It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fractals Of God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I remember how long it took me to really make sense of the fact we are mostly (2/3, 3/4, or 4/5? More?) water. Basically, it seems like all living things are mostly water...

...then I got hit by a new realization... A new paradigm...

We, along with All living things, and All matter in the universe period, are Actually about 99.99% EMPTY SPACE...when you account for the spaces in between the atoms.
Perhaps that empty space is a support for the energy that is everything....giving that energy structure. Just as Time is there to keep everything from happening at once...pethaps Empty Space is there to keep everything from from occupying a single point.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
All is energy and thoughts effect energy. We are continuously collapsing a continuous flow of ever erupting wave functions.

Thoughts don't effect anything. Thoughts are appearing and disappearing - just like everything else.
There is no 'we' that collapses anything - there isn't any thing separate.
What is IS.
There is only the Only (the one without a second) - nothing other.

There isn't a 'you' or 'anything else' that can change what there is.
Nope. Wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: MissSmartypants

We are all identical fractals of God experiencing Creation from our own unique vantage point in SpaceTime. And that unique vantage point is our physical bodies with each one imperfect in it's own unique way. And each one us of us with our own unique set of experiences.

It is this that gives us the illusion of being different people but we are not.

You speak of illusions and yet you can never accept the strange possibility that perhaps your beliefs are in actuality ... illusions of your mind.

I am fine BTW. So how are you doing, fractal.

Is your version of God an illusion or is mine?

P
God deals with each of us on an individual basis. What you believe about God is between you and God. God knows what He's doing.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: pheonix358

We are all identical fractals of God experiencing Creation from our own unique vantage point in SpaceTime. And that unique vantage point is our physical bodies with each one imperfect in it's own unique way. And each one us of us with our own unique set of experiences.

It is this that gives us the illusion of being different people but we are not.

You speak of illusions and yet you can never accept the strange possibility that perhaps your beliefs are in actuality ... illusions of your mind.

I am fine BTW. So how are you doing, fractal.

Or, the idea everything is an illusion is also an illusion.

I'm still stunned by the lastest experimental results of quantum mechanics:

It's hard to think of us as so structured as God's fractal. The lack of materialism really has strange implications. The observer is essential in creating the reality that is experienced. Human beings are not machines executing the laws of physics. We are not automatons. I don't think we are fractals either. In a very deep spiritual sense, human beings are worth more than machines because we just don't execute programs. We create the reality we experience through observation. Computers just read from RAM as it was written. People create reality through observation as determined by God. I think the role in observing the Universe is a conduit for God bringing reality into existence. It's really strange the way things are at the quantum level.

Without an observer nothing exists. Odd but true.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I like your accountname, at least you're not taking yourself too seriously. Cypher thinks he's being very clever holding on to the Matrix or his preferred fantasy version of reality (or La La Land). Who wouldn't be drawn towards the juicy steaks of human philosophies of which there is no end and for which this subforum was made? Fact: reality is not a persistent illusion and the facts discovered in the field of quantum mechanics doesn't suggest or implies it is. Only those speculating about quantum mechanics do something like that to make it* all sound a bit more interesting and 'magical' (*: whatever they have to say about it).

Example of what I just mentioned as "those speculating about quantum mechanics":

Without an observer nothing exists. Odd but true.

Sorry, that's not true, that's incorrect/false/erronuous. And it's (irrational) speculation derived from and/or connected to Bishop Berkeley's philosophy called "immaterialism". A man who was also the cause for several centuries of people drinking tar water for their health which he also conveniently distributed from his Church. According to the Encyclopædia Britannica a couple of decades after that habit started, this causes "symptoms similar to carbolic acid poisoning", and especially parents forcefed the dark goo to their kids for things like stomache aches because Berkeley had told them to do so and was well respected by the medical community who endorsed it as well (which just happens to be one of those symptoms, a nice vicious circle, the medicine proposed by Berkeley to combat stomach aches, actually causes stomach aches, and according to Berkeley, you should give the patient 'as much as they can bare'). Yep, that's the guy UC Berkeley ows its name to, what a nice snake-oil salesman to be proud of. Don't drink the black goo (0:45), either in its philosopical form or literal form (see my signature):

Although note that people didn't stop drinking tar water after the Encyclopædia Britannica pointed out that stuff about carbolic acid poisoning. Perhaps, some people are still drinking it (allthough rubbing it on your skin seems to be more popular nowadays, at least you won't get a stomach ache).

Pine tar has also been used for treating skin conditions, often as soap, though this use as a drug was banned by the FDA along with many other ingredients, due to a lack of proof of effectiveness.[7] ...
7. ...1990-11-07...(Press release). Food and Drug Administration.

Source: Pine tar - Wikipedia

So these parts of the movie consist of uneducational unreliable erronuous irrational fantasy and imagination (if Berkeley's immaterialism isn't discussed that would be in one of the other videos about it), just for fun as long as you don't pretend there's some merit to it (in terms of thinking about reality and what is true):

Oh and the Stargate Atlantis episode below might give one a clue why the philosophers in the video above speak so highly of charletans and philosophical tar-water (snake-oil) salesman like Descartes, Kant, Berkeley and the whole clique of Lucius Lavin's that made money off of selling nonsense as insight or enlightenment (illumination) and being admired, praised, promoted and marketed for it up till this day (especially by philosophical naturalists and fans of evolutionary philosophies like Daniel Dennett above). Keyscene at 15:50:

Here's someone whose spiritual water is clear and healthy to your mind (see text under my name):

Isaac Newton's science/scientia/knowledge about reality

After having looked back at the Cypher video and thinking about the real Zion or the only way out of what the bible refers to as "this system of things" (other related subjects being "the god of this system of things", "the spirit of the world", "the ruler of this world", "the ruler of this darkness", etc.)...

Song 65 “This Is the Way” — Special Musical Video Presentation
edit on 19-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

All is energy and thoughts effect energy. We are continuously collapsing a continuous flow of ever erupting wave functions.

Thoughts don't effect anything. Thoughts are appearing and disappearing - just like everything else.
There is no 'we' that collapses anything - there isn't any thing separate.
What is IS.
There is only the Only (the one without a second) - nothing other.

There isn't a 'you' or 'anything else' that can change what there is.
Nope. Wrong.

Come on - if you are so smart tell me how it is wrong.
You said 'all is energy'....................so why do you believe that thoughts are not energy?
You claim that 'thoughts' effect 'energy' - are 'thoughts' one substance and 'energy' another substance?
edit on 19-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Perhaps that empty space is a support for the energy that is everything....giving that energy structure.

Are you sure that 'empty space' isn't just energy appearing as empty space?

Imagine that you are watching the tv - the whole screen is full of an appearance - the screen is whole and complete. Apparent things appear on the screen and even the space between apparent things appears on the screen. What appears never stays the same - but the screen is always present but constantly appears different.

The screen is always full even when the tv is off - but the screen gets overlooked when there is movement appearing on it.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So basically from what im reading we are Light and a Collective consciousness is possible?

Friedensreich Hundertwasser once wrote
"In 1953 I realized that the straight line leads to the downfall of mankind. But the straight line has become an absolute tyranny. The straight line is something cowardly drawn with a rule, without thought or feeling; it is the line which does not exist in nature. And that line is the rotten foundation of our doomed civilization. Even if there are places where it is recognized that this line is rapidly leading to perdition, its course continues to be plotted. ..Any design undertaken with the straight line will be stillborn. Today we are witnessing the triumph of rationalist know-how and yet, at the same time, we find ourselves confronted with emptiness. An aesthetic void, dessert of uniformity, criminal sterility, loss of creative power. Even creativity is prefabricated. We are no longer able to create. That is our real illiteracy.

I love fractals me!

Friedensreich Hundertwasser

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
More or less agree.

Furthermore: we are evolving towards a clearer sense of how it is we are related to one another.

Fact is, were transitioning out of the age of illusion i.e. mythological consciousness - into the age of science, which, ultimately, will bring us face to face with the true nature of reality.

How exciting!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

BUT we are blocked off.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

The more I read, the more I feel it necessary to recommend to others that they read Charles Sanders Peirce.

This man is being rediscovered by contemporary philosophy and he is more or less appearing in the syllabus of students in the natural sciences - biology in particular - mathematics, as well being the founder of semiotics.

Almost everyone who posts here seems to be afflicted with nominalism. Nominalism, in short, assumes that the individual "makes" reality, rather than reality - or the reason inherent in its material dynamics (simply observe the world around you) - being the source of the humans ability to reason.

Peirce considered himself as mediating between the views of Plato and Aristotle with his doctrine of synehcism - which describes reality in terms of perfect continuity - or "in sync"ness - between objects and processes. Everything is continuous; there is thus no mental world that is above and apart from a physical world; for example, water can be described as 2 hydrogen molecules and 1 oxygen molecule, or billions of them in continuous non-stop interaction; this is a mathematically true description of the empirical behavior of water. Yet, we all know water by its macroscopic features of wetness, fluidity, or hydration.

Similarly, the events of consciousness are emergent upon brain-processes. The brain processes self-organize according to symmetry dynamics that operate between the emergent consciousness, so that, in effect, the brain self-organizes in accordance with how the mind knows itself and its relations with others.

There is, in other words, a profoundly nuanced semiotic dynamic whereby affective events in consciousness represent ecological dynamics between self and other; the right brain both feeds into the brainstem as well as captures the "gestalt" significance of external events. Thus, the context of the individuals live feeds into the persons mind as feeling processes - there is no getting around this; as the neuroscientist and philosopher Ian Mcghilchrist has written, the right brain is master and sets the agenda - and the agenda is a reflexive function of the intentional states of the others around you. The right authentically and truly knows what is - and what matters. The problem in human beings is the left brain - the ego - and the way it misrepresents reality.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

its a subjective illusion of growing up around psychopaths.

There is no genetic blueprint. The body self-organizes in terms of the moment to moment dynamics of what is happening around you.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I got so DISTRACTED to FIGHT psychopaths I figured it was a valuable SKILL.
But the BAGGAGE is a BITCH,this WOULD have been SOOOOOOOOO much easier if I was FAR less intelligent.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It's a prickly pear - consciousness.

But ultimately ignorance is NOT bliss. Dissociation only works for a little bit; its a very ineffective way of dealing with trauma - it cuts life far too short and creates mayhem for the people who live around you. Dissociating trauma eventually leads to a full blown dissociative disorder - typically borderline personality disorder with its quirky combination of thin skin sensitivity and mind-numbing narcissism.

This is the trick for people associated with political power: instead of reorganizing themselves through love i.e. to achieve a higher and more coherent semiotic organization of biodynamical processes, they rely on forgetting. Forgetting - an idealization that typically leads to a neurological disorder (i.e. dementia, followed by ALS, MS, etc) or early death - replaces love. Short-term considerations replace long term considerations.

Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump, Kevin Spacey, etc, are people who dissociate their early life and later life traumas by "living in the now". But you build up a bad rep when you're only criteria for behaving is "how I feel in the moment". Egotism is not an effective way of regulating the self - as when one feels weak and vulnerable, it is precisely at such moments that you could effectively leverage your relations with others to help restore some sort of equilibrium. Enlivenment, or relaxation of bodily processes, are originally found in social relations - so that the person who cuts themselves off from others (as a principle) necessarily weakens themselves.

In short, popular mythological ideas i.e. Gnosticism, hermeticism, Vedanta, etc - basically mystical philosophies which arrogate the right to determine what is and isn't real, yet without providing any reasonable epistemology to justify the claim. With mysticism, assertions about reality derive from nothing more than "a spirit told me!".

All conscious minds should despise such stupid ways of deciding things, IMO.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
In short, popular mythological ideas i.e. Gnosticism, hermeticism, Vedanta, etc - basically mystical philosophies which arrogate the right to determine what is and isn't real, yet without providing any reasonable epistemology to justify the claim. With mysticism, assertions about reality derive from nothing more than "a spirit told me!".

All conscious minds should despise such stupid ways of deciding things, IMO.

What is real?
Is what is happening 'real'?

The body self-organizes in terms of the moment to moment dynamics of what is happening around you.

Is the body separate from 'what is happening' around you?

Is there a 'you' separate from what is happening?

There may appear to be a separate you if there are thoughts about you happening - but aren't they just thoughts happening?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

BUT we are blocked off.

No - you are not.

There is no you - there is just what is appearing.

There may well be a belief in a you as a separate thing - and that is why 'you' feel blocked - but when it is found that there is only ever what is appearing - where is the separate you that is blocked or anything else?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There is only energy - so there isn't any 'thing'.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The DAMN container HAS BRAIN damage from birth.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Aye. Why are you so averse to accepting that you have a brain? If you have a brain, that means that brain has been shaped by interactions. Its been shaped by a history - a unique history that is uniquely "you".

You cannot talk as if there isn't, in fact, a dynamically real self; even if its ultimately a function of a higher self, this does not mean that it doesn't cause you to act in certain ways.

For instance, I assume you have a traumatic past. I also assume that you're acceptance of non-dualism, and a philosophy which focuses exclusively on the now, is the best you could do.

Now, after years of regulating your mind and being in this way, you experience cognitive dissonance when people challenge you - even when they invoke empirical evidence from the sciences (which should be the source of all knowledge; not some solipsistic first person agenda) - you can't admit it because it cancels out your own belief, and so, in effect, you are forced to dissociate it.

This is a very intelligible process itsnowagain. There is only one truth, and your interpretation of reality is not it.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

edit on 24-11-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join