It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm old and I like Millennials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Ah, I see. Perhaps my comprehension skills are fading.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We blamed our parents and grandparents for everything and they blamed us. Your generation will be criticized by the next generations and blamed for everything, even things beyond your control.

....and world moves on.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Is always funny to see the generation that raised us, blame us for the ills of society.

Especially when global millennial leadership stands at about minus 7%.

Well said, JAGstorm!

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yeah I know... -_- You'd think humans would learn their lesson...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

My dad is a post-war baby-boomer who was educated in the 60s-70s. It was a generation who could work on engines, wire a house, beat your ass at pool and still play Sunday football (soccer).

As generations go, that one would be my post-apocalyptic choice. They can survive without google and fix stuff.

No criticism of the OP either. Millennials are only as cool or as infuriating as any other generation.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Same as the last generation that was no different then the generation before that.

No better no worse.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Every generation blames the next one for there own failures, and the wheel keeps on turning.

Cheers to you op.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Interesting study

Regardless of vocabulary, I'd say that the decline in face-to-face skills (due in large part to texting) may be ruining social interaction. When you see a group of people at a restaurant table all texting each other, I personally think that is ruining social interaction. But that's from the perspective of an old guy

I can't really pin that to a generation, though. Technology is changing the way people of all generations communicate.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I feel like a lot of previous generations are romanticized. Maybe they were good times for men, but let's face it, not so much for women. For example, I was talking to an elderly lady about all the sexual scandals. She told me in her time you could never say no to your husband, if you said no, he'd rape you and you just had to live with it. Now we know that isn't right, but they just lived with that mindset back then. Men could pretty much get away with anything at work and you just had to grin and bear it. I think a lot of the older white women that voted for Roy Moore have this mindset, they don't' think anything is wrong with what he is because it was pretty much accepted back then. He went after very young girls, and if you read all the stories one of the girls mom thought her daughter hit the jackpot meeting him, even though he was 17 years her senior.

In today's world that would be crazy! This generation seems to say "No that isn't right" a lot more. These are issues we have all had for decades but now they are really being brought to light, why now? Really think about that.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Amen OP. MIllenials are also doing things new ways and disrupting our stale society. They all want to start their own businesses and use lift and uber instead of taxis etc. It's good. especially in the US where we're being led by 70 year old men with 70 year old ideas. Time to move on peeps.

LOL

Every generation is so full of themselves. This has to be the worst argument for being super-special and important that I ever read though.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: amazing
Amen OP. MIllenials are also doing things new ways and disrupting our stale society. They all want to start their own businesses and use lift and uber instead of taxis etc. It's good. especially in the US where we're being led by 70 year old men with 70 year old ideas. Time to move on peeps.

LOL

Every generation is so full of themselves. This has to be the worst argument for being super-special and important that I ever read though.

Not too sure about that...

especially in the US where we're being led by 70 year old men with 70 year old ideas. Time to move on peeps.

This seemed pretty spot on.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If we judged a generation by its worst elements we'd never have anything to be proud of.

There is a lot more good happening today than at any point in history. Barring a few details, life is not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, and blaming it on millennials is the most intellectually lazy bit of deflection ever.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I agree. I like Millenials. Youth has always gotten a bad rap, it has been that way forever. Old people complaining about the young people. Change is hard. But it is necessary and exciting.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i like them as much as i like all the other generations, including my own (old i suppose).

although i'm mostly a misanthrope.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
As I cranked up the Rock 'n' Roll, my mother used to say that when she was young they told her she would burn in hell for doing the Jitterbug when people would talk about how we would ruin the world. My father still had his Zoot suit and those big hand painted silk ties in the closet.

Nothing changes.

We had better be nice to the new generations, we'll need them while we run around on our souped up Hover-rounds.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The hippies were deep thinkers, too, and dealt with many taboo topics.

Now many of these people are the ones ruining our country at the highest levels.

Deep thinking and openly discussing semi-taboo topics does not a great generation make. Yes, many of them are doing and will do great things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves too much...

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

At one point it legally couldn't be defined as rape.

It's that kind of crap every generation tries to fix, we all generally want better than what was, not for our selves but for the rest of humanity.

Stick it to the man! It's always been a case of little victories over a long time, I know you put some emphasis on what my generation can achieve but a lot of this was already written. A torch carried through the ages perhaps?

This world will change and for the majority of people it's a need not a want, although the majority would want good change... It'll come. It always does.

Personally I think a lot of it's down to technology, humans have never been able to communicate or associate like we can today. The opportunity to learn from one another is tremendous, that's exactly what we are doing. Even in a world with so much disinformation and engineered division we see more people than ever refusing to follow.

Sure, some of us are misguided. Some of us are wrong, but we'll learn.

And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
-Road to Nowhere

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

"LOL

Every generation is so full of themselves. This has to be the worst argument for being super-special and important that I ever read though."

"especially in the US where we're being led by 70 year old men with 70 year old ideas. Time to move on peeps."

Oh, sorry I laughed...it just reminded me if these earth-shattering words from Generation X:

"I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be
Everybody's searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone who fulfilled my needs
A lonely place to be
And so I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all"

And then I laughed when I should have been like, "Oh, Millennials are so totes unique and forward-thinking!!! Uber, Lyft...over taxis??? WOW! Possible small business owners, believing in youth, rejecting the old. My God...Millennials really are leaving their uniquely unique mark! And making the world a better place! Fo sho!!!!"

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

"LOL

Every generation is so full of themselves. This has to be the worst argument for being super-special and important that I ever read though."

"especially in the US where we're being led by 70 year old men with 70 year old ideas. Time to move on peeps."

Oh, sorry I laughed...it just reminded me if these earth-shattering words from Generation X:

A lonely place to be

If I fail, if I succeed
Is happening to me
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve

And then I laughed when I should have been like, "Oh, Millennials are so totes unique and forward-thinking!!! Uber, Lyft...over taxis??? WOW! Possible small business owners, believing in youth, rejecting the old. My God...Millennials really are leaving their uniquely unique mark! And making the world a better place! Fo sho!!!!"

Great.

I actually think the Uber/Lyft schtick was satire...
I can’t imagine that was a serious statement to the uniqueness of Millennials.

posted on Dec, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

"LOL

A lonely place to be

If I fail, if I succeed
Is happening to me
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve

Great.

I actually think the Uber/Lyft schtick was satire...
I can’t imagine that was a serious statement to the uniqueness of Millennials.

Either way, I laughed when I read it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join