It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations-you now have hypertension

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: Arnie123
Yeah, I got HBP, well Hypertensive.

Cut the salt, change your diet to add more greens and drink more water.

...And take your statins like I do. Otherwise,get browbeat by your doctors for not taking what is recommended.
Sometimes the recommendations seem a bit excessive, huh?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I've known about the push for this for at least a couple of years. What I didn't know was that some jobs would require medication.

Interesting.

Btw, whoever said eat less salt, that is not true for some people. Just sayin,

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

That is a lie the medicine is cheap you can get most blood pressure meds at walmart pharmacy for 4$ . This is just a ploy by pharma to put people with normal blood pressure on medication. Utter BS.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

That decision just got insurance companies millions, possibly billions of dollars.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

The official rule is that stage one gets a one year certification, providing every thing else is good. The rule of thumb, which is used by pretty much every trucking company out there, is that if you're in the upper end of stage one, you're sent to see your doctor and can't drive until you get it down, either by medication or diet. Stage two doesn't qualify at all until it's brought down into stage one, or below.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up.

I take all these things with a healthy dose of (dare I say it), salt. The AMA is more an arm of Big Pharma than anything else these days so they're just pushing more people into the pop a pill a day group to enhance Pharma profits.

Its kinda like..............everything causes cancer, but they never quite get a cure. Load-o-crap.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Of course they have a choice. They can say, "Nope, I'm not going to take medication. Thanks anyway." It's that simple.

Interesting fact: for most of the history of modern medicine, "normal" blood pressure was considered your age in years + 100. So for a 40-yr- old, upper number of 140 was considered ok, etc. Then they decided everyone should be below 140/80 and a whole lot of people went on meds...but health outcomes didn't change that much statistically. Now they're doing it again, in spite of a stack of studies showing that pushing bp that low with meds doesn't improve health any more than aiming for 140 and in many cases is even harmful thanks to the doses needed to achieve that target. Just another moneymaking move by they medical pharmaceutical industry. Shame on them.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Look under your seats.

Now you have a preexisting condition. And you have a preexisting condition. You ALL have a preexisting condition!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Humm, who's really pushing for driverless trucks that these kinds of restrictions would be installed and enforced for truck drivers? Are car insurance companies going to follow suit and have sliding rates dependent upon your normal PB?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hum. Right during Open Enrollment.

And caffeine is listed as substance in DSM-IV (or did they already go to DSM-V? Idk). I like how the definition can change but the approach to treatment hasn't. "Here have some pills."

I can't leave it alone... remember when Fukushima exploded? Well, the standards were changed there to so we can all get more radiation than we did prior to the accident.

Re-reading this post, I really don't have a lot to say except, "It has happened before." Always follow the money!

Is pot still illegal? But I can get a script from the MD to start taking BP medication. *sigh*

Stoopid lobbyists.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Sounds like someone has gotten the ok to sell some pills. a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

The DOT physical has been enforced, with these requirements for something like 20 years or more. There were a number of medical related accidents, so strict medical requirements were put in place.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

And in other news. . . Democrats have proposed a law saying that anyone with hypertension can't own a fire arm.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Didn't they lower the baseline for pre hypertension not too long ago? And they did it again? Something isn't right. Sounds like a push for BP meds.

If anyone here has HBP, look into Olive Leaf extract, found in health food stores and GNC. It's a natural alternative to prescription BP Meds and also has other health benefits.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I can't believe it's a push for more bp medication scrips. I think mine costs me $3 for a 90 day supply.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Try a whole food plant based diet for hypertension. Better than taking medication.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

They also recommended that pharma companies develop multiple medications into one.

From the source article:

The Association now generally recommends that patients with Stage 1 hypertension only be prescribed medication in the event of a heart attack or stroke, and they’re also recommending that pharmaceutical companies combine multiple blood pressure drugs.

That might push costs of medications up.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Sorry, Zap, my experience with secret things that fly for over 30 years tells me not to trust anyone in government (or near government) to do what is right or honest for me without a hidden reason.

Every trucking company will want driverless trucks...and so will the insurance companies.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Of course they will, but it won't work for a long time
They're actually going to trucks that platoon, and run under computer control with a driver along for the ride.

I've been part of the industry for many years, on both sides of the driver seat. They're already short something like 80,000 drivers, and that's only going to get worse once the ELD mandate goes into effect. There's no reason for them to rig the game.

I could go on for ten or twelve posts about how bad the industry treats drivers, and how hard it is to keep seats filed. When I worked the office side, the company I was with had one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry, at something like 100%. There are companies out here that average 200% turnover. If you adjust driver pay for inflation, we're making the same per year as we made in 1981.

There's no reason whatsoever to rig the game. As long as freight costs stay where they are, and ELDs go through, in ten years, the industry will clear 250,000 drivers short, and driverless trucks will be on the road, all thanks to us being treated as the scum of the earth.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Arnie123

Truck drivers have to have a physical every two years. Between the stress of our deliveries, the pressure put on us by the companies and brokers, and the food options on the road, exercise and healthy eating are a hell of a lot harder than for the average person. And having high blood pressure can and will disqualify you. This just hammered a lot of drivers. Both my other half and I just immediately jumped into stage one, even though we're both healthy otherwise. That means we can only get a one year certificate now.

Well ... thank goodness we are at the verge of driver-less vehicles.

With all of the drivers now sick, we should go forward with getting them all better jobs and driver-less is the way of the future.

Bend over and take your medicine.

P

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join