It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a plan?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
I am negan. Give me half of your stuff....

i am so ready.. bring it on... end of the world....

Yeh sure you are..till # hits the fan and you realize you have no idea what to do or where to start let alone which direction to go.

90%+ of people have no plan and any ideas they have are sub consciously based on movies and tv shows like the walking dead. Fantasy land.

If I had a plan, and I’m not saying I do or I don’t, the last thing I’d be doing is telling the internet about my plan.
Every bit of information you give out decreases your security if SHTH, and your chances of survival.

Sum total of all the posts saying they have this or that plan or they’ll do this or that, is that they’re all dead.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex
When you look at the number of suicides that we have in our present society, I am sure the number will greatly increase. So many of us are so entrenched in materialism, and false perceptions of what constitutes a good life, that they will not be able to handle a dystopian world. They will likely make a preemptive strike against themselves.

I don't have plans for a post nuclear world. I will take it just one day at a time, if I survive.
edit on 19-1-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
When you look at the number of suicides that we have in our present society, I am sure the number will greatly increase. So many of us are so entrenched in materialism, and false perceptions of what constitutes a good life, that they will not be able to handle a dystopian world. They will likely make a preemptive strike against themselves.

I don't have plans for a post nuclear world. I will take it just one day at a time, if I survive.

The problem is people think they know what will happen and how it will go down. They think therefore they’ll have time and be able to put their plan on action.

Do you know why soldiers don’t panic in combat? Because they are trained, they drill over and over and over. The same things over and over. Till it becomes second nature.
So their sphincter might be pulsating at a million miles and hour but they instinctively react and their training kicks in.

Those with doomsday plans are they drilling all the time? Is their plan second nature? Do they have alternatives they are drilling in?

Don’t even be fooled by those doomsday peeper shows showing people’s prep plan and go to bug out places.
Do you see the rich and famous, the elites on those shows?
Of course not because it’s not something to be advertised and shown. You keep those cards close to your chest, it’s about your survival when order has collapsed.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

so are you a jerk on every thread or?

I have yet to see a post in response to someone by you, that isnt an outright self-righteous, arrogant, self important response.

You sure think you know alot kiddo.
edit on 19-1-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

so are you a jerk on every thread or?

I have yet to see a post in response to someone by you, that isnt an outright self-righteous, arrogant, self important response.

You sure think you know alot kiddo.

Does calling me a kid somehow validate your response for you?

If you have a problem with anything I’ve said, go ahead and refute it.
I take it since you haven’t take. The opportunity to refute my post, and claim that most people aren’t prepared and those who think they’re are aren’t as prepared as they think, that you are unable to refute it, and are simply upset that I pointed out the harsh reality.

If you think my post breaks rules, report it.
But I haven’t attacked any other member, just stared my opinion that I do not believe the majority are ready.

A big part of why I don’t think most are ready is because most are getting their ideas from prepper shows on tv.
Who controls the media? Why would they want you, average joe, to be prepared and capable of surviving?
don’t most people here believe that TPTB want to reduce the population to 500 million?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I take a pretty broad view of "prep & practice."

My household does a monthly disaster drill. About half the time it's a fire drill.

Most preppers don't bother to practice against a house fire; which is stupid since in the USA you have a flat 1 in 325 chance of a total-loss house fire PER YEAR. The odds are even lower if you live in a wooded area or in grassland. For some areas it's below 1 in 30.

So why bother prepping for something with a less than 1% chance of occurring?

Because the effects, though verry rare, basically ruin your life. House fire is in the top 5 leading causes of bankruptcy in I America. Insurance basically will fight having to pay off, and even if they do pay its often 18 months before they give you 100% of your policy. Where are you supposed to live while they dither over paying for 80% of your house? Not to mention all the stuff they don't reimburse the effort to replace, like new copies of birth certificates, car titles, professional certificates and immunization records & passports. They Replace 80% of your computer, but all of your files are gone, pfft.

So, what is a rant on fire safety doing in a nuke-war thread?

Because nuclear blasts cause house fires.

And because fire department's response time goes to blazes during combat, riots and weather events.

So starts with fire drills. That will prep you for half of all the other threats on this forum
edit on 20-1-2018 by tovenar because: For the love

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nope, TEOTWAWKI without any warning, there is no plan to enact. Crack a beer, hug/kiss good company if they're present, and go out with a smile.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well depends where you live really.
I live in an area where there’s a lot of local and western defence contractor and facilities for building systems/weapons.
It will be targeted in a nuclear war so there’s no chance of us getting out of here in time. The only hope we’d have here is if it wasn’t one of the first hit areas. We could escape with everyone else..there’s lots of places to go that wouldn’t be hit ever. Maybe a radioactive cloud might get us.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
No plans, no prepping. Ok, a bit. Since we are not allowed to own guns in germany(what a luck with all these social media damaged people), i organized a bow and arrows. And a sports sling shot with iron ammo. That´s it. I would contact special people after SHTF, when nobody would put you to jail anymore for possession of weapons... xD

Same. Guns are not easily available where I live either..but bought my latest recurve bow from Germany

I also got the slingshot and a blowgun.

Because of my location I think being hit by a nuke is close to zero..but the fallout could be my reaper.
If being hit by something more conventional I guess I'd fare pretty well in the population shelter, which is is the building next to my house, literally under 50 meters away.
If caught at work I hope the 2m thick concrete and stone walls will hold. They've stood up to some bombing before in their 500 years history

Still..at no point during a normal day would I be futher than 500m to closest shelter.
That's where I'd be heading, with bow and all my camping and survival equipment. Then take it from there.. depending on the attack I go out and 'survive', or party like it's the end of the world!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join