It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm old and I like Millennials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Millennial's are pretty # tier, the least productive generation alive. I can't blame Boomers for thinking that we would have cities on Mars by now, they thought that future generations were going to work harder and get smarter. #in' hell, am I right?

t. Millennial

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I agree about the labeling and broad defining of generations. It's not helpful.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: amazing

I did assume you are a Millennial, so I am sorry for assuming.

To me, you mentioned Politico, not Pew. And self-identifying as 'not Republican or Democrat' but voting strictly on party lines is not an admirable quality, IMO. I find it loathesome and spineless.

Also, I don't believe Millennials embrace and use technology at any special rate. Even my 96 year old grandfather used email and surfed the web before he died...8 years ago. Any generation with this kind of technology at their fingertips would make good use of it.

The Uber and Lyft stuff...it really makes me laugh. Sorry. I can't help it. It's like saying that Baby Boomers were special and full of promise because they used taxis.

Look i'm just using a few examples and quotes but really all I'm saying is that I believe Millennials are doing to disrupt a lot of existing political structure and industry. I could, of course, be wrong and nothing much happens.

Elon Musk is one person (not a millennial) who is disrupting the auto industry. Before he came along we never had electric cars that people actually wanted to buy. Now we do. Most of us still drive combustion engine vehicles, I do, and we may not see it as a game changer, but trust me it is. Decades from now, people will look back and see it that way.

Millennials may have voted on party lines, but Millions of Millennials, enough to put Clinton in the White house, voted either third party or didn't vote at all and most millennials identify as Liberal. Let that sink in for a minute. That's a game changer. They're starting to see past our failed two party system and look beyond.

Again, I know you disagree, and you might be right and my analyis could be way off. In 5 years Trump will be in his second term, Tesla will be filing for banktruptcy and no one will even remember uber and lyft and cable tv will be replacing netflix as the Millennials choice of home viewing.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Millennial's are pretty # tier, the least productive generation alive. I can't blame Boomers for thinking that we would have cities on Mars by now, they thought that future generations were going to work harder and get smarter. #in' hell, am I right?

t. Millennial

But baby boomers keep watching network news like MSNBC and FOX news and electing the same idiots to government over and over again. It's not the Millennials that are the problem, it's the boomers.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

t. Millennial

But baby boomers keep watching network news like MSNBC and FOX news and electing the same idiots to government over and over again. It's not the Millennials that are the problem, it's the boomers.

Hard to take you seriously when you label yourself a social justice warrior.

Like you last statement, "disrupt business" do you even think about what that causes? Say you and your Antifa buds shut down a business because you show up and throw a tantrum. Are YOU going to pay those employees who were sent home because spoiled children threw a tantrum?

I mean it isn't like these people show up for work for the fun of it, but to pay bills and survive! You and people like you who think it is hurting THE MAN do you ever get the clouds out of you heads long enough to think of those employees who lost money?>???????

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
If we're "bad", then wtf does that make them?

Ah, there it is.

It makes you the same.

(facepalm) If we're the "same", then that means that you're admitting that you're at least as "bad" as millennials.

However, I fail to see the whining elders take responsibility for their generation's colossal parenting and leadership failures which raised & taught the supposedly "bad" millennial generation in the first place. We're not the ones writing the backwards school curriculums. We don't run or have the slightest influence over the corruption in Wall Street, Hollywood, the MIC, or DC either. We don't control any of the corrupt theocratic governments or theocratic movements in the world, either.

All of those secret societies & powerful economic groups that people claim they're against are run by the elder generations, too (such as the Bilderberg Group, WTO, and IMF). The next time the economy crashes, or there's another foreclosure crisis, or Wall Street demands another set of bailouts, or yet another international coalition decides to invade and occupy another poor country, let's see which generation's members are the cause of it.

But yeah, somehow we're all the "same".

ETA: Just remembered that you're the one who lost all credibility w/me since you pulled the "woman card" and "make me a sammich" BS against me when you couldn't refute my points. If I would've remembered that beforehand, I wouldn't have even replied to your post.

edit on 14-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: amazing

t. Millennial

Hard to take you seriously when you label yourself a social justice warrior.

Like you last statement, "disrupt business" do you even think about what that causes? Say you and your Antifa buds shut down a business because you show up and throw a tantrum. Are YOU going to pay those employees who were sent home because spoiled children threw a tantrum?

I mean it isn't like these people show up for work for the fun of it, but to pay bills and survive! You and people like you who think it is hurting THE MAN do you ever get the clouds out of you heads long enough to think of those employees who lost money?>???????

You really missed the boat on that post. First of all I'm not a democrat or Antifa. Secondly, Martin Luther King JR, Gandhi, those are real social justice warriors. Sorry if you have a problem with people trying to do good things in the world. You may disagree with me, but I think MLK was a pretty good definition of social justice warrior as was Gandhi. Not sure why you would not take me seriuosly. Can I ask for an explanation, please?

But here's what we're really talking about "disrupting businesses and industry". What that means in this context is like when the Automobile first began mass production at a price that many Americans could afford, that revolutionized the world in a good way, but it disrupted the horse, farrier, saddle, wagon industry in a negative way. Sometimes we have to move on as a society even if it means people losing jobs. I'm truly sorry for all the Farriers that lost jobs back then and I'm sure it was a hardship on their families but progress couldn't be stopped.

That's what it means. Nobody said anything about throwing a tantrum. LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If we're "bad", then wtf does that make them?

Ah, there it is.

It makes you the same.

(facepalm) If we're the "same", then that means that you're admitting that you're at least as "bad" as millennials.

Yes. Now you are getting it.

Doesn't bother me at all to point it out to you, either. With age comes humility....no facepalm, necessary.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It really is nothing more than another metric of the Divide & Conquer techniques of old...

Tell me if you’ve noticed this, that I’m about to shine a light on...

This division caused by the media...

Race? Yep.
Religion? Yep.
Political ideology? Yep.
Gender? Yep.
Sexuality? Yep.
Nationality? Yep.

Class? Hmmmm... not so much...

Do you think that is because the bourgeoisie realise we would all band together and go 1917 or French Revolution on their asses if this was more apparent? I do wonder.

There is no profit to be made there.
Just a guillotine & a bucket.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Just a guillotine & a bucket.

No? Seriously?

No takers?

Damn it.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Owen Benjamin lays it out.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thank you for your kind words and optimism. As a millennial, I see it as my duty to encourage others in my generation to live by principles of liberty, personal responsibility, and individualism.

The paradigm has already started to shift. The coming years are going to be rough, but I believe a bright future is on its way. Persistence is a virtue that must be tested in our generation.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Millennials are indoor cats.

I love this so much!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My kid is a millenial and I think she's a pretty damn awesome human being.

Hard working, intelligent, self-reliant, compassionate, hugs trees... all the right stuff to be tops in my book.

Bah, who am I kidding.

Even if she was a lazy potato chip eating basement dweller, I'd still love her to pieces.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
While face-to-face skills may be in decline, I'd like to take the opportunity to jump in front of anyone who wants to say that text messages are ruining social interactions. Text speak is actually proven to IMPROVE your vocabulary.

The Influence of Texting Language on Grammar and Executive Functions in Primary School Children

Thanks to texting I would put good money on millennials being the most prolific writers as a group in world history.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I completely agree with you.

I think of my father law. He was a country boy growing up in Kentucky. He was one step away from Eagle scout. He couldn't make it because there was a requirement to have a foreign pen pal or something like that. Just think today we can just hop online, even ATS and say hey want to be my penpal and voila! millennials have grown up with this and have embraced global communication more than any other generation.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I'm in my 30's and I think everyone sucks, so atleast I"m fair about it.

I’m 29 and every year the music and movies that get churned out by the mainstream entertainment establishment get worse and worse... which probably explains why I’ve grown fond of silent films ever since.... oh I’d say ever since that writers strike of 2006.

I’m reminded of that episode of South Park where everything Stan see’s and hears sounds like shiit.

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Yes the milleniums,the ones who pull money out of thin air,the ones that don't work just complain,they constantly have hand out,and mouth open,degrading the people that keep them alive,I'm old and I hate them,what is so wrong with being responsible for yourself,and have self worth?I see you must be on prescription drugs,they are doing their jobs

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think what I notice most about the millennials is that they seem to value experiences more than possessing "stuff".

Good for them !

posted on Dec, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Times are just changing. What encompasses social interactions are changing. It's easy to say that someone who plays video games all day or spends all their free time on Facebook needs to go out and socialize, but at the same time that person IS socializing.

For me since I was born pre-social media but came of age when it got popular I see both sides, and I don't see things as dire as the older people do. Sure social skills are probably declining, but humans are adaptable. We learn to live with anything. As social skills decline, internet skills increase. On the internet you can socialize with literally anyone in the world. Plus it's not like social skills will just disappear forever as Facebook gets bigger and bigger.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join