It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New California Declares Independence From Rest Of State

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: dreamingawake

So curiously, could this be construed as an act of war?

Be one of the shortest wars in American history.

They've essentially disarmed themselves.

edit on 17-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I get shipments from Humbolt county alot....first I've heard

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Deleted.
edit on 17-1-2018 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

From the map it looks like they want to ditch the high danger zones like potential EQs, volcanic and wildfire emergencies... that and the water problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

they need help with the flag

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

*sips covfefe as we no longer have coffee*

TBH, wouldn't shock me in the least.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Basically, the problem you are seeing is the sharp urban/rural divide where the two sides live very differently with vastly different lifestyles and realities and cultures/values now, so much so that it makes one type of life practically unbearable or even impossible.

So you have several places where you have very large urban areas more or less treating the surrounding counties like their personal fiefdoms complete with serfs whose only function is to feed their needs and bow to their demands.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No...not against the U.S., anyhow. It would depend on how California's constitution discusses the issue of "secession" from the state, but given that the federal government gave California its borders, it makes me wonder if it could take it away somehow, if it felt that it was in the best interest of the nation.

I grew up the first 19 years of my life in Kern County, one of the ones on the western border of "New California," and I know many people around there would appreciate not being associate with California nor having to pay for the vices of a fiscally irresponsible state government.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thing is that if such a thing were to happen in Cali ... I don't think Illinois and New York would be far behind. Illinois certainly.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This kind of thing happens all the time, particularly with larger states.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I bet the wall they build to keep them from killing each other will be very attractive.

They can have grand ceremonies of all the celebrities signatures. Maybe it will gain momentum and we can become a country of hundreds of states, and of course, it will be riddled with walls.

Won't that be grand. Thank you President Flip Flop for making all our malevolence possible!

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Oh god here’s the macho “California is for wussies!” conservative.

Serious question; do you honestly believe everyone in California is a liberal?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This is what happens when you have small pockets with high population densities dictate for the entire state.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thing is that if such a thing were to happen in Cali ... I don't think Illinois and New York would be far behind. Illinois certainly.

I don't see it being as viable for Illinois nor New York. California has a more dispersed urban coastline geographically. More cities. Chicago could not as easily be separated. New York has a few more than Illinois, but geographically nothing like the western seaboard.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I've heard mutterings about people in Illinois wanting to divorce Cook Country from the rest of the state.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
In kern county a number of companies have wanted to build solar power plants and the state have blocked them.

Yet when LADWP wanted to build a solar power plant in the same area there power plant was approved and fast tracked.
en.wikipedia.org...

This cut the taxes that kern county could charge for the plants by 3/4s.

I live in kern county and this rejecting projects in the kern county to shift the taxes from the projects to other areas in the state controlled by the democrats has been going on for years.

Kern county votes around 68% republican. and is represented by Congressman Kevin McCarthy Majority Leader in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Likely if calif split he would become our NEW Calif state senator if he wanted the job.

edit on 17-1-2018 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Might be worse off to do such because then they'd have no control over the outcomes there.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thanks all, there's more areas attempting Independence than I thought.

a reply to: ketsuko

That's what I'm hoping if anything here for the places who need this help.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Eastern Washington has it rough at times, can't imagine what Eastern and other Oregon areas are going through.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: DBCowboy

Eastern Washington has it rough at times, can't imagine what Eastern and other Oregon areas are going through.

I'm in the heart of western Oregon.

I'm surrounded by madness!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join