It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

As we wait for feedback I'll start working on your request..

I could imagine some people would feel burdened to tell a designer they do not like a design and thus accept an avatar that is not quite what they hoped for. I'll will try to explain a little bit why this is absolutely no problem..

Most of the time I have no idea how an avatar will work out. We get the specifications and start image searching google.

(I'll take your Chesire Cat avatar as an example here)

Specifications: a combination of the Chesire Cat, and Daedlus from Greek myth

so we start looking for both those items and a possible background to drop it on..(right here is where Google actually determines the general layout because of what images turn up first)

As you can see, no shortage in Chesire Cat images but Icarus and Daedlus are few. So that kind of limits our design possibilities. As we work towards our background we pick the best picture that could fill up a 200x1600 pixels frame, is friendly on the eye and is continuous throughout.

I started out with the only useable image with Icarus in it..

Stretched out the bottom part to meet avatar length and our ground layer is done..

Cut out the cat, add transparency and slide a lot of settings..

To get an image that we can lay over the first..

And a little sunshine...

and some really subtle flames to the wings..(which is a brush I use so no need to look for flames..lol)

I will spare the text, the teacup and the steam but generally that is it...I can apply a whole bunch of filters and gizmos to the entire image to make it blend in with each other, remove lines etc and usually around this time I start posting results.

Since this is all Photoshop and every element has it's own individual layer tweaking is rather easy and customizing the avatar is a breeze.

It should be pretty obvious by now that the only real skill coming from this end is the ability to form a general idea and look for images that have the same perspective. The end result is pretty much dependent on how specific the request is, Google's ability the find images and my willingness to browse through 1000's of images..

I guess it works the same for my fellow designers in this thread and if you want to help create the perfect avatar there are only a few things that you have to do:

- Describe your request as detailed as possible no matter how weird (the weird one's are usually the most fun!!)
- Upload some examples to get an idea of color scheme etc..
- and most important..tell your designer to 86 a design and look for new images!!

Making these avatars really is the most fun you can have with your clothes on so please don't feel like you are hurting feelings if the result is not turning out the way you had in your head.

I hope this helped future visitors and now start flooding this thread with request!!!

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 16 Feb 2018 05:13:56 -0600am281320182 by operation mindcrime because: There..their..they're....lol

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 16 Feb 2018 05:15:09 -0600am281520182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Hmm,

We'll put that design on hold, and see if there is another direction we can take this.

Let's try dark, foreboding, esoteric with perhaps a little cheshire cat involved?

I'm really struggling with this whole esoteric thing lol...

Here's a really rough setup, looking for a cat currently.

Let me know what you think.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hmm, interesting what you did up at the top portion of the image, can't say I'm fond of the children tho. I rather like the swirly mists and dark shadow-type stuff you included.

This could be interesting.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Just trying some stuff out...

Okay we'll keep that background and the (esoteric?) skull, I'll send those kids home and start looking for some other stuff..

I'll keep you updated..

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 16 Feb 2018 13:13:11 -0600pm281320182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Im really loving the new hunter you made for me OM. A lot.

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Don't ask....still not sure what happened here. I'll start fresh tomorrow

Peace

Note to self: Add carrot to fill up the bottom part of this design...lol

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoFri, 16 Feb 2018 21:47:38 -0600pm284720182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Arrg SO sorry! I've had major migraines from weather not being able to make up it's mind the last several weeks and not been reading. 70 one day 30 the next is not conducive to feeling good when you're old lol. That is so right on! I missed it tho so I'm sad and mad at my stupid head

On the plus side I now have it for next year! And again thanks SO much and take your time, I'm in no hurry. This can just be your "omg I'm bored!" project lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

I am sorry to hear about your migraines, I hope you are feeling a bit better.

Your valentines avatar was far from finished but now we got a little more time to work on it..lol

I would love to work on a other avatar for you. Should that be one in our holiday-series or would you like something random for in between?

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 17 Feb 2018 04:17:23 -0600am281720182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I like this one a lot!! That's really good OM!! I bet when you're finished it is going to be amazing!

blend

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57
Thank you so much for the compliment Blend...

Since this creation was the product of way too little sleep and way too much caffeine I am not sure if I can switch my brain back to where it was when this came out so I am not sure if it will ever be finished. It was a doodle anyway and I guess it's up for grabs if anybody likes it..

I really like your new avatar!!

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 17 Feb 2018 05:46:58 -0600am284620182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am glad you like it!! I must say I was pretty pleased with that avatar as well..

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thanks
I'm dealing, but not really feeling much better. Temps changing by 20+ degrees every 10-24 hours is wreaking havoc on my head heh. Just popped in here to check in. Not really reading other threads, even if it looks like I'm online I just forgot to close my browser or it's minimized with this tab open while I'm vegging in my dark room lol.

As for avatars, whatever you feel like doing, an everyday one would be cool though too
I'm loving these new ones you're pumping out lol. Maybe faded pup/s sorta hiding, but there, in a similar background? Or maybe them underwater? Or peeking out from behind trees in a forest? Hiding behind rocks in a desert? It could be creepy, cute, cartoony, artsy, funny, anything really, I'm game. They don't have to be center stage, just there somewhere ya know?

That's all my brain can toss out for ideas sorry lol. I've literally loved every one you've done, so if you have an idea you've wanted to do, run with it, with my heartfelt thanks
I might have more pics too, I've been taking more if you want/need a pose or something. I could do that.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As for this one, yeah maybe an offwhite/pale pink or purple instead of the bright white? Maybe with little faded floating hearts or roses/flowers in the pink background under the focus hearts?

ETA: Or even a cherub in there somewhere, because that pooch is THE sweetest dog ever. She even wants to say HI! to everyone we pass (human or critter)when we are in the car driving past lol! Thank god she stops talking when I tell her to or I'd go nuts hehe.

I just realized last night I've had 8 dogs since I was 16 (in my 50s now) and all but 2 of them of them 'talked', not barked or screech or anything annoying, but actual response when you talk to them. It's a hoot, my family and I have convos with the husky and the little dog daily. Even my quiet Queensland is getting in on it. He is the only barker but I've trained him to turn it on or off so he isn't "a barker" if you know what I mean.

edit on 2/17/2018 by Lilroanie because: ETA

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I've been kind of busy with other stuff today but I still had some of your photos on my HDD...

I will see what I can come up with and I will try some stuff out...

(I guess I'm in an abstract mood...is something like this also in line with what you would like?)

original / abstract

I personally really like this style but it is not for everybody...

Peace

edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 17 Feb 2018 14:56:33 -0600pm285620182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yep something like that would be very cool! Like I said before zero hurry, they are totally worth the wait and I don't want anyone else to miss out on your skills when you've already done some for me

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Hahaha....well seeing the number of requests, we can drop the first-come-first-serve policy because I believe nobody is growing impatient..

And "dog-people" always get extra credits!!

Peace
edit on 2018pAmerica/ChicagoSat, 17 Feb 2018 16:31:55 -0600pm283120182 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Do you want/need more pics? I can post some or take some if you need something specific

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hi guys. I have this character from a very funny skit of Ren and Stimpy when they were selling rubber nipples door to door, and just thought he looks hilarious. I am no pro, so I simply took three screen caps from a youtube video and put them together in paint. But you can see the lines, and the background is chopped up and ugly.

Any chance somebody could fix it up and make it into the proper background size with just the horse guy?? I don't really want the horse guy repeating, so maybe just stretch the rest of it into a black background?? I also included the video I chopped him out of.

Here is the three individual pieces. Horse guy always made me laugh, I just want to laugh when I see him in my posts.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I just woke from what seems like an eternal sleep and I am ready to start things up here. Got a pretty nasty flu so nowhere to go today...

If you have more pics you can always upload them. It might help a lot...

Peace

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm pretty sure there is an above average number of people here on ATS who know The rubber-nipple guy...lol

My personal favourite are the Bellybutton episode and space madness...lol

I'm gonna throw some things together..

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join