It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations-you now have hypertension

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
AND you CANNOT kick ANYONES ASSES...making it FAR worse.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wulfrida
I had an allergic reaction to lisinopril.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You never know, this might actually be a partial hit on truck drivers, to prevent a trucker army from demanding where's their money when truck A.I. goes full petal.

I have wondered more about what various broad based occupations reaction towards such automation.

Because it's not going to be slow, like people believe, Moore's law, is with it's innovation, adoption and development.

It only get weirder from here.

------

I to think it's to do with selling more meds as well as prompting further medical costs.

HBP imo, has a lot to do with both the diet and mental well being, and living in this reality right now, is not good for your mental well being if you are not rich.

One accident with a deer can cost you your job and house, even with full coverage if you don't outright own your vehicle.

edit on 14-11-2017 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

The only reason I'm only touching on drivers is because I'm going on six straight years of literally living on the road, so I know the industry well. But this is going to hit pretty much anything that falls under the umbrella of the DOT, and a lot more.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
a reply to: Wulfrida
I had an allergic reaction to lisinopril.

my husband was on this......coughed like crazy...,would not ask the dr for another different prescription...there are plenty to choose from....lisinopril is made from the poisonous venom of a brazilian snake, I guess that makes sense because a bite would kill you and your blood pressure would take a massive drop...so a little bit in a pill would lower your bp

if you need to go on bp medicine when you started make sure they give it enough time..I had a friend with HIGH bp they kept changing her prescription after a week her pressure was coming down but it needed more time to get all the way...the nurse practioner finally saw her and said they were not giving any of the meds enough time to work...he put her back on the first one that she tolerated really well....he was right it just took a little more time because her bp was on the higher side than some people to start with

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Do you do anything to try and keep stress and bloodpressure down while on the road. Truck driving is extremely stressful at times i bet. I just recently had a short 8 month stint as a courier and the driving for that alone made me super irritable and i imagine sky rocketed my blood pressure. Other than cursing a lot i found no good solution to mitigate the stress. I have no idea how guys like you can manage it. Id last a week as a semi driver before going ape.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Screaming and swearing help a lot. We try to take a few days down every couple months, and I usually take a week or so off in the summer, but there's really not much you can do. The stress is pretty constant unless you're in the middle of nowhere and don't see another vehicle for miles.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Um, i think the last time my bp was 120/80 I must have been like 9yrs old. I guess you have to be half dead to be considered healthy these days. Wow.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The American Heart Association just released new standards for high blood pressure, and according to them almost half of American adults have hypertension. Under the old standards, stage one hypertension was at 140/90. Under the new standards, it's 130/80, with elevated being 120-129/below 80.

Of course the AHA claims that doesn't mean that all those people don't need to be on medication, but this is going to have a serious effect on a lot of people, with many having no choice but to go on medication.

The new AHA guidelines for diagnosing hypertension are listed below.

Normal: Less than 120/80 mm Hg;
Elevated: Top number (systolic) between 120-129 and bottom number (diastolic) less than 80;
Stage 1: Systolic between 130-139 or diastolic between 80-89;
Stage 2: Systolic at least 140 or diastolic at least 90 mm Hg;
Hypertensive crisis: Top number over 180 and/or bottom number over 120, with patients needing prompt changes in medication if there are no other indications of problems, or immediate hospitalization if there are signs of organ damage.

www.wxyz.com...

Somehow I think the studies have not gone far enough, certainly we as a species are hyper if descended from apes, and therefore would have the tendency to be hyper.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yeah ive learned to string together all sorts of curse words in inventive ways from being a courier.

Problem with me is the stress began to effect my personality making me somewhat of a dick and it spilled onto my ats posts. Now that im not a courier and that stress is behind me my posts have been a little more cordial and not as aholish.
edit on 14-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Most of us Now have high blood pressure...

to go along with the 33% of all Boomers having Hep C (according to MSM TV commercials)

I took the 12 week, daily pill program through the VA... for Hep C...It can return !!

the worst thing affecting me now is that my blood-pressure RX is 'Lisinopril' (one of the 4 most dangerous BP meds)

for different reasons... none of my Organs are suitable for Donor status....sorry old guy elites that were hoping

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Solely a move to push more medication

BINGO! That was my first thought when hearing this new standard for hypertension. Reminds me of automobile dealers wanting to do $500 maintenance on your car every 10,000 miles.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is the kind of nebulous diagnosis that is rooted in nothing but greed and control.
BP fluctuates throughout the day for all sorts of reasons and not all of them are big pharma pill related. The problem here is you are tired, overworked, or forgot to eat before a test, the machine hasn't been calibrated or is pre programmed and voila' you need pills.

Salt, Don't get me started. That study was flawed in a million and half ways but it has become gospel. Salt, what kind? Was there enough calcium/magnesium in the test subjects? How about the fluid levels, a key to salt working is enough WATER in the body.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

I didnt get the cough, but the pain in my hip, butt and legs was debilitating.

Here's the side effects

TextBlurred visioncloudy urineconfusiondecrease in urine output or decrease in urine-concentrating abilitydizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting positionsweatingunusual tiredness or weakness

Less common

Abdominal or stomach painbody aches or painchest painchillscommon coldcoughdiarrheadifficulty breathingear congestionfeverheadacheloss of voicenasal congestionnausearunny nosesneezingsore throatvomiting

Rare

Arm, back, or jaw painchest discomfort, tightness, or heavinessfast or irregular heartbeatgeneral feeling of discomfort or illnessjoint painloss of appetitemuscle aches and painsshiveringtrouble sleeping

www.mayoclinic.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">side effects

The metaprolol slowed my heart rate down so much they started talking about a pacemaker.

I dropped both of them, and took Hawthorne standardized supplements, lowered my salt intake, and ditched the doctors. I swear they were trying to kill me. My blood pressure is not as low as taking bp meds, but around 145/90
Thats good enough for me.

I had bp of 120/75 on meds, couldn't walk, felt very tired and low, couldn't think straight. My heart rate was down to 40bpm!

No more doctors for me. Bunch of idiots.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have problems with sodium intake increasing fluid retention and causing my blood pressure to go up, averaging 150/100.
Taking a diuretic my BP is averaging 135/85, sometimes higher, sometimes lower and my ankles, hands and face are not swollen. I told my doctor I will not take any more meds for BP.

I have recently increased my salt/sodium intake because I believe my diet is low in iodine. I have eaten a low sodium diet for over 40 years and try to eat as many home grown organic veggies as possible. However, I live in the mid-west in an iodine deficient area and the combination probably means I have been low in iodine for many years. With a family and personal history of thyroid problems I believe increasing iodine is helpful. Also my PB went up slightly, about 5 points, which I consider reasonable. I still restrict consumption of high sodium foods because most processed foods not longer use iodized salt.

According to the chart on my old BP machine 100 plus my age is fine because for most people this is what happens. I don't pay attention to that chart or the new ones. I am where my body feels the best.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoLeoMidWest

You don't need salt for iodine. I take a few drops of lugols solution of iodine. The amount on salt won't really do much.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

They lowered stage one. At my physical last year, my blood pressure was 130/82, which was considered slightly elevated. Now, I'm considered stage one hypertensive.

Sorry for slightly off topic but I'm curious do all US citizens with health insurance have to get a physical each year or something?

In the UK certain jobs require it but the majority of people here haven't a clue what their blood pressure or X blood levels are.
I would only get to know something like that if I'd been feeling unwell or whatever and sought medical assistance.

...seems like a scam to sell med's to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

No. I have to have one every one to two years because of my job. Some life insurance policies require them,and you find the occasional health insurance plan that does, but for just health insurance, I've never had to take one.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply, I was only wondering because every time I read about blood levels for x or y it is always US members. I'd almost imagined you all get a check like we have for vehicles here annually.
edit on 15-11-2017 by TJames because: correct autocorrect

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

If your doctor is prescribing "statins" for blood pressure, you may need a new doctor -

- as far as I know, statins are only for lowering cholesterol - and they are terrible medications and probably are causing your pains...

...I did a lot of research when they were prescribed for my husband's high cholesterol and found out that they can cause irreparable damage to nerve, and muscle tissue, including the heart itself..

Search the word 'statins' on ATS and you'll come up with threads that talk about the whole 'cholesterol conspiracy'..

at any rate, I have never heard of statin medications being prescribed to lower blood pressure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join