It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF IAF retaliates against Hamas positions after rocket attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The missile attack, which the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) blamed on Hamas, happened Monday evening, according to an IDF spokesperson's statement. There's been no confirmation that any 'targets' have been hit, it added.

Looks like another Israeli-Hamas conflict could be starting.

The Israeli Army posted on its official Twitter:

In response to the rocket, an IDF tank and the IAF targeted Hamas terror posts in the southern Gaza Strip. The IDF holds Hamas responsible for these aggressive acts originating from the Gaza Strip

From reading various articles on this matter, it seems rocket attacks are preferred by Hamas. Post Iron-dome era terrorist strategy has been to use cheap rockets to threaten Israeli targets, causing Iron Dome's expensive interceptors to engage the rocket at a major cost disadvantage. Hamas is affiliated with and funded by Hezbollah, an arm of Iran. Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism, and Hezbollah is also regarded as a terror organization by the US.

source: www.rt.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 12/11/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"The Israeli military launched the attack on Palestinian positions after rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip, the IDF said"

Sounds like a defensive move, retaliation, and not ......Not..... an offensive move.
But the news(lol) will not do more than spin it.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
Hamas is like half beholden to the Mossad. So if Israel needs another conflict, they just tell their guys to send a rocket and BAM! its on like Donkey Kong!

They don't even bother reporting anymore when Hamas spokespeople deny involvement or ask for time to investigate. No need, the truth does not matter. hamas shot a rocket and they all must die is the only narrative needed.

Well, they picked a good time. If ever was a good time to just flatten Gaza and eliminate Hamas for good now is it. The North American population is the only real concern politically for them to hold back. But since the Domestic media is stuck worshiping Trump and consistently lick his boots with tabloid nonsense to keep the population stupid, Israel may finally reach their goal.

Go for it Israel, I say destroy Hamas once and for all, and then from its ashes you will create a new faction to which to play both sides for the next half a century. Better do it within the next year while most of us are still ignorantly stuck on reality drama talk shows that is pathetically called todays news in America. Cuz once the NorthKo OP finally pushes ahead, everybody is going to be mobilized with focused eye on US operations again.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

It's Trumps fault...am I right
?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Ah very true Plotus, that is certainly not my intention. I fully support Israel's lawful self defense against terrorist attacks.

I am sure they will find a way to spin this though

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Agreed, the only reason Israel hasn't already defeated Hamas is the ridiculous European anti-Israeli sentiment.

So Israel is forced to live with several major terror organizations, surrounded on all sides. Meanwhile, up until last year, the Obama Administration had been attacking and denouncing Israel further attempting to weaken its position, reversing decades of US foreign policy.

Thankfully those days are no more. Israel's hands are untied, as we are clearly willing to use our veto against any resolutions targeting our ally.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Oh of course, since several echo-chambers have already regurgitated that belief.

Apparently the people throwing fire-bombs (hate crimes) aren't responsible for their own actions

I can't stand the double standards. It is not becoming of our electorate

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

God forbid we lay any blame on Israel for keeping the Palestinians shut off from the world and dictate their lives financially.

Yeah, the double standard is alive and well.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The palestinians literally wasted the last 60 years trying to get rid of Israel, instead of building a palestinian state!

oh well!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Send in the bulldozers and ground penetrating radar.

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
interactive.aljazeera.com... guess napoleon offered it to the isrelis first way back in the late 1700s but this info graphic claims to explain the conflict from most of the way back days

en.wikipedia.org... wiki on it

israelipalestinian.procon.org... this one goes back to the BC days tell now

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, there is a potential home for those unwanted Palestinians in Gaza. Push them into the sea, or resettle them in Northern Syria/Iraq with the Kurds. I don't know how the world will accept just flushing them into the Med. , so I think a resettlement in Kurdish territory to beef up their forces against regional threats is a sound strategy.

Palestine is history now, so I will stop bothering to pretend like I care. Where we are today, lets just forego the Two state solution and allow Israel to make its claim with force. They can assimilate/integrate into the new whole and complete Israel, or move away. I mean, Syria is huge right, with large tracts of uninhabited land even. Why don't they just migrate in that direction?

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So true

From Wiki, I found the following:

A Jewish national movement, Zionism, emerged in the late-19th century (partially in response to growing anti-Semitism) and Aliyah (Jewish immigration to the Land of Israel) increased.

After World War I, Ottoman territories in the Levant came under British and French control and the League of Nations granted the British a Mandate to rule Palestine which was to be turned into a Jewish National Home

The Israeli Declaration of Independence, formally the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel, was proclaimed on 14 May 1948 (5 Iyar 5708) by David Ben-Gurion, the Executive Head of the World Zionist Organization and the chairman of the Jewish Agency for Palestine. It declared the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel, which would come into effect on termination of the British Mandate at midnight that day.

The UN's predecessor (League of Nations) turned over control of the territory to the British who turned the territory over to the World Zionist Organization after Israel's Declaration of Independence (Israel). There is nothing in that mandate about a Palestine.

There are plenty of Arab nations, is there any particular reason they should also occupy a Jewish ethnic state? Since they're so closely affiliated with Iran, why not simply go there? That's right it is easier to attack Israel from within, and accomplish Iran's stated goal of wiping Israel off the map.

Thankfully Israel *sort of possibly could maybe* have ~500 fusion bombs. The Samson Option ensures Iran, Syria, EU or any other enemies of Israel never make such a fatal mistake. Not to mention the total and unconditional support of the world's preeminent military power: the United States of America.

edit on 12/11/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

In another sign of how warped Hamas is getting Egypt recently conducted airstrikes on some of their positions in the Gaza strip as well a couple of weeks ago.. with Israeli cooperation (IE Israel allowed it to happen).

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

You mean conniving little critters, orchestrated the rocket attack and blame the other-side.!

Nice try, wankers!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

So true

From Wiki, I found the following:

A Jewish national movement, Zionism, emerged in the late-19th century (partially in response to growing anti-Semitism) and Aliyah (Jewish immigration to the Land of Israel) increased.

After World War I, Ottoman territories in the Levant came under British and French control and the League of Nations granted the British a Mandate to rule Palestine which was to be turned into a Jewish National Home

The Israeli Declaration of Independence, formally the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel, was proclaimed on 14 May 1948 (5 Iyar 5708) by David Ben-Gurion, the Executive Head of the World Zionist Organization and the chairman of the Jewish Agency for Palestine. It declared the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel, which would come into effect on termination of the British Mandate at midnight that day.

The UN's predecessor (League of Nations) turned over control of the territory to the British who turned the territory over to the World Zionist Organization after Israel's Declaration of Independence (Israel). There is nothing in that mandate about a Palestine.

There are plenty of Arab nations, is there any particular reason they should also occupy a Jewish ethnic state? Since they're so closely affiliated with Iran, why not simply go there? That's right it is easier to attack Israel from within, and accomplish Iran's stated goal of wiping Israel off the map.

Thankfully Israel *sort of possibly could maybe* have ~500 fusion bombs. The Samson Option ensures Iran, Syria, EU or any other enemies of Israel never make such a fatal mistake. Not to mention the total and unconditional support of the world's preeminent military power: the United States of America.

Not only that but sometimes you hear uninformed people whine about how the UN (or League of Nations) went in there and kicked the Palestinians out. That didn't happen. All they did was on paper. The Israelis went in there and fought for that territory. That's how it was taken from them in the first place, that's how they took it back. Fair and square.

Why is this in the WW3 forum?

top topics

join