It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a plan?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ni91ck

If the bomb will fall we have a few minutes to react. Do you? Or you wait for the " false alarm signal"? Tell me. Who is fully prepared?

That's kind of redundant. How can the average man, human, be prepared for something like that? I would think half of us would be saying their goodbye prayers. The other half tripping out. You know your death is imminent if not immediate so why wait. Atleast guns are abundant.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Whether impending doom was 10 minutes away or 20 minutes away. As a Red Blooded, Extremely Hostile at times, American. I don't know about any of you, but I would not be thinking of saying goodbye to anyone.

I would be ready for War.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Flow like water man.

Imagine standing outside the door of a bunker when it opens to let them out.

Probably get shot, but hey nobody carries a hand of five aces anyhow.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am fully prepared .
I have a rocking chair on the front porch , a bottle of Jack Daniels , a fine cigar , and a welder's helmet.
Gonna see a hell of a light show before I go..
How else do you prepare for a full out nuclear WW 3 ?
Nothing else you can do...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Now you're making a different argument and one not in this thread.

You were equating a nuclear plant meltdown to a nuclear bomb. I am telling you there is a very, very real difference between the two in terms of magnitude.

You cannot compare Chernobyl or Fukushima to what a nuclear bomb would do. For one thing, as I pointed out, there have been over 500 atmospheric tests of nuclear bomb devices on this planet. Consider the devastation and ongoing damage from just the two nuclear plant meltdowns and attempt to multiply that by over 500. You can't.

Somehow, we're all still here after 500 nuclear bombs have been set off, but I don't think we'd be nearly so sanguine had it been 500 nuclear plants just to give you perspective.

That's not to say I am endorsing nuclear war or limited nuclear weapons use, only to point out that nuclear bombs may not be nearly as lethally catastrophic as people want to think outside their contamination zones.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
after your done having a panic attack buy some whiskey
edit on 15-1-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I can survive some disruption of the supply chain easily enough. And I can defend myself on a local level, if necessary. But I cannot survive the bomb, and there's no real need to worry about it. Seems to me it's a lot easier way to go than the slow death of a degenerative disease.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think it will be a biological bomb at least first, then maybe later after 1/2 the human population is wiped out nations will start lobbing nukes at one another.

I figure it's all good,

Romans 8:28

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Plan A,

Television, internet and lots of snacks, not much else to do. Hitting N Korea will not start WWIII, it will just be the end of N Korea.
The insanity of the liberal loons once the ordinance starts touching down on N Korean soil will entertain anyone through an otherwise boring winter. If Hawaii or Kalifornistan get hit then the retaliation will be swift of an overwhelming nuclear nature, we will kill untold millions in the names of the dead US haters of the blue States so they need not worry that they may die in vane.

Can you actually write JUST ONE post without using LIBERAL and trying to turn it political?
Just one.

This is a thread about surviving the nuclear genocide of the entire human species, but you still find the need to mud pit it up...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
1. Bottle of whisky
2. Beach chair
3. Beach in Bali

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

"City of Embers" comes to mind.

When the world ended, a group of elite scientists and engineers determined that the only way to save their way of life was to build an underground city far below the decimated surface. Deciding upon a lifespan of 200 years for their city, the key to salvation was locked away in a metal box to be handed down from one mayor to the next until the time was right. But somewhere along the way the box was forgotten… Years and years have passed and the once mighty City of Ember steadily falters as corrupt officials dictate an antiquated way of life and the massive generator that powers the city frequently fails.

www.imdb.com...

edit on 15-1-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: I accidentally posted this in the wrong place. Moved it to here.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Plan A,

Television, internet and lots of snacks, not much else to do. Hitting N Korea will not start WWIII, it will just be the end of N Korea.
The insanity of the liberal loons once the ordinance starts touching down on N Korean soil will entertain anyone through an otherwise boring winter. If Hawaii or Kalifornistan get hit then the retaliation will be swift of an overwhelming nuclear nature, we will kill untold millions in the names of the dead US haters of the blue States so they need not worry that they may die in vane.

Can you actually write JUST ONE post without using LIBERAL and trying to turn it political?
Just one.

This is a thread about surviving the nuclear genocide of the entire human species, but you still find the need to mud pit it up...

No, it's liberal hysterics designed to say Trump is bad when in reality the most evil spot on the entire Earth is pointing nukes at you and saying they are going to use them. This is not WWIII, it is the dying gasps of an evil regime about to disappear.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I was thinking about that the other day.

I thought the best thing I could do is jump in the bathtub, maybe cover it with something.. but I think everybody realizes they're pretty much helpless.

The bomb that went off in Hiroshima is nothing compared to what can go off.

The Tsar Bomb was "equivalent to about 1,570 times the combined energy of the bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki." And it could have been built to have been 3140 times stronger that the combined bombs that fell on Japan.

The bomb had a yield of 50 megatons of TNT (210 PJ). In theory, it had a maximum yield of 100 megatons if it were to have included a U-238 tamper, but because only one bomb was built, this was never demonstrated.

Link

Maybe if it drops close to you, it is better to die quickly because not sure what life would be like afterwards.

Hopefully this is all just a soap opera for the Military Industrial Complex to make their money, and for the world government to consolidate their plans.
edit on 15-1-2018 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I can't recall the article, but on 9-11 there was supposedly a line of limousines and Black cars outside of a secret underground military base. The line of vehicles was miles and miles long. This was somewhere in Virginia in the US.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yes I have a plan.

I make and sell the Kearny Fallout Meter. It doesn't require batteries, and can be used within hours of a suspected nuclear/EMP attack.

my home is dug into a hillside, and two basement rooms have sufficient shielding in walls, plus I have reinforced the ceiling to withstand fallout from the roofs/drain gutter.

I know the rule of 7: that the half life of dust is 7 hours. So a 1000 rads
Per hour (plausible for a metro suburb hit my a Russian-made MRV strike) will decay to 500rd/hr by hour 7
250 rd/hr by hour 14
125 rd/hr by hour 21
62 rd/hr by hour 28
32 rd/hr by hour 35
16 rd/hr by hour 42
8 rd/hr by hour 49
4 rd/hr at hour 56

No, dosage is not going to below 4 rads per hour in the aftermath of a nuclear strike; but at 4 rd/hr it is definitely safe to emerge from shelter and flee or rebuild.

So 3 days in your bunker ( I'd wait 5 days, in case calculations are off.). And you've come out with less radiation than most cancer survivors.

Now, just like the Japanese after fukashima, you'll have to watch out for "hotspots" where rain has condensed fallout in ditches and pools. And stay off of asphalt--it absorbs fallout. It is definitely survivable. Go to "nukemap" online to see what your exposure might be.

I know a vet who survived 2 nuclear tests in Nevada at under 10 miles, with no cancer and he's 83 years old now.

Checkout nukemap.com. Nuclear fallout is bad, but not a world-ender.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I think id just embrace it and let tge fire submerge me

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Good morning fooks. Ii survived this night again. Wondering what you all telling. First some coffee and a dog walk. No sun just storm and rain. Wish you all a good night sleep. Greetz

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
No plans, no prepping. Ok, a bit. Since we are not allowed to own guns in germany(what a luck with all these social media damaged people), i organized a bow and arrows. And a sports sling shot with iron ammo. That´s it. I would contact special people after SHTF, when nobody would put you to jail anymore for possession of weapons... xD

If SHTF, i first need to check the actual circumstances then. Is there really no food to get? Is there no water? Do i have to loot and follow the law of the jungle instantly or do i have to defend my people first? Is it worth to do anything, because it maybe was a nuclear attack(who wants to survive that)? Are there foreign troops on our soil? Do i need medical assistance? Do i better stay in the city(because of looting) or do i have to go deep into the forests(which i know because i grew up right at the entrance of one real big forest near cologne, that touches even other countries like the netherlands and belgium, for example, Forst Ville).

Too many questions that you only can answer if SHTF.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

So I live near you(venlo) in Maastricht you have an old Nato nuclear bunker. Maybe we can both go there. You can take a tour there with a guide. Because it's big. But who will bomb Maastricht?

edit on 16-1-2018 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2018 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join