It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coke bottle on original moon shot footage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This is interesting, quite a few people in Aussie saw a coke bottle in the original footage from the moonwalk. When it was shown in America the bottle had been edited out. As I understand it, the signal was beamed to Aussie first, in an unedited state. So is this woman and her friends who saw the same thing taking the mickey or is this just another nail in the coffin for the moonwalk.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Another nail.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Where are the "quite a few people" who saw this Coke bottle? This particular woman could have set the bottle in front of the TV after pouring it into her 3rd Rum of the day.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
ive always wondered if they were just unsure that they would get any usable footage back from the transit through the van allen belts and then the extreme temperature changes on the moon so they shot a film here first, composited images they had from other missions and sources so they would have something if everything else failed. i know ive heard mention of it by people throughout the years and that nixon gave the order to make the recordings just incase. which quite honestly seems reasonable to me. if your going to be spending all this money, put on this whole show, the last thing u want to do is look like geraldo on prime time tv world wide.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Darn employees in Hollywood, I wonder if anyone lost their job over that?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah, I think Nixon ended up getting fired over it.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Perhaps this is why some of the original video footage was "erased"?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Brilliant !

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I was at a shuttle launch. It all looked very real to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I like how everyone that seems to believe that we have a secret space program, also believes that the moon lands are fake. Though in this case, it just seems that a person is claiming the moon landing is fake. Do these people think that we are a bunch of idiots or morons?

I just find it weird how these people fail to accept that yes we have been there, and we're going to go back. It just boggles my mind how these people think. it makes me wonder if they also think that there are little people hat live in their fridges and turn the light off when the door is closed.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
I like how everyone that seems to believe that we have a secret space program, also believes that the moon lands are fake. Though in this case, it just seems that a person is claiming the moon landing is fake. Do these people think that we are a bunch of idiots or morons?

I just find it weird how these people fail to accept that yes we have been there, and we're going to go back. It just boggles my mind how these people think. it makes me wonder if they also think that there are little people hat live in their fridges and turn the light off when the door is closed.

I like that people who think they know everything get upset when others call them out as idiots and morons.

You are free to believe what you like, however if you believe everything you are told you are both idiot and moronic.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I must be different then. I know the moon landing missions weren't faked and they actually happened.

I also know there is a secret space program. And this is easy to prove. What isn't easy to prove is just how vast or advanced that secret program is.

It isn't just my belief though.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So the only evidence in support of this is a few people saying they saw something in the footage that doesn't exist anymore. In any court, that "testimony" would have been thrown out immediately. Sorry, that just doesn't cut it.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well it is quite obvious that only one, of two things can have happened to explain the magic disappearing coke bottle.

One, a trip to the moon is quite long and a bit of a refreshment may be necessary on that short flight, somebody probably sneaked in a coke bottle, and must have fell out of the landing ship as they were getting out.

Or, quite possibly faking a moon landing is really really thirsty work, there's bound to be a bottle or two around the set.

Or..... Oh- Never mind, only two options. Almost forgot.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

A lot of Moon hoax believers like life to have plot twists like the Twilight Zone.

"They spent millions of dollars in a hoax involving thousands of people and not one man, woman or child has ever broken their patriotic commitment to the hoax. It was to be the greatest lie ever told to the world. From President to stage hand, they all took the truth to their graves. Why, even their dying breaths gave life to the lie that would live through the ages.

Little did they know it was all nearly shipwrecked. One of the cleaning ladies left an empty Coke bottle within six feet of Armstrong in the Sea of Tranquillity."

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: wildespace

A lot of Moon hoax believers like life to have plot twists like the Twilight Zone.

"They spent millions of dollars in a hoax involving thousands of people and not one man, woman or child has ever broken their patriotic commitment to the hoax. It was to be the greatest lie ever told to the world. From President to stage hand, they all took the truth to their graves. Why, even their dying breaths gave life to the lie that would live through the ages.

Little did they know it was all nearly shipwrecked. One of the cleaning ladies left an empty Coke bottle within six feet of Armstrong in the Sea of Tranquillity."

There weren't thousands of people who knew it was a hoax. Maybe 100-200 people would have known it was a hoax. The astronauts, the film crews, and the head honchos. Not many needed to know, and everyone else would never have known.

It's not hard to grasp the idea of a few hundred people keeping a secret. And when it's the greatest secrets of all human history, which you WERE INVOLVED IN, which could get you, and your family, killed for, which finds you mocked and scorned for, because you are obviously a nutcase.....

Nobody would ever talk. Why would they?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Of course there would have been hundreds in on it. That big old rocket had to be manufactured/delivered and Cape Canaveral was heavily populated by scientists as well as the general NASA workforce.

I know you're deeply committed to it being a hoax and you're entitled to believe what you want. I don't agree with you and that's cool too.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Where are the "quite a few people" who saw this Coke bottle? This particular woman could have set the bottle in front of the TV after pouring it into her 3rd Rum of the day.

Yes, start off by implying she's nothing but a drunk, who was all boozed up at the time!

It couldn't be that she might actually be telling the truth, of course!

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Why don't you think we went to the moon? Is there a reason for this, do you believe that we are incapable of achieving this, or is there some other reason you have for this ?

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

No, you are not the exception in this belief. It's just that I'm amused by people (not you clearly) that make the statement that we have never been to the moon because we don't have the ability, but them turn around and spout off about a secret space program (we all know at least one person like this)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I watched the live TV signal here in OZ as it happened (in Sydney, Oz) and the signal was received by the Parkes radio telescope in NSW. Not I nor anyone else ever saw a coke bottle and, the quality of the signal being as bad as it was, I severely doubt anyone could have discerned a company logo in those initial B&W images or even ID the shape of a glass bottle for that matter.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join