It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a plan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In this time of fear do people have a working plan? World war 3, North Korea, Iran, Russia and don't forget Israel??? I live in the Netherlands where there is less or nothing at all. Bunkers for the government thats it. You don't get a permit for your own banker. No guns allowed by law. So you must be very genius to have a plan of survival. I have a crawl space under the house. Water, canned food and stuf in need for a few days. If the bomb will fall we have a few minutes to react. Do you? Or you wait for the " false alarm signal"? Tell me. Who is fully prepared?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ni91ck
In this time of fear do people have a working plan? World war 3, North Korea, Iran, Russia and don't forget Israel??? I live in the Netherlands where there is less or nothing at all. Bunkers for the government thats it. You don't get a permit for your own banker. No guns allowed by law. So you must be very genius to have a plan of survival. I have a crawl space under the house. Water, canned food and stuf in need for a few days. If the bomb will fall we have a few minutes to react. Do you? Or you wait for the " false alarm signal"? Tell me. Who is fully prepared?

If i'm in London I will go retro ww2 stylee and head to the underground station nearest with a few veggie BigMacs, if im in the Philippines I will just head to the beach and go out in style getting drunk and being abusive to the jolly foreigners... Long term none of us are getting out of here alive....

RA

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ni91ck

I keep a lot of canned food and ramen in stock in case I don't have food for a while, and I own a CO2 powered BB pistol. I don't want to own a real gun. I also have a network of friends I can hopefully rely on in a scenario like this. I have board games and Magic cards in case I need entertainment without electricity. I also have an encyclopedia collection and lots of textbooks in case the internet goes out. I have mangas, too.

I live in a small town that would hopefully be out of range of any real military conflict.
edit on 15pmMon, 15 Jan 2018 16:43:32 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I live so close to DC that it doesn't matter if I have a plan or not...I'm vapor when/if the proverbial manure hits the fan.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I will admit that my first response after hearing about the false alert in Hawaii of an incoming missile, was, "What if it happened in my area, and what if was real?"

I thought about it for a few minutes and talked to my mother. We both agree that we would do the same thing Nicolas Cage did with his family in "The Knowing".

That is my plan.

edit on 15-1-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

With a full scale nuclear war, all you can do is hope that there is something worth living for after the dust settles.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I and my roomie (another ATSer) do try to be prepared, as we live in a very isolated mountain region. Several things drew me to this area: The water is clean and very good to drink. There are many underground aquifers that are not hard to get to. Clean water that is not exposed to the air is the most important thing. Secondly, there is a lot of game out here, along with edibles in the forest. We do buy extra food quite a bit, and this small community already has a plan to come together in case of emergencies, but we make sure we also buy extra food for our cats and dogs.

We do buy extra over-the-counter medications and stock up. I have purchased potassium iodide pills, and a lot of baking soda (very cheap), as making a baking soda paste with clean water can remove fallout radiation from people and animals.

We operate on the premise that the US will get hit with an EMP so no vehicles and nothing electric, but we have propane, which is simply a gas which flows through a line, and there is a lot of dead wood in the forest for fires. The power goes out here a lot, we have had a taste of what to do. Plenty of candles, and enough books, color books and puzzle books to occupy time. The community can either blow or block the few roads that go in and out of the area. Not an easy place to overrun and take over. Look at it as a rural mountain hide-a-way with a lot of guns, ammo, and people who were trained with firearms from the time they could walk.

We are also heavily armed. We may be two older ladies, but we can shoot straight, if we don't have to shoot too far.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Do you know how powerful the human survival instinct is? If you you hear a loud bang. The most people duck just a little. It's automatic. So waiting for the flash to come? I think not.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I"m going to be the guy who's running around the streets waving my arms screaming at the top of my lungs completely and totally insane. That's my plan.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am negan. Give me half of your stuff....

i am so ready.. bring it on... end of the world....

edit on 15-1-2018 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I live on the east coast US south of DC, my plan in the event of a nuclear attack is to immediately go west towards the central US. Of course I would have to scavenge or raid locations for food and find others that would be willing to band together.

At that point survival of my family and kids would be paramount and all bets are off on taking chances on people that mean to do harm to me or mine.

I will never be prepared for this but as long as I try to do right, I think I will be ok.

Water, protein, are ammo are the three main things one needs to survive any major catastrophe
edit on 15-1-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I live out in the woods on a dirt road. The nearest paved road is about 15 minutes away, The nearest paved road is a single lane road for a good 20 minutes in any direction. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour to get to the city or to the interstate. That is probably to my advantage, since the last place I would want to be is the city or a freeway.

There are no bunkers out here and you are not going to be able to dig much below six feet before you hit water here in South Florida. Even if we could make it to the pond it we wouldn't be able to stay submerged long enough to miss the firestorm.

I have lived a good life. When it is my time, it is my time. That is one of the reasons I try to make the most out of each present I am given.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
To put it bluntly as possible. If it's full scale nuclear nobody survives it, prepared or not. And why would you want to survive it? Not a world I would want to live in so the plan is pop a beer and wait for the flash.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There really isn't much to be done.

Any real nuclear attack would catch us all more than 30 miles apart and in an area likely to be hit with multiple strikes. There isn't much planning to be made in that scenario.

Missiles likely between myself and child.

Missiles likely to strike where husband is at.

Missiles from any real power likely to have enough yield to almost certainly kill child and likely leave me at the least buried in rubble if not dead myself.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

No plan.

Embrace the madness.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

edit on 15-1-2018 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Interesting how different the answers are. I think most of you live in the states? The metro is always good. But it would be crowded. Much panic. Best would be Antarctica. But who would be able to live there in comfort. And how do you get there?

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones,
ya, I have a plan in case world war 3 breaks out, send my kids to the nearest cave with everything I have that might help them survive and greet death with a smile. even if you survive the initial blasts, the radiation fallout, let's say you found your way to one of those nifty underground bunkers.... you are gonna be stuck in a radioactive world with not enough supplies to get you through the nuclear winter that is coming.
I'd rather have one of the nukes fall on my head while I relax in my home thank you!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Realistically, even if you survive the initial strikes, your cars will mostly all be fried by the EMP, so you will be on foot trying to go anywhere.

Your only chance at that point would be to hole up until any fallout settles. You have a small window of time to locate provisions and shelter.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I think this has a great deal to do with where you live and your own abilities.

I live in Alaska, have a reliable hunting rifle and bear protection, tents, tarps, generator and a lifetime of experience hunting, camping and some serious survival training in my youth. In my case, I can survive off grid for as long as need be as can many of my fellow Alaskans. Game and fish are plentiful and easy to get if you know how. I know a few areas I can get too within a day where survival would be reasonably easy.

Nobody will ever be fully prepared, but those with the correct knowledge and skills and do not live in giant cities will fair the best I think. The worst place to be will be inside a large city where the gangs will run wild and radicals will switch from looting riots, to killing and stealing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join