It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Battle of Our Time Has Begun, Turkey is Now a Threat to US and EU National Security

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The only Islamic Caliphate is the one we created called Al Qaeda / ISIS, which if he's on Iran's side then he's against.

Seriously? There's a reason that Iran is called the Islamic Republic of Iran. You don't remember Ahmadinejad calling for the entire region to unite under Islam to create a region of Islamic theocratic governments?

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I knew Erdogan was on the wrong path shortly after Morsi became the President of Egypt. There were too many meetings between them being reported.

To this day, Erdogan still tries to defend Morsi and his supporters even though they totally misrepresented themselves to the people of Egypt because Morsi was trying to turn Egypt into an Islamic led government after he was voted into office.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
The Turks also have a deal with Sudan that will have them establishing a dual use port on the Red Sea. This is simply inflaming tensions already existing in the region from Ethiopia's dam project threatening Egyptian water supplies. It will no doubt lead to an eventual military base in Sudan.

Turkey also established a foreign base inside of Mogadishu, Somalia in October last year.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: luthier
Constantly threatening journalists and imprisoning them, threatening the EU to open the migrant floodgates, the kurdish situation, threatening the us over out decisions, beating up protestor in the us.

Sounds like Obama, well except the protestors part he practically deployed them himself.

That settles it:

Bomb Ourselves!

What journalists had Obama jailed? Obama was regularly undermining the kurds and bombing them? Did Obama threaten to open a border (we don't even have) into Europe as a blackmailing technique?

It sounds more like your really stretching an massive exaggeration.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Meanwhile in the real world in Turkey ;

edit on 8-1-2018 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

He only says that to keep another coup from happening in the near future, or at least until he can plan his own coup.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Hey I get it, your Turk, you have an interest in defending your country. But, we are not going to sit here and pretend you have any interest in NATO objectives anymore. I think it is in both our interests if Turkey left NATO, wouldn't you say?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You know, Turkey has a right to set their own foreign policy.

If kowtowing to European interests is no longer in their interest - which it isn't, then that is their right.

Only an Imperialist would claim otherwise.

I also don't think they'll be America's enemy unless America makes them their enemy. America has a habit of doing that.

The balance of power is changing in the world and America should choose their place in it wisely. Western Europe will no longer be important in the future and America should not base her interests so heavily on those of the European Union.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

If I were the US, I would focus more on the Far East especially in South Korea where they have an anti-American President who might call for the withdrawal of US troops very soon.

Western Europe will crumble, the EU will not last long.
edit on 1/8/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
They do have that right, but when those interests are counter to NATO's, it is time they leave NATO. Otherwise we are just making ourselves vulnerable to their intelligence apparatus as they pass on sensitive data to the Iranians and the Muslim Brotherhood.

European nations on the Eastern Flank should shut their borders completely and the Mediterranean should also be locked down before the demographic changes become so severe that those who adhere to Western values are forced to evacuate to North America and Australia.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Yeah

The group's 2016 prison census – the most recently available – found that 32 states are jailing about 259 journalists worldwide. Turkey jailed the majority of that number by far, with at least 81 journalists incarcerated in the country last year, according to the organization.

Press accounts, however, put the 2017 figure at a far higher count. And the Stockholm Center for Freedom, a Sweden-based advocacy group, reports that as of July 2017, Turkish officials had arrested some 249 journalists and convicted 24 more. Turkish authorities have warrants out for another 109 journalists, according to the group.

cpj.org...

www.google.com... ia-on-trial%3fcontext=amp

March for Turkey's jailed judges highlights purge on dissidents

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Hey I get it, your Turk, you have an interest in defending your country. But, we are not going to sit here and pretend you have any interest in NATO objectives anymore. I think it is in both our interests if Turkey left NATO, wouldn't you say?

Without Turks , there is no NATO .

As for leaving NATO being in the interest of Turks ; obviously no .

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

He only says that to keep another coup from happening in the near future, or at least until he can plan his own coup.

Not really ; even if Erdogan dies tomorrow , nothing will change in respect of Christians or Jews in Turkey .

Some people think that Erdogan has God like powers ; he is a mere mortal .

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yeah

The group's 2016 prison census – the most recently available – found that 32 states are jailing about 259 journalists worldwide. Turkey jailed the majority of that number by far, with at least 81 journalists incarcerated in the country last year, according to the organization.

Press accounts, however, put the 2017 figure at a far higher count. And the Stockholm Center for Freedom, a Sweden-based advocacy group, reports that as of July 2017, Turkish officials had arrested some 249 journalists and convicted 24 more. Turkish authorities have warrants out for another 109 journalists, according to the group.

cpj.org...

www.google.com... ia-on-trial%3fcontext=amp

March for Turkey's jailed judges highlights purge on dissidents

www.theguardian.com...

You probably think that the media is sacred and journalists have integrity or something .

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
If we do to Turkey what we did to Libya and Iraq, there will be millions of refugees presently in Turkey wanting to move to EU, not counting how many Turks want to move to Europe anyway.

We did this to ourselves, if that's what it comes to. Humanity has a disease and it's not going away anytime soon.

When I die and God says I didn't make the list and have to go to the burning furnace, I'll tell it "At least I"m done with that world."
edit on 1/10/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
with Erdogan resolved to restore a neo-ottoman empire with the support of Iran (Persia) in wresting the Seat of Islam from Mecca in the Wahhabist controlled Saudi Kingdom~gone-corrupt

the Turks have declared their allegiance to be home to the soon-coming Mahdi/and the central seat for Allah on the planet and are embracing the Persian Shia with enforced reciprocity to the mystical Sufi in Turkey.... the fanatical Jihadi Sunni are to be kept on a short chain in the proposed Iran/SA/Turk led Caliphate

if erdogon uses the unsustainable flood of islamics into the EU to destabilize that part of the geopolitical landscape (some 3 million are ready to be released into Euroland right now)
Then the crops will freeze and the land will 'swallow' the flood of migrations from the ME & Africa

search for the 'green birds' that stoned the Elephants in attacking early Islam...Erdogan has grown a body of people that will protect the Caliphate after it arises--- along the lines of the Iranian Revolutionary Army who are select suicide brigades for Iran...and these brigades of volunteers will call themselves 'green birds' in the Turk language

the deep state keeps info such as this from your intellectual review, to keep you off-base/outta-Sync with the covert agendas being played out under our collective noses

RE the stoning of Elephant Army by green birds: www.brotherpete.com...

advent of Islam, Ka'bbah, Prophet
edit on th31151561922310202018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You probably think jailing journalists, judges, teachers and people who have opposing views is perfectly ok..

Good for you

Hopefully you live in Turkey where the leader will sit for as long as he can keep jailing opposition.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You probably think jailing journalists, judges, teachers and people who have opposing views is perfectly ok..

Good for you

Hopefully you live in Turkey where the leader will sit for as long as he can keep jailing opposition.

you have no idea , let's leave it that .

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
As I think you have established previously you may be a resident of Turkey, perhaps we would be better suited to have an exchange of dialogue.

What is the domestic sentiment there now as far as relations between Egypt and Turkey? Egypt is currently looking to bolster its Navy with new production and purchases to maintain better leverage in the Mediterranean and the Red Sea. I know Turkey is doing the same, but from what I can tell is already better positioned with a higher volume of Naval assets currently patrolling the region.

You guys expecting any confrontation with Egypt in the near future?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join