It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New California Declares Independence From Rest Of State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
So curiously, could this be construed as an act of war?

If California tried to secede from the United States, this riposte would be a way of joining the war on the pro-American side. The parallel would be West Virginia seceding from Virginia during the Civil War.
As of now, a little premature. A warning shot.
edit on 17-1-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's how I would interpret it as well.

Funny thing about those warning shots.......

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I got a few articles on the main sites with a search of New California statehood movement.
www.usnews.com...
www.usatoday.com...
I also saw articles on CBS and NBC's main sites in my search.
Here's the State Of Jefferson's website while we're at it, let's throw them into the mix too:
soj51.org...

It's out there, then.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Interesting. I wouldn't be too surprised to see this be seriously attempted. There are plenty of incentives for the New California counties to want to separate from the California counties. Political dynamics like those densely populated areas dictating resource management to the rest of the state through the voting power those densely populated areas wield. Political dynamics like those urban counties voting laws into place with their voting power that the more rural counties would not approve if left to their own governance. There are plenty of laws a California urbanite might not bat an eyelash at if they didn't know better, that can make life difficult for a rural California resident. Plenty of laws in general in California, now that I think about it.
edit on 17-1-2018 by TheBadCabbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
D.C state hood first, long enough Waiting, for Puerto Rico statehood or independence, time to stop With the colony Bs.
edit on 17-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

an " act of war " against whom ?

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

So curiously, could this be construed as an act of war?

I have a follow up question to the ape...to whom ?

edit on 17-1-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: i can see how that might look like the same question...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
D.C state hood first, long enough Waiting, for Puerto Rico statehood or independence, time to stop With the colony Bs.

I disagree either leave it as is or they should become part of VA or MD.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Spider879

I disagree either leave it as is or they should become part of VA or MD.

But why tho, the locals don't want to be colonized or merged with either, they had been lobbying for this for decades.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It would destroy the democrats as they are currently configured to pander. Because upper NY would separate from NYC. Chicago and Illinois.

At some point West Texas may grow tired of having all the minerals extracted with no reinvestmemt into infrastucture, and want to break from the east and the valley. Who knows.

But if states are going to divide along rural and urban lines, its the civil war I've been talking about. The power structure needs the meaningless dichotomy in the capital. Its what makes you think your party is good, and the other evil.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I will never understand these liberals. Even Californians don't want to be in California. They have been leaving in droves and moving to Texas. Texas calls it "getting Californicated". The problem is that these liberals leave California, run by liberals for liberals, because it is a failure and move to Texas because it is a success. That would almost be acceptable except for the fact that once they arrive in Texas they immediately try to influence local government to adopt a more liberal California approach to running the state. smh

Liberals - your failed policies turned California into a giant time-sucking abyss for which there is no cure. Now you flee the state you destroyed so you can continue your failed policies and destroy Texas too. If you want to remain liberal and are looking for a new home, may I suggest Chicago? They love you guys...One big happy self destructing family.

They #ed up Colorado too, in the 80's.

Drove up real estate prices big time.

ETA; we thought the Texans were bad.

edit on 1 17 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I linked to it in the thread about sanctuary cities.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

It won't happen.
Someone drew up a map to take the population centers and make them a new state. As a resident of California since '83 today is the first I've heard about this.
This is gerrymandering at it's worst.

It is a recognition that most of the state is governed by the coastal cities and is getting tired of it. California is dysfunctional and has one party rule. That's not a good situation.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

That's how I would interpret it as well.

Funny thing about those warning shots.......

Yes, notice how conveniently it allows for a blockade of the major urban areas and cuts the state off from its major food supplies except by sea? But ... if San Diego and the Navy join in, that becomes problematic too.

Oh, and those other counties would also control all access to water, too.
edit on 17-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I imagine they would have to expand their desalination plants. Though, if that water will not be used for irrigation but urban only...it may be possible to limit the environmental risk effects. Obviously, a viable option for Coastal California.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Why cant humanity just get along?

Oh..right.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ahhhhhh. Wake up and smell the Russian Troll Farm. This came through Russia Today.

This is what's known as #fakenews

*sips covfefe as we no longer have coffee*

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I live in So Cali, its not going to happen. Nope, its been discussed in the past, and it just wont happen.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

It won't happen ... until it does. There are a lot of things that people used to think wouldn't happen ... until they did. Where people are concerned you can never say never.

We can sit here and talk about this being illegal all we want, but governments and laws derive their power from the consent of the governed. Have you looked at approval numbers lately? It doesn't matter what branch we're talking about, a lot of people aren't happy.

Whether or not you want to believe it, we are walking in interesting times.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well, if all these prophetic predictions of the next civil war within the US are true, this would be a good way to go about starting it.

I'm in no way saying that "New California" would be violent, but rather the government would never allow it, and resort to violence if necessary to keep everything kosher, whether it be federal or state government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join