It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Our Time Has Begun, Turkey is Now a Threat to US and EU National Security

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Intellectuals are leaving Turkey in large numbers amid President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's crackdown on dissent after the failed coup attempt against his government in July 2016.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: mortex

There's a reason why Israel, Greece, Egypt and Cyprus have been building a little coalition steadily in the Eastern Mediterranean.

Israel , Greece , Egypt and Cyprus ?

Good one !!!!

Yeh I know it's a good one, because it cuts out the terrorist supporting state of Turkey.
The US has now accused Turkey of supporting Islamic extremists/terrorists. Bet you missed that one.

Do you know what the common denominator is between them? They all have substantial gas and oil reserves within their territory.
Do you know what else is the common denominator between them? They all have issues with Turkey.

Cyprus, obvious, Turkey occupies part of it's territory and threatens it.
Israel, Turkey supports Hamas and the Palestinians and threatens it.
Greece, Turkey claims Greek territory(islands and Thrace), and threatens it.
Egypt, Turkey backed the Muslim Brotherhood, which has been overthrown by the PEOPLE OF EGYPT, thus is a threat.

It's the natural order of things in the East. Med. so long as Turkey acts like the school yard bully.
The situation that exists is Turkeys own fault. It, through it's school yard bully policies, has pushed all these countries closer together.

Of course it's a fluid situation that is evolving, so anything can happen still.
Nothing is set in stone.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Intellectuals are leaving Turkey in large numbers amid President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's crackdown on dissent after the failed coup attempt against his government in July 2016.

www.bbc.com...

Intellectuals , eh ?

In order to be a Turkish Intellectual , one needs to at least speak 3 languages minimum ; Ottoman Turkish , Arabic and Persian.

None of those who migrated to UK can fulfill this simple criteria ; are you sure about the intellects of those who left ?

Also BBC as a reliable source ?

*Snip*

edit on 16-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/19/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

There's a reason why Israel, Greece, Egypt and Cyprus have been building a little coalition steadily in the Eastern Mediterranean.

Israel , Greece , Egypt and Cyprus ?

Good one !!!!

Yeh I know it's a good one, because it cuts out the terrorist supporting state of Turkey.
The US has now accused Turkey of supporting Islamic extremists/terrorists. Bet you missed that one.

Do you know what the common denominator is between them? They all have substantial gas and oil reserves within their territory.
Do you know what else is the common denominator between them? They all have issues with Turkey.

Cyprus, obvious, Turkey occupies part of it's territory and threatens it.
Israel, Turkey supports Hamas and the Palestinians and threatens it.
Greece, Turkey claims Greek territory(islands and Thrace), and threatens it.
Egypt, Turkey backed the Muslim Brotherhood, which has been overthrown by the PEOPLE OF EGYPT, thus is a threat.

It's the natural order of things in the East. Med. so long as Turkey acts like the school yard bully.
The situation that exists is Turkeys own fault. It, through it's school yard bully policies, has pushed all these countries closer together.

Of course it's a fluid situation that is evolving, so anything can happen still.
Nothing is set in stone.

Dude might as well come up and say it ; Meghali Idea much ?

In your World do Turks have any rights to resources in the Med ? You know those Gas reserves you talk about ?

Turks have the longest sea shore in East Med ; do they get a share of the spoils or not ?

Cyprus is a #hole where your money isn't even safe in the Banks and laundering Russian money is a national sport .

Greece is bankrupt , for the 4th time since 1820's which proves the point that Greeks are not really capable of running a country of their own .

Israel is at the hands of Zionist idiots who are rushing to bring about the Armegeddon .

Egypt is not going to attack Turks ; they probably will turn against USA soon too .

*Snip*
edit on 1/19/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

(post by mortex removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Wasn't it Turkey guys who beat up peaceful protestors in Washington D.C. last year?
edit on 1/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
It was Erdogen's body guards, yes.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It’s not what I think but what I know.
How is Turkey going to extract that gas and/or oil? With what technology?
It lacks the technology as does Greece and even Israel.
That’s why the global international energy firms are involved. When they are involved, and they are in Greece, Israel, Cyprus and Egypt and soon very probable in Lebanon’s waters, it is US foreign policy.

Turkey threatened to drill in Cypriot waters. Said it would contract foreign firms. Nobody came to Turkeys party. So it bought a ship, but it didn’t dare send it into Greek or Cypriot or Israeli or even Egyptian waters. It will drill in Turkish waters..as in Turkeys internationally recognised borders. It is an exploration/survey vessel and nothing more.
If Turkey finds anything it will need international assistance to extract gas or oil.

Here’s the thing you and your compatriots don’t seem to comprehend just yet..the resources in the east med are to be used to relieve Europe’s reliance on Russian energy.
The fact it lies within 2 EU members territories, and a friendly nation in Israel is a bonus.
Plans are already underway for a pipeline between the three and further into the EU.
You obviously don’t get it.

All your bravado and stunts have got you a big fat zero as a country. You would lose a war anyway, and it would lead to a war if you tried. Remember in the 80s, the entire Greek navy was deployed with orders to sink any Turkish vessel in Greek waters, and the rest of the armed forces started mobilisations for war..and that was over a survey ship searching for oil/gas in Greek waters. Come, try again. This time with your inexperienced military full of Islamists lol. You couldn’t even retreat with your tanks against isis lol, had to leave destroyed tanks behind and lost so much other equipment.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It’s not what I think but what I know.
How is Turkey going to extract that gas and/or oil? With what technology?
It lacks the technology as does Greece and even Israel.
That’s why the global international energy firms are involved. When they are involved, and they are in Greece, Israel, Cyprus and Egypt and soon very probable in Lebanon’s waters, it is US foreign policy.

Turkey threatened to drill in Cypriot waters. Said it would contract foreign firms. Nobody came to Turkeys party. So it bought a ship, but it didn’t dare send it into Greek or Cypriot or Israeli or even Egyptian waters. It will drill in Turkish waters..as in Turkeys internationally recognised borders. It is an exploration/survey vessel and nothing more.
If Turkey finds anything it will need international assistance to extract gas or oil.

Here’s the thing you and your compatriots don’t seem to comprehend just yet..the resources in the east med are to be used to relieve Europe’s reliance on Russian energy.
The fact it lies within 2 EU members territories, and a friendly nation in Israel is a bonus.
Plans are already underway for a pipeline between the three and further into the EU.
You obviously don’t get it.

All your bravado and stunts have got you a big fat zero as a country. You would lose a war anyway, and it would lead to a war if you tried. Remember in the 80s, the entire Greek navy was deployed with orders to sink any Turkish vessel in Greek waters, and the rest of the armed forces started mobilisations for war..and that was over a survey ship searching for oil/gas in Greek waters. Come, try again. This time with your inexperienced military full of Islamists lol. You couldn’t even retreat with your tanks against isis lol, had to leave destroyed tanks behind and lost so much other equipment.

You actually believe the narrative that Turks will get no share of gas and oil reserves , don't you ?

Btw , don't believe the hype about the " islamist " army I would suggest but I think it will probably fall on deaf ears .

After all , you actually accused me of being " an islamist " too !!!

Worry about the " Cartel " who already bought all Greeks assets for peanuts .

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I for one love Turkey

I prefer it with stuffing and cranberries though

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Maybe they will work out a deal on tapping the oil and gas out of Sudan and Somalia, where they also have forces deployed??

This is why I was asking earlier about relations between Egypt and Turkey. It seems they are both beefing up their navies, perhaps in anticipation of some kind of showdown over these drilling rights?

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Egypt isn’t too happy with them as they backed the Muslim brotherhood terrorists who took control in Egypt.
They’re gone now though obviously.

a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You mean the same cartel that has setup Turkey for an epic collapse economically and a brutal and bloody war?

Yeh know them all too well. They’ve used Turkey for decades now as a stick against Greece.
It’s hilarious that you Turks think you’re that important and untouchable because of this, that you are now blinded to what awaits you in the near future.
I’d feel sad for you, but there’s no remorse in your past behaviour and actions and crimes against humanity so I’ll be sitting back with the popcorn at the comedy that will ensue in the near future in Turkey.
And when the call comes the popcorn will be put aside.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Maybe they will work out a deal on tapping the oil and gas out of Sudan and Somalia, where they also have forces deployed??

This is why I was asking earlier about relations between Egypt and Turkey. It seems they are both beefing up their navies, perhaps in anticipation of some kind of showdown over these drilling rights?

Egypt and Saudis have been promised an Arab Nato ; naturally it will not be allowed to happen .

I suggest you search for some Erdogan videos in Egypt ; he has a sizeable support in Egypt whereus Sisi is supported by US & Israel .

Somali and Sudan Turkish military bases are operational and Qatar is also under the Turkish protection .

Soon the Mecca and Medina will come under threat ; at that point we will see whether Egypt is totally subdued by Emperialist or not .

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   

(post by 23432 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
woah, you guys should relax for a second. Cant we discuss this rationally, even though I admit I opened this OP with some clearly irrational wording?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am not entirely sure Turkey is really a threat as described in the title, but I am hoping that the current anti-terrorist operations that was just started close to the Syrian border does not descend into the usual and old song "Assad must go"
It is very interesting though, how France is calling a UNSC meeting about this situation.
Let's see what kind of weird UNSC resolution proposal comes out of Bernhard Henry-Levy this time!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join