It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO'S: It Has Begun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Great thread and not A story I was aware of, mark this one as interesting

And to shawmanfromny thats another Video and photos I have not seen

Great OP and responses

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'll watch the videos later, but I don't believe a word out of John Lear's mouth.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Fun...thanks , something to watch later.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
let's see, 1973, would have been in the Richard Nixon Presidency. My hunch is that the CIA told the Pentagon, oh hell no, you aren't releasing anything of the like! They being the entity, one of many, that has a whole world of info and knowledge on the subject of ufo's.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

It depends on which ET.

Supposedly there are many species visiting.

I suspect some are appalled by the behavior of some of the humans, on the other hand some seem to be collaborating with the gov't who do not seem to be the most ethical bunch.

I suspect you will know for sure in your lifetime but I can be wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Absolutely! John Lear thought the moon was there to catch our souls!
The man lost all credibility. Or perhaps he was just spreading disinformation?
Great OP though.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I saw that link. I don't think it is, based on the description from Lear and others who were involved in the documentary, though possible ET craft.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Were the host segments actually filmed in the Pentagon hallway? If so, then:

The end sequence to this documentary always struck me as oddly specific.
edit on 7-12-2017 by Junkheap because: I forgot something.

edit on 7-12-2017 by Junkheap because: Were not we're

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr X

I think you cannot believe anything based on one person, and regarding this story, it doesn't originate from him anyways.

Now if you have several corroborating findings you can maybe believe in, then maybe you have something.

Looking at J. Lear's background and accomplishments and his persona, he doesn't seem like the guy to tell tall tales, and again, this story does not originate with him. He and Bell are recalling certain events in the UFO timeline.

Sometimes I think people's 'religious' beliefs may muck up people's views (assuming those religious beliefs are not true, but who can say for sure, maybe there's some truth to it), it doesn't mean that they are intentionally telling tall tales but perhaps are saying what they believe is true even if it is not.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A star and flag, OP, so I can watch the video when I have time. I have only heard of this incident mentioned in passing and never really looked at it in any depth. I probably shoved it to the back of my mind as nonsense...but, seeing all the positive and favourable responses, I am going to give it more attention.

Great post!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wells Broadcast in the 30's could've been like a precurser?

A toe in the water to check thermal resistance?

Onion-like dimensions? Ghosts? Seems some shows on tv may be to desensitize us to many 'possibilities'?

There's this thing called survival instinct that has a lot to do with anxiety.
Back in the day it used to be eat the mammoth or be trampled...

We're supposed to eat the mammoth not run from it. That's how we made it thus far?

It may be that we share the same inescapable universe?
Follow the path of least resistance-route 42?

Fascinating wonder!

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: StratosFear

It depends on which ET.

Supposedly there are many species visiting.

I suspect some are appalled by the behavior of some of the humans, on the other hand some seem to be collaborating with the gov't who do not seem to be the most ethical bunch.

I suspect you will know for sure in your lifetime but I can be wrong.

Well the greys are working with our government to collect DNA for a project to bring back their long dead masters. Their DNA is encoded with a irrestible urge to do so and to use any means to achieve that goal such as giving tech to governments. Well any means short of Killing in self defence like in Dulce.

The Black triangles are Offshoots of our current humanity AKA breakaways AKA "Rks" They too share tech with each other but the RK's want to leave earth eventually when their fleet is complete around 2032 or there abouts. They are parked on the dark side of the moon to stay out of sight.
On mars there is a civilization living underground that is a older precursor civilization of our current one. They do not go exploring though and are self sufficient. they distrust outsiders so visiting them is ill advised.

How do I know? Not at liberty to disclose that information..not unless i want to be put under the jail.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
How do I know? Not at liberty to disclose that information..not unless i want to be put under the jail.

We're willing to risk it.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As far as I remember the footage was supposedly from 1971 not 1964 and the story does not originate from John Lear. So it may be a slightly different story. Robert Emenegger and Alan Sandler, were Los Angeles businessmen invited to Norton Air Force Base in California to discuss a possible documentary film on advanced research projects.

Emmenegger (who was the main writer/producer behind "UFOs : It Has Begun") was led to believe that he would be provided with film of 3 UFOs landing at Holloman Airbase in 1971 for use in his documentary. The audio-visual director Paul Shartle claimed to have seen the film and that it showed three disc-shaped craft. One of them landing and a door opening then three beings emerged.

They were close to human-size with a grey complexion and a pronounced nose. They wore tight fitting jump suits, their headgear appeared to be communication devices, along with a handheld translator. A Holloman base commander and other Air Force officers went out to meet them. In the end permission to use the film was refused although Sandler and Emenegger did use the contents of the film as the basis for a hypothetical look at contact with aliens.

The section concerned is near the end at approx 1:27:30. The last few minutes are very interesting.

Rod Serling cryptically tells us about a time when official contact is made by stating “Let’s look at an incident that may happen in the future or could have happened already”.

Now why would he say that? Why add that the incident could have happened already?

Watch the last few minutes of the video in the OP.

edit on 7/12/2017 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

So you are suggesting that if we piss them off with crude jokes that they will decimate us for that reason?

Genesis 19...
edit on 7-12-2017 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Preparing to make the movie Steven Spielberg did his homework. To ensure the film was as accurate as possible to the reported cases of UFO sightings, Spielberg hired Dr J Allen Hynek – an astronomer who had been hired by the US Air Force to examine the growing number of the UFO sightings in the late 40’s. Dr Hynek is also known to have served as a scientific advisor to the infamous Blue Book group of UFO investigators created by the US government in order to determine whether or not the UFOs posed a threat to the security of the United States. His role was to examine the truly inexplicable cases and try to find an explanation to them. But the more cases he looked at, the more Hynek’s position changed from firm skeptic to a believer in the unexplained. In Project Blue Book’s seventeen-year history, he oversaw the investigation of over 12,000 reported sightings from all over the United States.

Is it possible that Dr Allen Hynek gave Steven Spielberg an insight into actual events that took place in 1964 in New Mexico where alien craft landed in the desert? And that a team of 12 human officers boarded the ship and took off on a trip to a distant alien world? If you look carefully at the boarding scene you can actually count the number of astronauts going into the ship. The number is 12.

Unacknowledged.info - Spielberg’s Close Encounters of the Third Kind Based on Facts?.

I think that this story (Holloman AFB) has some grain of truth in there. President Eisenhower met with a contingent of aliens. Who knows what they talked about but look how technology has exploded since then! It would be easy to explain it as Corso's slow leak of tech (again New Mexico!).

The Close Encounters of the Third Kind story did not come from nowhere. Spielberg went to abductee meetings which is where he got composite sketches of what we now call "greys". They come from actual abductees! He did not make them up. Now you can see how a rumor of a meeting in the desert and physical grey aliens could lead to an entire story where the payoff is humans travelling to the stars with our space brothers. Add in some special effects, memorable music, and a memorable place where the protagonist "beats the big, bad Army" and has wish upon a star come true (the book had that as a theme throughout but I guess there were issues with licensing from Disney so it was dropped)... an instant classic is made!

The Holloman AFB rumor/story gets confused with the Edwards meeting. Apparently, Eisenhower had multiple meetings at multiple AFB at different times. Once would be a great internet rumor which Edwards is. But add in Holloman? Makes me wonder what the third one is? Anybody know? Three would make a true cover up!

Good stuff OP!

ETA: There is much confusion upon dates due to different source claiming locations.
Edwards, 1954
Holloman, 1964, plus others at the same AFB
Funny, he was president until 1961, so why would he meet ETs in 1964?

Bibliotecapleyades.net - Eisenhower's 1954 Meeting With Extraterrestrials.

edit on 7-12-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fix formatting

edit on 7-12-2017 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Add link

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That is so mean . . . .

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: yuppa

Typical human thinking.

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Interesting stuff i didn't know of, i'll definitely watch the vid

posted on Dec, 7 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

WE did not always have the point system as it is today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join