It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why NASA portrays the earth as a globe from the ISS ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Reverbs
Dude..

But then where does one flat earth begin and one hollow earth end?

Narnia.

Hmmmm... Wardrobe malfunction!

link   
WTF?! STOP WATCHING FLAT EARTH VIDEOS!
IT IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD AND SANITY

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Reverbs
Dude..

But then where does one flat earth begin and one hollow earth end?

Narnia.

hahahahahahaha

Maybe we are the same person!

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
a reply to: gortex

yes..only 24 people made it so far...

im only posing the question why they are portraying a globe from the ISS..when in fact its flat..that's all

you dont want to know why?

They are showing you exactly what they see, which is the curvature of the Earth at that orbital altitude as it circles the globe. You seem desperate to imply some other motive when you have no actual evidence for one.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

'Maybe'?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

hey! thanks for taking care..

I only find interesting they enhance how the astronauts sees Earth from the ISS...you know...many times i put iss live feed on an extra monitor at work..i get inspired a lot from space ...but it also makes sense to me there is a fish eye lens deliberately put there to make Earth look like a globe from that distance.

It did hurt a bit...and I know my effort here is nothing , but it's all i can do

But don't worry for my sanity, i'm lucky to have developed great programming skills so you understand living in this computer age I'm living like a rock star.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: heineken

The vacuum of space won't let the Earth be flat which is why every other planet and moon is round , it's physics.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

you do understand that flat is how they see from up there right?

you do understand that the video that I posted reversing the fish eye lens is how Earth actually looks from the ISS?

we are talking about your Earth here too

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What is the benefit?

What do NASA gain by lying about this?

What would change if the Earth was flat?

The answer to those questions is “nothing”.

Which makes this the most pointless conspiracy theory of all time.
edit on 2-12-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
Hello!

earth from space, which is by the way understandable since the ISS is only 2 or so inches above the atmosphere...so it's understandable they see the Earth like this...what we are questioning here the effort NASA is putting in order to portray the Earth as a globe from that distance :

Good weekend brothers and sisters!

Actually, even with the lens correction as given, the picture is still a tad convex. But thanks for the fish-eye lens lesson, had it not been for thee, I'd never bloody well known about it,
however Felix Baumgartner could tell you all about it's effect in wide angle shots, as he looks at pictures of himself.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

ok, i am just saying
its not the right path

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I only have one question, which I hope you can answer. If the earth really is flat, why the cover up?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
What is the benefit?

If the earth is flat god is real.. NASA is demonic.. they made a movie but it's nothing compared to "The Book."

I think that's the point.

Makes you wonder about Einstiens proof of relativity during a solar eclipse...

LOL indeed.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
What is the benefit?

very good question..although you may want to re-think the answer you gave..

I was like you the like "who cares if it's flat or globe"

believe me, I cannot imagine anything changing the reality im living in..as stated i'm doing very well..the least i want is that people take this deceivement thing bad

now..on why it matters..

it kind of change things a little bit if instead of how we understand earth now we discover, that..

earth is the main creation of god

for many, like for me , that stopped believing in god because of all the science fed about distant stars and planets that harvest life..may really be pissed off the least.

do you think at least it matter now?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Non-answer.

No where in the Bible does it say the Earth is flat. Only that God created everything.

If God created everything, and all the other planets in the solar system are obviously spherical (any one can go buy a telescope and look at the other planets, both Mars and Jupiter will show spherical rotation over several nights of observing them, so will the sun), then why would he make only Earth flat?

again, you gave a non-answer.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You do understand that it isn't what they see at all up there right?

You do understand that you need to actually prove that every piece of film is through a fish eye lens, and also that you need to prove that there is a hidden motive behind that, right?

Manipulating a video to prove a point doesn't make the actual horizon flat.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
sometimes i wonder..if this is a way for some evil entity to keep humans reborn here...until the clock runs out after which the souls are his

maybe rejected god from life to science is a thing..

faking such a thing like universe is guaranteed to get you a lot of them..

so in reality, please proof me earth is globe...i just cannot imagine explaining god.."sorry but the galaxies..and super earths...and super novas and black hole!..and neil de grasse tyson!!" ..and God just dont give a dime and call "next pls"..

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I don’t know of any belief system in the world that hinges on the notion of a flat Earth.

There is no scripture, or revelation from God, that mentions a flat Earth.

And besides that, a flat Earth isn’t proof of God anyways.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I'm sure they have no problem admitting that the video with the fish eye effect lens is correct...it's the expected view from that altitude...

what they have a problem with telling you why they did it..

hopefully it's just because they felt it's good for us to see it as a glove all the time..

you understand me now ?

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

Non-answer.

No where in the Bible does it say the Earth is flat. Only that God created everything.

If God created everything, and all the other planets in the solar system are obviously spherical (any one can go buy a telescope and look at the other planets, both Mars and Jupiter will show spherical rotation over several nights of observing them, so will the sun), then why would he make only Earth flat?

again, you gave a non-answer.

It's a grand deception to make you feel small.. if only you realized you were gods people we could stop the evil ones.

The sky has been projected man.. It's a hologram man..

Let me try something super basic.

If you have a light source over a flat surface the entire surface will be lit up. If we have night time where is the sun? Did the sun move under the flat earth? And if so why is it not dark everywhere at once? Do we not orbit the sun? Instead the sun is moving all over the place?

It's funny. Kind of.. scary. Kind of..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join