It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$$ for your manhood?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Thought this a good place for this topic but please move to the rant section if so needed.

Please forgive me I’m two beers in and feeling like a good vent. All this sexual harassment stuff constantly rolling across the headlines for the last while is starting to drive me crazy. I’m a part time father of a beautiful 9 year old girl and a victim of a severely parasitical woman who has never had a job, has a lawyer on speed dial and a rich Papa to back her up. I see what’s going on in a different light from my own personal experiences and want to share a little bit.

Let me start by stating that it’s common knowledge that what women are usually first attracted by a man is his confidence. When It comes to expressing confidence while approaching a woman though is where all the problems start. I’ve heard countless examples over the last couple of weeks where a mans advances have turned into what is being coined as sexual assault. Some of them are vulgar and creepy while some others are harmless and good natured, but people are still losing jobs and having their lives ruined. It’s getting way out of hand.

I don’t want to go on too long with this rant, but I’m willing to get into the discussion if anyone’s interested. I’m just going to say a couple of things. I know it’s a sensitive subject and Feel free to blast away.

As I said before, I have a 9 year old daughter. I work in construction and am surrounded by the saltiest men in town on a daily basis and 90% of them are harmless but they’re also not likely to pass up a good opportunity and they’re ready and willing to approach women in any clever way that they can dream up. They’re also keenly aware that women respond to confidence.

Some women walk through life with the kind of strength and forwardness that demands respect and courtesy by even the most saultry of men. Who’s responsibility is it to make sure my daughter gets treated with dignity throughout her life?

Some women respond positively to certain advances by certain men and find the same advances by other men to be disrespectful. Sometimes these same types of women encourage this behaviour until they realise that they aren’t going to gain anything from the relationship, then ostracise and condemn the men for behaviour they encouraged before without thought to the damage that may be caused.

It’s quickly becoming a dangerous game trying to navigate the right and wrong ways to approach a woman these days. The family structure has been destroyed over the last half century and it’s getting worse by the day. To answer my earlier question, it is the responsibility of the mother and father to raise strong dignified women who demand good behaviour by the men around them. It shouldn’t be a witch hunt to find every mistake every man made in trying use the wrong approach on the wrong woman when he’s been taught by other looser women how to act.

We need to be bigger than this. Sometimes protecting your children only makes them weaker and incapable of dealing with the real world. What we are seeing is more dumbing down and more collapse of integrity and dignity of the community and only half of it falls on the men’s shoulders. Women are just as much to blame..

The only approach that will have any positive effect in all this is to make strong children that don’t become victims. And don’t be a victim yourself, demand the best from those around you, brush off the bull# and keep moving forward. Crying and pointing fingers has the potential to wreck people’s life’s in far worse ways than some dumb and harmless brute that has no class.

Rant over, sorry, sorry, flame on and have a good night.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think, the people “men” in the news getting accused of this stuff is 90% correct, these people live differant than us common, folk rich, powerful entitled people. Down in my sphere, of reality, women, are not going after men like this, and I don’t think most men I know do this kind of stuff. Sure thou I think some of this stuff is motivated by money, women mad about one night stands in some cases or a guy got dissed by her when he was hitting on her etc. confidence and doing stupid, stuff because your rich, and powerful are differant all together. Allot of these guys I doubt would have trouble getting women, in the first place so that is why I think we have a 10% flaw in the headlines.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Third wave feminism has failed mostly because you don't raise up one group of people by demonizing and tearing down another. It is a good rant and I hope things improve for you.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Thought this a good place for this topic but please move to the rant section if so needed.

Please forgive me I’m two beers in and feeling like a good vent. All this sexual harassment stuff constantly rolling across the headlines for the last while is starting to drive me crazy. I’m a part time father of a beautiful 9 year old girl and a victim of a severely parasitical woman who has never had a job, has a lawyer on speed dial and a rich Papa to back her up. I see what’s going on in a different light from my own personal experiences and want to share a little bit.

Let me start by stating that it’s common knowledge that what women are usually first attracted by a man is his confidence. When It comes to expressing confidence while approaching a woman though is where all the problems start. I’ve heard countless examples over the last couple of weeks where a mans advances have turned into what is being coined as sexual assault. Some of them are vulgar and creepy while some others are harmless and good natured, but people are still losing jobs and having their lives ruined. It’s getting way out of hand.
well said, sir. outstanding post

edit on Wed Nov 29 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote Quote Crash Course

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

You are correct on some of that. "Confidence" is super attractive. But that doesn't mean belligerence or coming on strong is. Confidence is best observed candidly. Meaning, a confident man who respectfully navigates the dating field will show his confidence in other ways.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Confidence can also be dangerous to woman , i know some males who know woman fall like a rock for their confidence , knowing this fact they abuse this by mistreating woman , they don't care because if one woman walks away there are dozens more who fall for that stuff.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Thanks guys,

The reason i put $$ into the title is that a I think there is another layer to all this that has to do with $$. It seems obvious that a lot of what is going on is more about $$ than the behaviour that it’s being blamed on. But again, lives are being ruined and the buzzards(lawyers) are circling and it’s becoming a trend that is dangerous as all hell and ultimately what it’s going to accomplish is an even bigger gap between men and women.

Young men these days are miles and miles away from being as capable of finding the right lady as they were a couple decades ago. This has been an issue for a while now. Men are scared and a lot of women, wives, mothers are abusing their powers as the weaker sex and becoming predators.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating on women at all. But its been a problem for a while now., young men are already scared to start relationships.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I think some men get their confidence and stupidity mixed up.

It's one thing for a man to walk up to a woman and compliment on how beautiful she is, then casually strike up a conversation.
It's another, for a man to approach a woman and say something horrid like "hmmm, let me get up in them guts"

When it comes down to it, men can be just plain stupid.

And unfortunately I can't claim I've never been ridiculously rude, yet somehow thinking it was gonna get me somewhere with a girl.

When I was in college a bunch of us were going to an after party, so I was rounding up some people to join us.
I approached a really attractive woman with the intention of inviting her to the party. but rather than being like, excuse me gorgeous, would you be interested in coming to the after party.
For some reason " Hey B*^+%, hey B*+^%, you wanna come to a party" came out of my mouth.

No idea wtf I was thinking.
But why would I even THINK someone would respond positively to that ?

It's idiocy exactly like what I portrayed, that is coming out and catching up to these people.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's the natural end result of everything that has been pushed on us for the last 50 years. Without blaming parties or any particular Isms it's hard to pretend there hasn't been a war to divide the sexes against each other, pitting man against woman. Our traditional relationships have been challenged in about every way making it economically advantageous to live apart, telling women that motherhood is somehow less than career (being a parent I can vouch there is no more important and rewarding job than raising children). They have feminized boys and made girls masculine. Soft men and tough women. This is neither within the natural order of things or with precedent in human society.

The Islamic world doesn't suffer from this internal fighting, men rule. Period.
This is why they are not only having record numbers of children but remain united as people.
Religion may be the basis for it and it certainly dehumanizes everyone but male believers however it does make them a coherent society that can act in it's own interest which we in the West no longer do. We're too busy infighting between sexes, genders, politics, religion, what football team you like and whether you stand with the pledge of allegiance or not. We have no energy left over to even look at what is threatening us from outside. We have every hallmark of a doomed society in the United States.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
I think, the people “men” in the news getting accused of this stuff is 90% correct, these people live differant than us common, folk rich, powerful entitled people. Down in my sphere, of reality, women, are not going after men like this, and I don’t think most men I know do this kind of stuff. Sure thou I think some of this stuff is motivated by money, women mad about one night stands in some cases or a guy got dissed by her when he was hitting on her etc. confidence and doing stupid, stuff because your rich, and powerful are differant all together. Allot of these guys I doubt would have trouble getting women, in the first place so that is why I think we have a 10% flaw in the headlines.

I heard on the radio today that they cancelled the Prarie Home Compannion and fired the guy who did the show for putting his hand on the back of a woman he was friends with while trying to comfort her. Turns out her dress was backless and he touched her skin.. I enjoyed that show more than a few times and the guy seemed like a gentleman to me. His comment on being fired was priceless, I’ll try to find it.

Who knows, maybe you’re right and most of what we are hearing on the news is earned reprocussions for those losing their livelihoods. I just see it getting out of hand and landing hard on a lot of good men after it matriculates down to our side of the world.

I could go on about the unfairness to fathers in the court system these days, but that’s another topic..

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Women want confident men because they lack it.
What they often don't notice is the guys are faking it and can't tie their own shoes.
edit on 29-11-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The Islamic world doesn't suffer from this internal fighting, men rule. Period. This is why they are not only having record numbers of children but remain united as people.

The Islamic world is far from being united. Sects, tribalism keep the Muslim world in constant conflict.

www.washingtoninstitute.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
It's the natural end result of everything that has been pushed on us for the last 50 years. Without blaming parties or any particular Isms it's hard to pretend there hasn't been a war to divide the sexes against each other, pitting man against woman.

Well said.

This is what strikes me the most about what I’m seeing going on. It’s hard to imagine it being “pushed” on us, like some horrid social experiment by TPTB but that’s exactly what it feels like.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
it's also hard to believe that the pre-60's was the wonderful utopia that so many seem to believe it was.
a time where men worked and women stayed home and took care of their kids....lol..... ya sure.. I grew up in the 60's, there seemed to be plenty of women working, in the stores and factories, and gov't offices... the only difference was.... they weren't making that much money.
such a grand time, back then when the sexual predators of women, AND CHILDREN, were usually left off the hook while their victims were publicly humiliated.
back in the day when the boys who collected the most trophies in the form of girls they managed to score with were studs while the girls were whores!!!

women went through ages being ruled by men,
burned as witches for living independently.
placed into mental hospitals by husbands who believed them to be adulterers.
abandoned along with their children when their husbands got bored of them.
sold for marriage.
legally beaten by husbands..
their activities restricted.
treated as perpetual children in need of a male guardian to control their spending.
had their earnings handed over to men.
forced to marry their rapists.

have there been more men who've been accused of sexual misconduct through the ages as there have been women accused of adultery and put to death?
has there been more men who've been mistreated by the courts over child custody/ support than there has been women who've been abandoned and left to fend for themselves through the ages?
can you name one surgical treatment that a man is forced to have without his consent by our modern medical and court system like they have done to many women when they have forced them to have c-sections against their will?

I am sorry if the scales just haven't found the perfect balance yet, but that is no reason to go backwards because you have this grand illusion that things were so grand in the past. that illusion never existed!!! and, I am sure that if women could endure the kind of treatment they did through the ages with the scales so horribly tilted against them, men can endure the short time while those scales find their balance.

edit on 29-11-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-11-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

No still means no.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
oh please!, nobody can understand women not even women themselves, one day they act like the queen of England and want to be treated as such and the next day they act like total whores and want to be treated as such. The best way to treat a women the first time you meet her is with total indifference because sure as # the next time you meet her she will act total different. Treat her with indifference until you can figure out her cycle of queen of England and total whore, and then adjust your attitude accordingly.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Laying hands on women (inappropriately) that is the grey area At the moment, sending sex texts to women showing women your private without them wanting to see it etc. seems to be the bafoonery in the news, now like I said, I think maybe in some of these cases at the time it was concentual but something happened down the road.

As far as the feminism you speak of in court, yes allot of it is unfair, it boils down to money and lawyers thou only way to protect yourself for that, gotta remember, even thou the news makes it sound like us vs them, but not all women are bad.. yet I have met some scandalist ones for sure.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

what's unfair about the court system, and who is it unfair to.
and is that unfairness really just the result of other unfairnesses??
why is it that when a man becomes a father, his employer sees him as a better employee, after all, now he has a family to support, he is more apt to settle down into the job, work harder, ect.. but when a women becomes a mother, she is seen as not as good as an employee, after all, her energy will always be divided between her children and her job. she will end up taking time off for that sick child, have child care problems, the school will be calling her at work wanting her to come pick up her sick kid!!!
the father is more likely to get the promotion, the raise than the mother is, just because of the employer's perception, doesn't matter if the women ever takes any time off even...

well, then they end up separating, and are sitting in front of a judge who is there to decide who should have custody of the child. many times the two were barely making it under the same household and now there is two households they have to carry. the father is probably earning way more than the mother because she hasn't been able to be as devout to her employer as he has and has taken time out of the workforce to have the kids and maybe even stayed home for a few years to take care of them. and, although, I will admit that the judge should be placing the child's needs as his primary concern, he also has to decide who's income should be protected also. so, typically, the mother gets custody, the father get's his income protected, so he can pay more in child support and there's a better possibility that the taxpayer won't be left holding the bag.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

CONFIDENCE : MEN :: YOGA PANTS : WOMEN

If you wear some that's shows healthy signs of DNA/RNA it signals the synapses that control the 'procreate with that human' senses to go into full on "STRIP THAT HUMAN OF THAT OUTFIT FOR CONTROL" mode.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It may and can also depend on the womans cycle, some parts of the cycle some women might typically go for a more rugged type of man, but the same women at other times of there cylce prefered a well trimmed man, same goes for attitudes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join