It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA portrays the earth as a globe from the ISS ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
PEZ Dispenser owners UNITE, there is a conspiracy afoot to deny us all refills.....

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
heineken moment btw is when i feel understood
really feels good on the internet since the beginning of time

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ok...... now I feel vindicated .....! I can go have chicken vindaloo with Lister, Rimmer and Cat..... I am finished.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

then you see this in the news..

and im kinda ok with everything like it is..not sure..i love both realities

just they speak the truth on how they see from the ISS .. no big deal and faith restored

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Why can't jets fly past the edge of the flat earth?

Because they cant pay the ferryman across the river styx.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
em..

why is this thread a hoax ? ...its true that they dont see a globe from the ISS..its just 2mm above the atmosphere..the balloon went just beneath..only 100k feet below

there is how they actually see with the fish eye correction which is legit.

at least can you post the reason why this belongs to hoax ?

edit on 2-12-2017 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken

I have a good example that fits every body...discovering the earth is the only creation of god will feel like...

Imagine all the time spent alone in your room..they tell you that you was being recorded all the time

Then I for one am really glad that I don't believe earth is a creation of God, I hate feeling like I'm being watched...
edit on 2/12/17 by djz3ro because: I used too many "then"'s for my liking...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Can anyone explain why fruit are round?

I don't actually have anything really intelligent to add to such a dumb thread. I just want to be the umpteenth person to reply so this will become another pin added to all the other pins burying the internets in an avalanche of pin headed nonsense.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Then I for one am really glad that I don't believe earth is a creation of God, I hate feeling like I'm being watched...

Why bother watching, at the end your experience will be down loaded for review.

Kind of like the judge in court doesn't watch your whole life but studies your 'case' before passing sentence.

Your mind is watching you. You are your own ccd camera on the wall of you.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Consider yourself lucky. Looks like Flat Earth threads get moved to the LOL forum......

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I see your flat earth and raise it one hollow earth.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

As it was, so it is, and so it shall be...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The hollow earth theory (That we are actually inside the planet , rather than outside it, and everything in the sky is fake) is much more possible than the flat earth theory (Where the sky is fake again, but this time if you reach the edge , you just end up on the other side of the edge.)
edit on 2-12-2017 by ZeroFurrbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I suspect people are overthinking this. I'll bet flat Earthers are just people that haven't upgraded to a 3D TV. Any sphere displayed on a conventional set appears as a flat circle or oval. Get a 3D TV (if you can still find one) and some glasses and behold the missing dimension!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Actually... not true... this is definitively, a "fish eye" lens... which you can easily se by looking at the perspective on the Solar Panel.

This oversight on your part, however, still doesn't negate the fact that "flat earth theory" is utter horses**t.

But then... most of us already know that. ;-)

If you watch this video you can see that NO part of the iss is being curved. If this was a fisheye lens the parts of the iss on camera would curve at the edges. They do not.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Why can't jets fly past the edge of the flat earth?

Because they cant pay the ferryman across the river styx.

edit on 2-12-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
a reply to: humanoidlord

hey! thanks for taking care..

I only find interesting they enhance how the astronauts sees Earth from the ISS...you know...many times i put iss live feed on an extra monitor at work..i get inspired a lot from space ...but it also makes sense to me there is a fish eye lens deliberately put there to make Earth look like a globe from that distance.

It did hurt a bit...and I know my effort here is nothing , but it's all i can do

But don't worry for my sanity, i'm lucky to have developed great programming skills so you understand living in this computer age I'm living like a rock star.

The live feed iss stream does not use a fisheye lens dude. If it was then the parts of the iss that are at the edge of the screen would curve along with everything else. Those parts do not curve.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Thank you for the laugh this morning, I needed it.

Have you ever been on the ocean, far away from land? Ever notice how when you see ships, you see only the top of the mast as the other ship approaches, then the super structure and only when it crests the horizon you can see the ship in it's entirety?

I have. Numerous times.

This is enough to prove that the Earth is not flat.

Thats not because the earths round its because our own eyes are fish eye lenses too. Satan made them that way to trick us.

That makes about as much sense as the flat earth theory.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Uhm, I have eyeballs and I've flown in airplanes, been on mountains.. why do I care about fish eye lenses on cameras? I can see with my own two eyes

Edit: I can see people are already addressing the obvious
the earth is not flat people.. c'mon

I'm sure someone has asked this to flat earthers.. how do people circumnavigate the planet if it's flat? because I've heard it's common belief that the north and south poles are barriers that go on forever in these theories which is insane.
edit on 12/2/2017 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join