don't.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I thought the mainstream media, and some left-wingers on ATS, called president Trump, and a lot of folks on here racists and what not, for pointing out a simple fact that violence is on the rise in Sweden? I remember their words being: "fake news..."

So, I guess we, and president Trump, were right once again.

What this shows is that you can't have democratic, liberal society with those who come from Islamic countries. Liberal societies will always be in a clash with ideologies who are oppressive by their nature. These people need to be assimilated first before allowed in a western country. Or, if they somehow enter it, if they refuse to accept our beliefs and culture, just sent them all back to kill each other.

Nice little strawman you built there.
No one ever said that there was no violence in Sweden. People just ridiculed the claims from American right that Sweden was on the brink of a civil war.
Sweden is still a heaven compared to many # HOLES in the US or Eastern Europe where you originate from.
US still has more rapes and murders per capita than any other industrialized country.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Huh? I didn't destroy anybody's homeland, but they are destroying mine.

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Wrong, they go back to their families and what they are familiar with...

They are NOT going back. That is exactly the problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Not while they have to dodge bombs, put yourself in their position, would you go back?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think bringing up and awakening people to western foreign policy is a start. Some people in my life have listened, on both sides of the aisle. Often later after several years the seeds of awareness have sprouted when they go research themselves.

The problem is most people have an 8th grade understanding of government and foreign policy. They believe still in what the media or pentagon tells them are our reasons for being abroad. They still think we are a force for democracy and freedom, or maybe an unfortunate and reluctant "global police force."

Further, the mainstream media isn't going to expalin it as they are no longer free and independent in my opinion, but complicit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join