It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me??? - - Walking Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
started reading the graphic novels way before the tv show came out.
lost interest in the tv show years ago....they have run out of ideas.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Honestly, I lost interest in the show during the 2nd season when they were hanging around the farm focusing more on a love triangle than the actual apocalypse.

I watched it on and off since then, but could never get back into it.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I think Negan is the worst thing that happened to the show, I can't wait until they get past this part of the show.
The Governor was 100 times a better villain on the show.
Walking around leaning backwards with the baseball bat, he is just an over the top clown.
Maybe it's just the way Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays him, I just don't care for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I actually really liked the Negan character at first, but now I agree with you; they've taken that image way too far! The over-the-top bravado and talkin' smack all the time gets really old. That whole persona of "WELL, I've got it all figured out, and now I'm gonna' have to teach you all a lesson" crap is really tiring and old. The show needs to neuter him and quick! That, and the whole cat & mouse, sneaking around in the shadows thing with all the rest of the Grimes gang is just fatiguing beyond description.

Heh, I actually got up and started vacuuming the house after about 30 minutes of the last episode. Just pissed me off!

Now we have to wait until Feb to see 'Karrrrrrl' take the big dirt-nap...and then after that they'll probably take that as license to F# around for another 1.5 seasons with drama music, slinking around, whispering, inuendo and ....GAAAAHHH!!

I think I'm about done with it actually. The comic had a lot better flow.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

That helps immensely.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

LOLOL!!

Great analogy!

"I'll just get out of your angst now." PERFECT!!!

LOL!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We got tired of the show long before Negan came around. We just kept watching because we had invested so much time in it. It just always seemed like no one learned anything and the same mistakes were being made. And like others have said it because more about the people fighting people.

It was a good idea, I'm just not sure it was a strong enough idea to keep running after so many seasons. It got boring and predictable.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
And then there's Rick...

If I see one more cut shot to him with his face twisted to the side, head tilted, eyebrows furled and this "Did I just get my ass kicked...and have an aneurysm?" look on his face, I think I'll vomit!!!!

edit...or maybe it's the "Please tell me I didn't really just crap my pants...again??? look.

edit on 12/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I think the problem is partly that for the first few seasons, the characters were more real. We could relate to them and their fear, their struggle. There was more character development that made us care about them. Now, they have become caricatures of themselves. Fearless tough guys and superheroes. There is nothing any more to make us care about them, such as bonds between characters, or any show of fear or other emotions. They are just avatars on screen moving into place and speaking lines. Most of that time is spent looking at them looking at things. The only real action I get in this hour is from the cheesy Mountain Dew Walking Dead encounter app commercial, and the only thing I learn is how to mix up some new alcoholic beverages in the space between segments.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Oh, and let's not forget Elvis the mullet...I'd actually pay money to watch a whole episode where all 60 minutes was dedicated to him getting blown up, filleted, incinerated, run through a wood chipper, eaten, launched into the sun, death by enema...and 10,000 other graphic ways to be...GONE FOREVER!!!

I'm so sick of that dude it makes me want to hurl!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox

That's actually a really good critique and observation!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
And when the hell is Maggie going to have that kid anyway???

It's gonna' be about 25 years old when it's finally born! Kid's gonna' come out with a college graduation cap and gown on!

What gives with that?
edit on 12/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You described him perfectly! And that voice.... always yelling and barking orders. He has become very one dimensional. Why cant we ever see him speaking normally, eating a sandwich or having a fatherly conversation with his daughter... anything. Has he even met the kid?

Side note: The British actors tend to overdo the southern accent.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Thanks! I binge-watched the previous seasons and am now having to watch this season in real time. So I have spent some time analyzing why I dislike this season so much. Is it because I am not binging that makes it so slow and uneventful, or has the show really become this bad? I decided it was the latter. I will stick it out though, because surely they will pull it together when the ratings plunge.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

And she never looks pregnant! For, like, two years now? And they killed off her husband-she's not a strong enough actor to make her "supposedly tough" character real.

I live where it's filmed but have always been hot and cold about The Walking Dead. However, this season is like an unbelievable western. Bad editing surrounded by constant gun battle; isn't there a limited amount of ammo? Only time I felt anything so far this season is when Sheeba the Tiger was killed. Now, Sheeba could have been turned into a zombie or something more interesting that zombie food; i.e. GoT's dragon.

But this constant neverending battle-totally without any satisfaction like killing Negan-is exhausting.

Personally, I found Negan a great character-at his introduction-but they just threw him away like they did most of the major characters this season. Just poor writing. Lost opportunities. Just stuck.

All I've seen is a shoot 'em up for 60 minutes-no characterization-just mired in a disjointed, boring battle. Really disappointed.

edit on 12-12-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Done to death Genre, all sequel to night of the living dead. How long gone dead is that?

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I felt like this from last season.

The show has nowhere to go and keeps repeating only with different groups of people in different places. Battle one group to take over and then they too get attacked, people escape and then they meet others who help the attack again... it's become a cycle of attack, meet new friends, attack back, take refuge, get attacked, attack back...

I'm watching it asking 'where and when does it end'?

edit on CSTTue, 12 Dec 2017 06:15:10 -06000000003106x010x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You're bang on, this show has become a real snooze fest, "fear the walking dead" is a bit better though, looks more washed out and feels more like the classic zombie movies.

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sadly I was actually forcing myself to watch the last 3 episodes of the season boring isn't the proper
word for it... sleep inducer is better. Karl bites the dust big deal.
Horrible

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Honestly, I lost interest in the show during the 2nd season when they were hanging around the farm focusing more on a love triangle than the actual apocalypse.

I watched it on and off since then, but could never get back into it.

Yeah, that's when we dropped out. Between having a really young child in the house who was starting to become TV aware which made it hard to watch things on TV and the general lack of zombie-ness ... we just got out of it over time and never went back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join