It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish PM does not rule out use of army to end gang violence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Sweden will do whatever it takes, including sending in the army, to end a wave of gang violence that has seen a string of deadly shootings, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said in Wednesday.

“It would not be my first option to bring in the military, but I am prepared to do whatever is necessary to make sure that serious, organized crime is stamped out,” Lofven told news agency TT.

www.reuters.com...

Its strange, many people told me that Sweden is fine, and that only crazy right wingers and youtubers think that there is a problem with increased violence.

Yet now the PM is acknowledging there is a problem, and saying he may even use the military to help fight it.

I hope that the ituatuion can be solved with minimal violence and loss of rights, and that extermists from all sides are curtailed.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

violence has been on the rise in sweden for the last few years. some studys say it has a lot to do with the immgration going on there. before they started taking in refugees crime had been going down for close on 30 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Great to see somebody in charge with balls! Hopefully everybody is learning from Trump.
Stop the MASS immigration and there will be less problems.
edit on 18-1-2018 by SoEpic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah, Sweden is fine, that is why they are now distributing "war leaflets" to their citizens.
Sweden to issue leaflets on how to prepare for war

The booklets will also explain how to prepare for terror or cyber attacks and natural disasters. Their publication comes amid concerns over Russia's military activities and the rise of terrorism and fake news.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I like the idea of this, using the army to squash gangs.

Care must be used, or one day I will be the "gang".

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have a friend from Sweden and while he said it isn't bad where he lives further South there are literally no go zones where people who are not Muslim don't go. Especially if you're a single woman walking alone. There have been many many gang rapes on women walking alone there.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
I have a friend from Sweden and while he said it isn't bad where he lives further South there are literally no go zones where people who are not Muslim don't go. Especially if you're a single woman walking alone. There have been many many gang rapes on women walking alone there.

Ask yourself which area, geographically, is closer to the dung-hole that is the European mainland?

edit on 1/18/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Cultural marxism is working as intended.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Skittles have come home to roost.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yet now the PM is acknowledging there is a problem, and saying he may even use the military to help fight it.

Just like they do here. Kent State, Watts riots, Rodney King riots, Occupy, Ferguson, Boston Marathon man hunt...

That doesn't include national guard response during natural disasters.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic
Great to see somebody in charge with balls! Hopefully everybody is learning from Trump.

Stop bombing their homelands and the mass migrations will end.

People will start to go home, instead.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Check out Sanity4Sweden YouTube channel.

Very informative.
Seems like an average family guy.
He does a quick five minutes or so, daily video with some commentary on local news there.
No ranting or raving, just news from a Swede.
Been following him for a while now.
edit on 18-1-2018 by Tulpa because: Daily

edit on 18-1-2018 by Tulpa because: Dayly???

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Just like they do here. Kent State, Watts riots, Rodney King riots, Occupy, Ferguson, Boston Marathon man hunt...

That doesn't include national guard response during natural disasters.

Yes I agree this is not a good sign. Asking the military to do police work anywhere is bad.

Investigations should be had as to what is causing this increase in violence, and more serious efforts to combat it should be taken before military intervention is necessary.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I thought the mainstream media, and some left-wingers on ATS, called president Trump, and a lot of folks on here racists and what not, for pointing out a simple fact that violence is on the rise in Sweden? I remember their words being: "fake news..."

So, I guess we, and president Trump, were right once again.

What this shows is that you can't have democratic, liberal society with those who come from Islamic countries. Liberal societies will always be in a clash with ideologies who are oppressive by their nature. These people need to be assimilated first before allowed in a western country. Or, if they somehow enter it, if they refuse to accept our beliefs and culture, just sent them all back to kill each other.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Seems to me if you have a big pile of social welfare you'll attract the worst sorts so just end all the social welfare and then accept those who are willing to abide by the laws of the nations they emigrate into and work hard to produce a future for themselves and everyone else.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm not positive but I think Sweden offers welfare up to 80% of an average workers salary.

That's nuts.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
It's sad because one of those spots supposedly, Malmo, is a place I have ancestry from.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Ok New Orleans was definitely overkill with the whole confiscation thing. But the rest of those seemed to be legitimate uses for the National Guard. Its not like they actually fired weapons at anybody and massacred crowds.

I thought Boston was strictly a State and Local operation? They deployed Nat. Guard during the Manhunt??

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Any human should be able to reject any belief or culture they like.

Do your laws require you to subscribe to a particular faith or culture?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: SoEpic

Stop bombing their homelands and the mass migrations will end.

People will start to go home, instead.
This is true, and where the whole debate gets complicated.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join