It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of my bed lifted 2-3 ft in the air,shook rapidly,& then dropped straight back down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
3 shots isn't enough to make a person imagine that. So I'd say the Jack Daniels is a non-factor (unless you are a super lightweight).

Have you had any other strange experiences in your life? In childhood? Anything....knocking sounds in empty houses, footsteps, that sort of thing. Apparitions? Disembodied voices? Or even other experiences that wouldn't fit under the "haunting" or demon category. Any psychic phenomenon at any time in your life?

My gut reaction to your story is that it was the ouija board, but let's explore the other things too.

It's funny you should ask me if I've heard any disembodied voices,I have,twice.I'll be posting another thread about that starting tomorrow and there's a witness to go with it.Here's the url to the other story of the disembodied voice we heard,with the witness to go with it....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes,I've had strange experiences in life,as well as others on here.I've listed 3 stories so far on ATS and I'll be listing a few more in the next couple days.I've written articles online on different websites which I'll be linking urls from ATS to them all in one link coming soon compressed into one and separately too.It takes time and I want to do it correctly.

I'm not sure about strange experiences in my childhood,knocking sounds in empty houses or footsteps.I've not seen Apparitions,yet.There's a thread here on ATS that asked "Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?" where I'll be posting all my of paranormal experiences into one link once I am finished hopefully by this weekend.If you like,I'll give you the link when I'm finished so you yourself can see/read/view all them,or I'll post the link here for all to see it so they can hop on over there to view it and read them.

I've heard disembodied voices,twice,seen ufos many times,which I'll be posting both a thread and url on that alone this coming weekend.I've had a premonition come true,my bed lift off the ground,and here's a interesting one: in the movie "Identity" I witnessed an old indian chiefs face in the bathroom mirror completely shaped by the only the rain drops during a rain storm (the face,shoulders,and feathers).It only happened the first time I watched the movie.I rewound,played and never saw it again,never.I'll be posting that thread coming soon.That's a true story as well and in that movie that hotel was built on an indian burial ground.I've heard white noise over the phone line with someone I met in Pennsylvania back in 06.She's a psychic and I have personally,personally seen her go to work online with readings,seen her brain scans and her certificate for being a spiritual reader.She claimed I am psychic which explains alot of my mentality and images in my minds eye.There's alot I can get into and will,one day,soon.

Everything I state,and say is true to the best of my knowledge as is my I am under oath in the court of law.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

sometimes down a couple shots of jack

I don't care how many shots you've had, there aren't enough to get a bed to jump 2 feet in the air...I believe you.

Thanks for believing just wish I could prove it to the public.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Dripper

So you were doing nightshift at the time... I do nightshift myself and know it can be extremely stressful, it takes a certain kind of breed and most people just can't handle it.

So we can establish that you were probably under a fair amount of stress at the time.

Then you say you were on the verge of drifting off to sleep... well, I can say from personal experience, that its a total head fog, when your already under alot of stress and get suddenly woken up, right at the second your about to drift off... its almost like being punched in the head.

Your bodies in flight or fight mode, well your brain is still trying to figure out if that dream you where just drifting into was even actual reality! At that very split second where your mind is still gaining its composure, your prone to having your head messed with.

Anyway... sounds like you just got suddenly woken up at an awkward moment. Maybe due to a loud car or a neighbour slaming a door or something.

I highly doubt their was anything paranormal about it dude.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dripper

originally posted by: donktheclown

sometimes down a couple shots of jack

I don't care how many shots you've had, there aren't enough to get a bed to jump 2 feet in the air...I believe you.

That is the riddle of the unexplained. In a case like yours , how would you prove it ? One time (hopefully) in a lifetime occurrence . And your only thoughts were WTH ? And, "how do I get away ?" . My last thoughts would have been on how can I prove this to anyone else.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Your story reminds me of an experience I had whilst in a psychiatric ward last year. I assure anybody reading this that what I saw was real and it wasn't an hallucination. The rooms had windows because we were in an extra care/high dependency section of the ward.

I was in the hallway and noticed a strange noise coming from Hannah's room (a nearby patient's room). I peaked in to see what was happening. I saw an odd blueish light and then suddenly the bed lifted into the air and landed on the nurse's arm who was in the room with her at the time. The nurse cried out in pain and Hannah sat in the corner of the room from what I could see. I think the official story was that Hannah lifted the bed and threw it at the nurse in anger but I don't believe that. Not even I (a big guy) could lift that bed and Hannah was only small. The nurse also looked traumatized after but didn't want to talk about what happened. Staff said she quit the ward that day and retired from her job.

edit on 5-1-2018 by Incandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dripperalready answered

edit on 5-1-2018 by misterassist because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2018 by misterassist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The bed I was sleeping on,even till this very day,is a waterbed. Instead of water it's replaced with a mattress and noone can fit underneath the bed because it's composed of drawers that slide in and out so it's humanly impossible to hide underneath the bed.

Don't p1ss off the angry spirit of Long John Silver.

Imprisoning one of his personal mermaids in a waterbed, from the past, is a bit sadistic IMHO.

If it is a demon then order it to confront you in a dream. Then when it meets you, whack it with a ACME Cross until it begs for you to stop. Thats what i do. They never bother me again.
edit on 5-1-2018 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I believe you. Same exact thing happened to me except the bed lifts 2-3 feet evenly. I was staying at a friend's new rental house in the guest room. This was 25 years ago. We had stayed up driving king wine, but not heavily. Her boyfriend was out of town. For some reason we were nervous being alone at this house but went to bed. She had 2 cats that woke me up in the late hours and so I was half awake when it happened. I just laid there shaking after it dropped to the floor. Was it an earthquake and I was confused? This is CA . I didn't get up right away, but left at 5 am or so.

The only thing I do know is this was literally a circular house that had been physically moved from Georgia to Palos Verdes. I think there was a ghost in that house.

Very frightening ing and no one believed me.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Phage once debunked my baby picture.

I know it's only Jan 5, but this is an early front runner for line of the year. Very underrated!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hypnagogic and hypnopompic experiences can be really wild. I see them a bit like augmented reality technology; there is an "overlay" of sleep brain patterns on our normal waking perception.

Body vibrations and bed shaking seem to be more common than some others, like full sleep paralysis.

One experience for me had a full dream state while retaining full "waking" sensory input. It was a bit like lucid dreaming mixed with being awake. Very odd one, even for someone who has experienced lucid dreaming more than most.

Whether or not its "real" is incredibly difficult to determine. At best, we build our entire comprehension of what is "real" on the pretty damned limited data of our senses. For some, that can lead to the illusion that that construct somehow accurately portrays what "is," since it is all they ever perceive, but the universe is a wackier, wilder place than the limited picture painted by our senses.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You're more than welcome. I've had so many experiences it would take a while to recount them. I just wanted to say that there shouldn't be concern of whether or not someone believes you, as long as you know it's real.

Any who reads such stories and calls them a hoax, is simply a person who isn't prepared to accept the possibility that you are telling the truth and that these events are real, that's all. Please share more, you're on a roll !!

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Look up "exploding head syndrome" and "hypnic jerk". I would suspect those before Ouija and demons.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'm sorry but, no. We all kno when we are awake. We know when we might have been dreaming.

I was awake. This never happened to me before and never again.

The bed shook and lifted off the ground and then dropped.

There are obviously different realms that coincide with ours. I think there are many different realms and within them are evil and benign entities.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

"I do nightshift myself and know it can be extremely stressful, it takes a certain kind of breed and most people just can't handle it."

"So we can establish that you were probably under a fair amount of stress at the time"

"when your already under alot of stress and get suddenly woken up"

Your bodies in flight or fight mode, well your brain is still trying to figure out if that dream you where just drifting into was even actual reality! At that very split second where your mind is still gaining its composure, your prone to having your head messed with.

"sounds like you just got suddenly woken up at an awkward moment. Maybe due to a loud car or a neighbour slaming a door or something"

I was very young at the time when I was pulling a graveyard shift and I get do tired easily(it's in my bloodline and my father gets the same exact same way.I do enjoy sleeping more than any other activity around me.Do you classify yourself as a doctor of science in medicine or as an expert in Sleep paralysis? There's alot more that subject than a few lines.I myself over night have studied that subject and it doesn't seem to place me into that zone,at least not 70% wise.Somebody has to be officially asleep for this to happen and I was starting to doze off,which means I was half awake and starting to step into a sleeping pattern stage.

I'm surprised nobody has asked me if I were on drugs,medications,mentally unstable or making this stuff,which btw I wasn't on any illegal narcotics,medications of any sort of any kind,I more than most likely have mental & psychological problems that were passed down to me genetically and I am at the least smart enough to understand this and I have investigated my own mental state of mind,but that it wasn't that one mental case was not diagnosed until October of last year and it does not involved any sort of Hallucinations the Psychologists is aware.I'm definitely not making this stuff.I've had many nights of binge drinking before and after where i could not recall the night before due to alcohol drinking,yet I could clearly remember an incident I had one morning after laying down "to go to sleep" after having lousy 2-3 shots of jack,which I'm used to having all the time and I've never recall having any event such as this happen before or after.There's ways to prove someone's story simply by the tone,gesture,back tracking,comparison to others in the world,etc.

I never mentioned I was stressed out,which I always am.I handle stress on a daily basis to the point I cold burst like an exploding star,yet I manage just fine.It comes with experience even at the age of 22 years old because I grew up quick as a young person.Fast & quick thinkers such as I look for loop holes around people and situations or payback later on in life so stress to me spelled backs is vengeance.

Firemen fighters sleep nice and good and then BAM.The alarm goes off.The get up and their gone.They know better to sit there in bed.I was in the same boat.I was in a very comfortable situation.I was not expecting the end of my bed to tilt at a 30-35 degree angle and feeling the gravity shift me forward about as fast as you can blink your eye.It happened that fast.I was more ready than spooked than scared.I knew,I knew what it was,a demonic spirit because no human could lift that huge bed that quick and shake that fast.There's no way.

Ok,ask yourself this question then to be fair minded.In the history on Sleep paralysis has anyone,ever,had 2-3 shots of jack daniels in their system,laid in bed to try and sleep only to turn around and feel the gravity shift them forward all the mean while the end of their bed lifts straight up (lightening fast) shake rapidly and then just drop within 2 seconds,top.have they? Can you find someone to match my story? I like a good challenge and I realize you're trying to debunk my story.It's only fair because by what you're reading online.I would too.You paint a picture in your mind by what you read and come to a conclusion by what "science" has to say.Remember though,Science can't always explain everything away.This isn't something that takes place everyday so i wouldn't exactly be exaggerating or be forgetting about it anytime soon.It wasn't a figure of my imagination to say at the least,in my most highest opinion,it wasn't.

Sleep paralysis: "It is commonly accompanied by feelings that something or someone is in the room with them or actually seeing or hearing something as well as a feeling of pressure on the chest and other physical sensations." That's one definition.

Note in my story I never once mentioned that I felt anything touching me,let alone anything,or anyone,sitting or resting on my chest.I never heard,saw,felt,anyone in my room or in my place after I got to go search around after the incident.The greatest trick the devil ever pulled on mankind was making him believe he never existed.I also never heard any whispers or footsteps on the floor.

Facts About Sleep Paralysis That Will Keep You Up At Night: It feels kind of like you woke up dead."Most patients say the same thing to describe sleep paralysis: that it feels like you woke up dead. You know that your mind is awake and your body is not — so you're trapped,"

Me

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So you were doing nightshift at the time... I do nightshift myself and know it can be extremely stressful, it takes a certain kind of breed and most people just can't handle it.

So we can establish that you were probably under a fair amount of stress at the time.

Then you say you were on the verge of drifting off to sleep... well, I can say from personal experience, that its a total head fog, when your already under alot of stress and get suddenly woken up, right at the second your about to drift off... its almost like being punched in the head.

Anyway... sounds like you just got suddenly woken up at an awkward moment. Maybe due to a loud car or a neighbour slaming a door or something.

I highly doubt their was anything paranormal about it dude.

I want to continue on with my last post and it's not letting me do so.My last word looks weird with the last word as "me" and that's it.
edit on 6-1-2018 by Dripper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Go to Lowes get some brackets anchor it to the floor. This way the next time a demon tries to lift it he will get a hernia and you can get some sleep.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
My brother's inlaws had an experience similar to op. My brother's wifes sister was home alone in northern Arizona desert, Navajo nation, where in the middle of the night her bed lifted off the floor 3 feet and did a 360 while levitating and slowly descending back to the floor.

Not sure if its related or not but also, the next day they found a horse and cow skinned and mutilated not far from their home.

I was gonna post this at the other "more than one strange paranormal experience" thread just hadn't gotten around to it yet.
edit on 6-1-2018 by wickd_waze because: ASU

edit on 6-1-2018 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
ive worked night shift for the past 23 years and rotating shifts 9 years before that ,its my opinion when you live alone you are more susceptible to attacks, they single you out ,ive had countless attacks ,of all kinds, ignore these IDIOTS who say its your imagination or bad dreams ,I'm sick of these know all idiots ,you must be out of your mind to have a Ouija board under your bed I would burn it, despite trying to get everything out of the house I lived in for the past 20 years, there is still something here ???? iam at a loss to get rid of it ,I know its here, I just don't know what ??? something left here from previous renters, owners ,they have made my life a misery and ruined relationships I have had ,its like they hate losing control over me , but its basically been like that all my life ,they single certain people out to control and ruin ,despite having good jobs you never ever get ahead ,never !!!!!!!! you can pay your bills etc ,but you never get ahead ,never ever ,there is always the next BAD thing in your life ,something going wrong ,you never save any money never ever ,it goes on the next disaster ,you get to the point where you wonder whats the point ,I never get ahead I'm working for nothing and I have had enough of these arseholes screwing my life

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

FWIW, there are a surprisingly large number of people who have had similar experiences. You can look into "bed shaking" on your favorite search engine for a good dive.

Sleep paralysis is just one type of this sort of experience, and should perhaps not be written off so easily. While it may not be what you experienced, there are some extremely wild, and downright "frightening," experiences associated with it.

In exploring your own experiences, it might be good to collect evidence too. While something like a video will be debunked on a site like this (its only prudent, since its so easy to fake), you can collect it for yourself all the same. If what you record does, or does not match your perception, you've got a good platform to start.

posted on Jan, 6 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SunnyDee

We most certainly do not "all know when we are asleep or awake."

To be clear though, I did not call the experiences dreams, I called them experiences. Its an important distinction in this context.

I should also note that I believe the so-called dream world is just as "real" as the waking one, albeit in a very different context. Beyond that, I find it interesting that so many who have had experiences like this automatically assume that the term "dreams" is dismissive.

Some of us think that there are different realms, and that dreams are one of them. One that can overlap through hypnagogic and hypnopompic experiences, among others.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join