It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Govenor moving ahead with plan to drug test food stamp users

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If I'm not mistaken, whoever did this in Florida, it was found that his wife, or other relative was running the drug testing facility.

Yep,
Here it is.
Not exactly how I remembered it, but crooked, as usual.
Forbes Article

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

www.tampabay.com...

www.aclu.org...

www.cnn.com...

First 3 that popped up, Yeah, I know all communist sources but I wasn't going to spend any more time going through the 329,826 articles that popped up using the search term "3.2% of florida residents test positive for drugs" I have typed on ATS™ prior w/data which was fresh at that time.

I'm ALL for saving $$$ but this is nothing more than a $$$ grab.

If You don't use any of My $$$ then go for it, see for Yourselves...

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have a bit of a different perspective....Could it be that the actual food stamp recipient may not be doing drugs, yet do to demographics of the situation are preyed upon by others who are into the drug scene? I see a different problem, that of subsidized housing (aka 75 bucks a month rent) while others who ARE making money live their too...these recipients are required to be given a 24 hour warning of any upcoming "visit" by services.....stop the 24 hour mandate, SHOW UP unexpected....THAT'S where MOST of the fraud actually lies....only my observation....

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Hope we won re-election.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

24 hour service is to protect privacy-for everyone who rents.

Taking that away would be fool hearty.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

www.tampabay.com...

www.aclu.org...

www.cnn.com...

First 3 that popped up, Yeah, I know all communist sources but I wasn't going to spend any more time going through the 329,826 articles that popped up using the search term "3.2% of florida residents test positive for drugs" I have typed on ATS™ prior w/data which was fresh at that time.

I'm ALL for saving $$$ but this is nothing more than a $$$ grab.

If You don't use any of My $$$ then go for it, see for Yourselves...

Since when have libs cared about saving money on government programs. If that is going to be the new standard, then we may get somewhere.

I'm actually for legalization of drugs, but when you are on the public dole, I don't think it is too much to ask to not be a loser by using drugs. When you can put food on your own table, you can do whatever you want imho.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Using drugs does not make someone a loser.

We are not on the play ground.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Other states have tried and found it to be hundreds or thousands of times more expensive than not testing them.

That's modern conservatism for ya.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Using drugs does not make someone a loser.

We are not on the play ground.

That's your opinion.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i can explain the 1 percent

ever wonder how we have so many drug users in the first place when employment normaly requoers a drug test

yea its really easy to get clean pee ... so unless its a blood test ... even than

still its so easy to pass a piss test its is a waste of time to bother no one whos a drug user would actualy fail if they cared not to

link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Other states have tried and found it to be hundreds or thousands of times more expensive than not testing them.

It's ironic that now conservatives are the party of compassion. Willing to spend a lot of money to get help and treatment 4 drug abusers.

link   

You can try the partisan attack all you want, but that just ignores the fact that there are both liberal and conservative reasons why this plan is a bad idea. For liberals, it is degrading and has a low hit rate. For conservatives, it wastes tax money.

The only reason you'd want to logically implement a plan like this is if you have some vendetta against welfare recipients, because there isn't much of a benefit from implementing this policy. Policies like this are just feel good policies. They sound good on paper, do nothing but waste tax money, and the people affected just end up with harder lives than they already had.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

It's ironic that now conservatives are the party of compassion. Willing to spend a lot of money to get help and treatment 4 drug abusers.

Kicking people off of welfare for testing positive on a drug test isn't giving them help or treatment.
edit on 5-12-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Evidence based treatment or faith based 12 step programs and other pray-away-the-gay nonsense?

Nah. We see right through you. When corporations receiving bailouts have to submit to multiple random pee screenings along side their stooges in Congress, I'll be all for it.

Until then? Go fish.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You can try the partisan attack all you want, but that just ignores the fact that there are both liberal and conservative reasons why this plan is a bad idea. For liberals, it is degrading and has a low hit rate. For conservatives, it wastes tax money.

The only reason you'd want to logically implement a plan like this is if you have some vendetta against welfare recipients, because there isn't much of a benefit from implementing this policy. Policies like this are just feel good policies. They sound good on paper, do nothing but waste tax money, and the people affected just end up with harder lives than they already had.

It isn't a vendetta. If you are asking for money, it isn't too much to ask that you are doing what it takes so that you aren't asking for money six months or a year from now whether that is finding a job, not using drugs, getting training, etc. As a tax payer, I am tired of my money being pissed away.

If you got money for drugs, you have money for food.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A brilliant policy platform brought to you by coc aine addicted politicians.

Like all they Family Values politicians coming out of the closet.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have done drug testing for the local unemployment pool in my area and I can assure you that your 1% stat is more like 30%.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh look, another thread where rich people bitch about poor people abusing the system (whilst they hire tax lawyers to dodge the system). Look, a lot of people on the breadline have lost hope of things ever improving-its no surprise they turn to drugs, or to crime. I know someone who committed crimes just to get somewhere to sleep in safety! In your view though, a person trying to escape their misery with drugs is an abuse of 'your' good nature, a good nature which I suspect only exists because the government forces you to pay towards feeding them.

However, its pointless talking to people who think someone gets food stamps so they can become a drug addict (or vice versa), like heroin addiction or whatever is some kind of reward for gaming the system. You cant comprehend what it means to literally have nothing to lose.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This again, FFS all this stupid policy does is cost tax payers money, moron politicians.

I've noticed the same people that Like this drug testing policy are the same people who think trickle down economics is a massive success.

posted on Dec, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Oh so you have a drug problem? Good now have this starvation problem! What kind of backwards logic is this?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join