It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of The Lying President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Does it matter? Not even a little.

I take issue with this, & the large percentage of people that now bandy this narrative that it doesn’t matter, quite extremely I might add.

At the very minimum...
It is a very enlightening expose on the character of the man.

& I’m sorry, not sorry, a man’s character is everything...

So... yes, it does matter. Quite a bit, actually.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

We should hold all of them media and president alike accountable.
They get away with it and people don't care as long as the lie goes along with their own way of thinking.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well, we know one for sure. I don't want to call her out so let's just say, "H. Clinton". No wait, that's too obvious. I'll call her "Hillary C."
edit on 12/26/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture
3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

Hate to break it to ya bub, but your definition requiring "deliberate intent" is not the whole story. I guess if you cherry pick your definitions, it's easier to defend your position. But if you look at definition 2 & 3, I'm pretty sure that he "lies" very often.

On a technicality, I suppose you told a "lie of omission".

Lying by omission, also known as a continuing misrepresentation, occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. An omission is when a person tells most of the truth, but leaves out a few key facts that therefore completely change the story.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Dear leader is beyond criticism.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Let's just take a few at random.

March 7 “122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!” (113 of them were released by President George W. Bush.)

So the Obama administration didn't release 122 "vicious prisoners" from Gitmo who returned to the battlefield? That statement is therefore, not true.

Wait are you saying Obama didn't release any prisoners from Gitmo?

I looked it up and it shows that he did release a lot from Gitmo.

I'm pretty sure that even though G W Bush released 113, that it's also possible Obama released an additional 122.
You're not being clear here. Clarify please thanks.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So the options are

- he lies
- he is deliberately ill informed
- he is really really stupid

Which of the above is a good characteristic to have as president?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I randomly selected a “lie” that according to you isn’t a lie because “intent cannot be proven”...

We got 306 because people came out and voted like they've never seen before so that's the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.” - DJT

(George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all won bigger margins in the Electoral College.) - Fact Check

So, Les, if this isn’t a “lie”...
What is it?

A misinformed statement?
Why is he so massively misinformed?

Is it someone close to him feeding him this information?
Blaming someone else would be convenient, for sure.

Maybe the “sources” where he collects data to inform himself nothing more than “very fake news”?
But he hates fake news, right? So he would never form an opinion based on the “very fake news” he has made his crusade?

The true answer is that it was a big fat lie.

The question is: is he trying to deceive people?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

Hate to break it to ya bub, but your definition requiring "deliberate intent" is not the whole story. I guess if you cherry pick your definitions, it's easier to defend your position. But if you look at definition 2 & 3, I'm pretty sure that he "lies" very often.

Lying by omission, also known as a continuing misrepresentation, occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. An omission is when a person tells most of the truth, but leaves out a few key facts that therefore completely change the story.

Hate to break it to you bub, but dictionaries define according to usage. They even record usage that is blatantly false.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I was just picking them at random from the NYT piece that the OP linked. Each of the items has a link to fact checking. In this case:

Fact-Check: Trump Is Wrong About Guantánamo Detainees

According to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, of the 714 former Guantánamo Bay detainees who were transferred to other countries by Jan. 15, 2017 — dating back to when the Bush administration opened the prison in Cuba in January 2002 — 121 are “confirmed” to have engaged in militant activity after their release.

However, the overwhelming majority of those 121 men, 113 of them, were transferred under President George W. Bush, not President Barack Obama.

Notably, about half of the men deemed recidivists are dead or in custody.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: TinfoilTP

We should hold all of them media and president alike accountable.
They get away with it and people don't care as long as the lie goes along with their own way of thinking.

No. The president’s job is to run the country. The journalist’s job is to inform the public of facts.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I randomly selected a “lie” that according to you isn’t a lie because “intent cannot be proven”...

We got 306 because people came out and voted like they've never seen before so that's the way it goes. I guess it was the biggest Electoral College win since Ronald Reagan.” - DJT

(George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all won bigger margins in the Electoral College.) - Fact Check

What is it?

A misinformed statement?

Maybe the “sources” where he collects data to inform himself nothing more than “very fake news”?
But he hates fake news, right? So he would never form an opinion based on the “very fake news” he has made his crusade?

And if not?

What’s the following question?

Is he gullible?
An idiot?
Delusional?

Not looking good at all really.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: muzzleflash

I was just picking them at random from the NYT piece that the OP linked. Each of the items has a link to fact checking. In this case:

Fact-Check: Trump Is Wrong About Guantánamo Detainees

According to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, of the 714 former Guantánamo Bay detainees who were transferred to other countries by Jan. 15, 2017 — dating back to when the Bush administration opened the prison in Cuba in January 2002 — 121 are “confirmed” to have engaged in militant activity after their release.

However, the overwhelming majority of those 121 men, 113 of them, were transferred under President George W. Bush, not President Barack Obama.

Notably, about half of the men deemed recidivists are dead or in custody.

Is the child who declares Santa comes down the chimney lying?

link   
This is a ridiculous post. It's par for the course for Donald Trump supporters to say "there's no evidence for this" when in fact, evidence is widespread.

OP claims "no evidence that donald trump actually lied" when in fact, evidence shows that he lies about 80% of the time.

Hell, he has such little credibility left with Americans that about 70% of Americans don't believe they're getting a tax cut.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What is it?

A misinformed statement?

And if not?

What’s the following question?

Is he gullible?
An idiot?
Delusional?

Not looking good at all really.

That’s up to you. Why don’t you ask a journalist? But I wager that by cherry picking false statements while leaving out the true statements, you’ll come to the conclusions you want to.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
This is a ridiculous post. It's par for the course for Donald Trump supporters to say "there's no evidence for this" when in fact, evidence is widespread.

OP claims "no evidence that donald trump actually lied" when in fact, evidence shows that he lies about 80% of the time.

Hell, he has such little credibility left with Americans that about 70% of Americans don't believe they're getting a tax cut.

Show me one piece of evidence.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Saying "there's no evidence Trump lies" is the same as saying "there's no evidence that the Earth is a globe" or "there's no evidence that man causes climate change" or that "there's no evidence for evolution" and so many others.

Christians love to say "Scientists have never been able to prove how Ice Ages happen, but the Bible says God did it so we'll go with that". When in fact, scientists know EXACTLY how Ice Ages happen.

And the gullible faithful lap it all up.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Show me one piece of evidence.

Donald Trump said that he doesn't know any of the women who accused him of sexual assault. He was BUSINESS PARTNERS with one of them. And that's just ONE.

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

Hate to break it to you bub, but dictionaries define according to usage. They even record usage that is blatantly false.

So now even dictionaries are fake news...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join