It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigelow, UFOs, MUFON and ‘DeLonge’ Road to AATIP

page: 236
<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I gave you a star because I like you too, a lot, but you are largely talking out your ass. Hugs, Bro!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I've always wondered that and the people that demand "disclosure" in reality have no idea what they are asking for from the very source that they say has been lying all this time.

The issue is, if disclosure truly happened and it didn't meet their already predetermined bias and belief then they wouldn't believe it.

Cults being drawn to ufology is nothing new, as we have stated before, they are drawn to it as ufology could be seen as a cult. I even ponder if ufology is the product of other cults anyway. This isn't conspiracy either, it's well documented who it is with cult backgrounds and interests in esoteric subjects. They are dead centre in nearly all of it, even now and permeated the subject since its modern inception.

Ufologys framework is not too dissimilar to religions and other cultish belief systems, so it's no surprise really.

The issue on what the phenomenon is and a need to investigate it truly and fully seems to fall by the wayside as room is always made for those central figures self interests and beliefs and personal research pet projects.

It's a damn shame....
edit on p01711182400 by pigsy2400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I have no problem with people having beliefs

People aren’t going to all be mechanical materialists

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I gave you a star because I like you too, a lot, but you are largely talking out your ass. Hugs, Bro!

Half of what I know, I learned from you!

(that's not even a joke or tease it's true..I can quote you the threads you have written that were very educational when i first came to UFOlogy).

Kev

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I have no problem with people having beliefs

People aren’t going to all be mechanical materialists

Oh for sure.

I'm not a mechanical materialist either.

I think that point of view is a little small minded, given developments in quantum mechanics.

Kev

PS: but as I've harped on a hundred times probably.. if they would stop teaching their children to hate people different than them.. if they would say they were sorry for exterminating the natives of the USA and other natives.. and admit that their sheiss stinks just as bad or worse than anyone elses.. and mostly keep their toxic crap to themselves... and don't try to start WWIII to bring jesus back sooner (or whomever their holy man is)..
in other words, if they were just mildy crazy.. and not asses about it.. then I could care less what they believe.
edit on 15-11-2018 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: ctj83

The question is why do so many cults, new age beliefs tie themselves up with the UFO phenomenon. Why is it so prevalent in the United States?

That's the billion dollar question. But it's there and ubiquitous. I've always argued that you Brits have contributed more thoughtful essays on the subject and have some of the most original thinkers, but even with them it almost always comes back to a "high-strangeness" model as regards theoretical interpretation.

Of course it's very possible that Clarke nailed it:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~ Arthur C. Clarke

Then again, maybe it's the metaphysicians that have their finger on the pulse of the mystery.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Whether you call structures, flows and processes technology or mystical science.. it all amounts to the same thing, if your culture is sufficiently advanced as you say.

Our culture is not sufficiently advanced, in EITHER science or 'mysticism' for that previous paragraph to apply to us at this time.

So people, in a search for meaning, talk out their ass. I imagine it's a universal tendency.

Kev

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

The issue with the states I belive is one of isolation and I am not pushing any political buttons here. Relatively a new country by account, in terms of the rest of worlds history.

Something like less than 10% of Americans have a passport. America IS the world to alot within and little thought is given to those people's outside of their own star spangled reality. In turn I believe this makes them more susceptible to believe and be controlled what to believe.

Ufology and it's hold in America is a good example of this. Ufology may as well have "made in the USA" printed under the box.

To quote grant Cameron.. " I know what the US is doing in terms of UFOS, because there are leaked documents and groups like ttsa. What's Canada, England and other places in Europe doing about ufos....no idea because they don't say anything"

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublant

What makes you think it/they were snuck up on by the carrier?

I dont - that's the point.
It makes more sense to assume IF Fravor's testimony is accurate - he was witnessing something that was intended to be seen.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

For me this is about trying to control the consciousness of populations, TTSA and Q for example are distracting populations within the community of truth seekers by leading them along paths that lead nowhere.
They will not win though, because too many are confident and believe they will find their way and that's all that's needed.
Belief brings confirmation
Knowing, changes your reality.
Don't give then your belief.
Just believe in yourself and that you will find the right path that's best for you.
Like Jesus said seek and you shall find, ask and you will receive
Btw i believe Jesus is Venus and never existed as a human. In revelations 22 he says it, basically says i am the morning star.
I prefer lucifer to Jesus tbh, even though i know they never existed as people angels or whatever, but they exist in consciousnessand that in itself is hugely underrated and not understood by anyone i think.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Ufology and it's hold in America is a good example of this. Ufology may as well have "made in the USA" printed under the box.

It's sort of morphed into UFOtainment. Which has become a huge business stateside. Radio & TV shows, podcasts, blogs, conferences, Youtube videos etc....It doesn't really require any qualifications and there is no need to even be remotely objective or truthful. Even little old ladies are doing it.

To quote grant Cameron.. " I know what the US is doing in terms of UFOS, because there are leaked documents and groups like ttsa. What's Canada, England and other places in Europe doing about ufos....no idea because they don't say anything"

The irony is that Grant himself is a Canadian who has become a ufotainer in the USA. Rather like former head of SHADO Nicholas Pontiff who worked at our own MoD. Although Grant only needs to look for documents released by the Canadian Government or the British (not English
!) Government. They are out there.

However they are not 'out there' like some of the alleged whistleblowers such as Corey Goode etc. who seem to be 'creations' of the ufotainment industry (or IC). Honestly if these people were telling even the tiniest of secrets then they'd be in jail or exile like Snowden.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

You mean the women with those cute cats? Fluffy and Chocolate. They are so adorable.

As far as jail time or exile. How come Doty is still hovering around?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

The only question is wether Doty decided to offer information / commentary or was asked to.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

She could well be one of them yes in her regular Mrs Slocombe impression slot.

Doty. He drives a bus for TTSA doesn't he?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Interesting response.. the last high priest of Egypt, I forget his name.. the one who spoke about how Atlantis was a story given to the greeks to play a prank on them.. would have agreed with you completely.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

You mean the women with those cute cats? Fluffy and Chocolate. They are so adorable.

As far as jail time or exile. How come Doty is still hovering around?

Doty is hovering around, because he carefully followed orders and/or was a useful idiot.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I agree with you Kev re Doty. All interesting timing too as with many things of late.

I laughed at Miragemans video clip. That was funny.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I've watched many episodes of "are you being served". I'm so grateful we get BBC America.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

originally posted by: Sublant

What makes you think it/they were snuck up on by the carrier?

I dont - that's the point.
It makes more sense to assume IF Fravor's testimony is accurate - he was witnessing something that was intended to be seen.

Or "it" didn't really care either way.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I've watched many episodes of "are you being served". I'm so grateful we get BBC America.

'Beanes Of Boston' was the US version of the series, but IIRC it was never transmitted. Must have been awful.

Our most successful sitcom, 'Fawlty Towers', attracted THREE US versions, all flops and a million miles away from the success of 'All In The Family' (Archie Bunker being the US personification of Alf Garnett from 'Till Death Us Do Part'), 'Sanford And Son' (an all-black US take on 'Steptoe And Son') and 'Three's Company' (known here as 'Man About The House') - which all ran for ages. Similarly 'The Office'.

None of that was Googled btw - I really am a rather tragic closet TV/film geek!

Right - about this UFO thing...

top topics

<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join