It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60,000 join "far-right" march on Poland's Independence Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Nice to see 60,000 patriots are able to peacefully assemble and voice their desires.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What issues have the far left made it difficult to speak about in Europe? And who exactly are the far left?

Mass immigration, Islam, western values. Moderate voices have been marginalized, and this is the result.

Not mainstream papers in the UK are anti immigration. The UK just voted to leave the EU. An anti immigration party came second in the French presidential election and the OP is about a 60k strong march with a strong anti immigration message.

Thats a very poor effort at stopping people speaking.

You never answered who the far left is.

I will not grace such a stupid question with an answer.

The point is, the more the left smears those who talk about issues such as immigration, the less they will address them, leading people to find no other choice but to kick the bucket further down the spectrum, where people will.

You claimed the far left were stopping people talking about certain issues, yet I have shown that they are talked about and you can't tell name any of the far left doing what you claim.

Is it a stupid question or do you just not know what you are talking about?
Here

Again, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Not a single thing to do with far left stopping people talking about anything.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yep, all that's true. Not just Jews, as you very well know. I'm not going to attempt to teach you history...I know better.

I find that sort of thing, overt over the top nationalism, worrisome. It can, not saying it will, it can become something akin to "superpatriotism" which I define as "my way is the only way". Your definition may differ.

It bears watching. But ultimately, it's their country, and I have no influence, nor should I have.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
I think when a march is organised by far-right fascist groups, attended by far-right fascist groups, celebrated by far-right fascist groups, when there are signs reading 'Pray for Islamic Holocaust' on display, I think we can be pretty definite in concluding this was a far-right fascist event.
/quote]

If it looks like sh*t, smells like sh*t, is disgusting like sh*t, it obvisiously is sh*t!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I find that sort of thing, overt over the top nationalism, worrisome.

Feel free.

I find over the top globalism worrisome like the planet is out to git us.

Poland celebrating a national holiday ?

Not so much.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good look to them , seems perfectly fine to me .

We should all have a march like that in every town and city.

Good to see the polish been proud of there country 👍

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What issues have the far left made it difficult to speak about in Europe? And who exactly are the far left?

Mass immigration, Islam, western values. Moderate voices have been marginalized, and this is the result.

Not mainstream papers in the UK are anti immigration. The UK just voted to leave the EU. An anti immigration party came second in the French presidential election and the OP is about a 60k strong march with a strong anti immigration message.

The point is, the more the left smears those who talk about issues such as immigration, the less they will address them, leading people to find no other choice but to kick the bucket further down the spectrum, where people will.

You claimed the far left were stopping people talking about certain issues, yet I have shown that they are talked about and you can't tell name any of the far left doing what you claim.

Here

OK fine. It was just a Muslim MP sicking the police dogs on a man for something he "felt" was racist.
edit on 13-11-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: Autocorrected he to she

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The way I see it is a 60,000+ person match doesn't just spontaneously happen. It requires planning and funding. So I think certain questions need to be asked.

How was this event marketed? As a celebration of Polish independence or a movement to take back Poland for the Polish?

Even if it's the former we need to look at organizers. The UTR rally in Charlottesville was advertised as a simple Right Wing rally. In truth though it was organized strictly by white supremacist groups. They even told their members to keep the Nazi iconography to a minimum and instead focus on the Confederate flag, hoping they could get some new people to join their cause. Was this a similar situation?

And finally funding. If this was legitimately a far Right nationalist march then the possibility of Russia being behind it wouldn't be surprising. They have funded similar nationalist movements across Europe.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Then you’re probably aware of how people conflated Brexit with racism and hatred and xenophobia.

Far left politics

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

poland has been a victim of pretty much every one except the chinese,they are the highway to europe

brilliantmaps.com...

brilliantmaps.com...

1635: Treaty of Stuhmsdorf, favourable to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. 1655: The Deluge Swedish and Russian invasions of Poland. 1657: Treaty of Wehlau and Bromberg the Hohenzollern dynasty of Brandenburg given hereditary sovereignty in the Duchy of Prussia. 1660: Treaty of Oliva, the end of Swedish involvement in the Deluge. 1667: End of Russo-Polish War and the end of the Deluge. 1672: Treaty of Buchach, ceded Podolia to the Ottomans. 1686: Eternal Peace Treaty of 1686, reconfirms peace with Russia. The peace itself would prove not to be eternal. 1699: Treaty of Karlowitz Podolia returned to Poland from Ottomans. 1772: First Partition of Poland 1793: Second Partition of Poland 1795: Third Partition of Poland – Poland disappears from the map. 1807: Duchy of Warsaw created. 1809: Battle of Raszyn, results in an expanded Duchy of Warsaw. 1815: Congress Poland created following Napoleonic Wars. While de jure an independent state, it was in personal union with the Russian Empire. Thus, it was de facto a Russian client state until 1867, when it was formally absorbed into the empire. 1815: Grand Duchy of Posen also created following the Napoleonic wars and was a Prussian client state. 1815: Free City of Kraków also created. 1831: Start of direct Russian military rule in the Congress of Poland, following November Uprising. 1846: Kraków Uprising failure results in Free City of Kraków being annexed to Austria. 1848: Grand Duchy of Posen downgraded to a Prussian province following the failure of the Greater Poland Uprising. Poland once again ceases to exist. 1867: Austria-Hungary created following Austria defeat in the Austro-Prussian war. 1871: German Empire proclaimed in the Hall of Mirrors at the Palace of Versailles. 1914: Outbreak of World War One. 1917: Russian Revolution begins. 1918: World War One ends and West Ukrainian People’s Republic declared. 1919: New Polish state created as part of the Treaty of Versailles. The new state includes most of Posen, Polish Corridor, part of eastern Upper Silesia. Poland also seizes territory from the West Ukrainian People’s Republic as part of the short Polish–Ukrainian War. 1920: Free City of Danzig created. 1920: Polish–Lithuanian War results in the creation of the short lived Republic of Central Lithuania. 1920: Conference of Ambassadors results in minor territorial exchanges with Czechoslovakia. 1920: Battle of Warsaw results in a deceive Polish victory against the Soviet Union, saving Poland. 1921: Peace of Riga ends the Soviet-Polish War, ending Poland’s conflicts with its neighbours. 1922: Republic of Central Lithuania becomes part of Poland. 1924: Further territorial changes between Czechoslovakia and Poland. 1938: Czech half of Cieszyn, was annexed by Poland in 1938 following the Munich Agreement and First Vienna Award. 1939: Poland ceases to exist once again after being partitioned between Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia at the outbreak of World War Two. 1945: Poland re-emerges on the map following the end of World War Two as the People’s Republic of Poland, a Soviet satellite state. As a result of extensive territorial changes, Poland moves several hundred kilometres to the west, losing its former eastern territories to the Soviet Union. 1945-1975: Minor territorial changes between Poland and its communist neighbours. 1989: People’s Republic of Poland comes to an end and Poland becomes a democracy. 2002: Minor border adjustments with Slovakia.

throw in the Saracens,the mongols and just about every type of people and religon have invaded Poland.

en.wikipedia.org... throw in the battle of vienna and it kind of makes sense why they would be a bit nationalist from time to time what with stopping the Muslim invasion of Europe in whats widely regarded as the greatest Calvary charge in history

The Battle of Vienna (German: Schlacht am Kahlen Berge or Kahlenberg; Polish: bitwa pod Wiedniem or odsiecz wiedeńska (The Relief of Vienna); Modern Turkish: İkinci Viyana Kuşatması, Ottoman Turkish: Beç Ḳalʿası Muḥāṣarası) took place at Kahlenberg Mountain near Vienna on 12 September 1683[1] after the imperial city had been besieged by the Ottoman Empire for two months. The battle was fought by the Habsburg Monarchy, the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth and the Holy Roman Empire, under the command of King John III Sobieski against the Ottomans and their vassal and tributary states. The battle marked the first time the Commonwealth and the Holy Roman Empire had cooperated militarily against the Ottomans, and it is often seen as a turning point in history, after which "the Ottoman Turks ceased to be a menace to the Christian world".[18] In the ensuing war that lasted until 1699, the Ottomans lost almost all of Hungary to the Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I.[18] The battle was won by the combined forces of the Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation and the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth, the latter represented only by the forces of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland (the march of the Lithuanian army was delayed, and they reached Vienna after it had been relieved).[19] The Viennese garrison was led by Ernst Rüdiger Graf von Starhemberg, an Austrian subject of Holy Roman Emperor Leopold I. The overall command was held by the senior leader, the King of Poland, John III Sobieski, who led the relief forces.
its also the basis for lord of the rings charge at helms deep against the urkihai

actual charge starts at about 323 .

www.badassoftheweek.com... badass of the weeks take on it with their usual flair for the dramatic,but points out exactly how good their Calvary was and how little losses they suffered in most of their charges

they crushed the German army of 12,000 at danzig suffering 88 casualties
crushed the Swiss with 1000 horses against a force 4 times their size
sent 1000 Calvary against 10,000 Swedish forces and won
at Klushino outnumbered 10-1 by their Russian and Swedish opponents with just 4,000 lancers vs 60,000 troops

noted for their famous 19foot long lances and going into battle with 2 swords a dagger and pistol, they were a force to be reckoned with and at the battle of Vienna proved their worth when 3,000 hussars alongside the holy roman empire (which was surrounded) charged 200,000 ottoman Turks and routed them ,ending with the beheading of the Turkish commander by his own forces when he almost lost the banner used by the prophet Muhammad. it also marked the farthest Muslim forces would ever enter into Europe,so next time you hear some one joking about the polish military capabilities remind them of this

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Here

OK fine. It was just a Muslim MP sicking the police dogs on a man for something he "felt" was racist.

Not sure what is funnier. That you think prosecutions are decided by MPs or that you think Mhairi is a Muslim name.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Then you’re probably aware of how people conflated Brexit with racism and hatred and xenophobia.

Far left politics

You linked to a definition of far left. Still doesn't answer who the far left you think is stopping people talking about certain issues actually are.

Would you like another attempt.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Far left politics

You linked to a definition of far left. Still doesn't answer who the far left you think is stopping people talking about certain issues actually are.

No. If you are unsure what far left means, perhaps it is you who needs another attempt.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Meanwhile:

Please don't tell me you actually believe that nonsense?

1) Immigrants don't get 'big houses' and 'free benefits' while British people have to wait at the back of the line.

2) 'We love burning your poppies'? Maybe this sad little twat does, but he hardly speaks for all Muslim people in the UK.

3) No churches have become Mosques.

4) White British women tend not to marry Islamic immigrants. Most Islamic people marry within their own faith.

5) Our food is not turning Halal.

6) There is precisely zero chance of UK law being replaced by Sharia law.

Utter, utter nonsense.

Sharia Law to be enshrined in British Legal System

What?

Now it makes me question everything else you've claimed, without evidence. Do you live in London?

Did you and the idiots who starred your post actually read that link to the Daily Heil? Or did you just go by the lurid headline?

Sharia law is NOT to be enshrined in UK law.

The Daily Heil article is specifically about GUIDELINES regarding Islamic peoples wills. Guidelines for good practice that were not in fact adopted.

link   

I can live with agree to disagree.

link   
Well the masks do carry a certain Antifa style vibe to them.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Far left politics

No. If you are unsure what far left means, perhaps it is you who needs another attempt.

You seen to be having difficulty with what seems a very simple question. You claimed the far left are doing something yet seem completely unable to say who the far left are.

If they are capable of stopping people discussing such issues then they must have some considerable power and influence. Should be fairly straightforward to day who they are.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I can live with agree to disagree.

I hoped so.

Never thought of as an extremist!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Been called many things...but not that. Though I've been called a monger of wars...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Far left politics

You seen to be having difficulty with what seems a very simple question. You claimed the far left are doing something yet seem completely unable to say who the far left are.

If they are capable of stopping people discussing such issues then they must have some considerable power and influence. Should be fairly straightforward to day who they are.

I’d be here for an hour listing examples for you. Should be pretty straight forward for you to take it on yourself to do a little looking around, or covering your eyes and ears, whatever you deem easier.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join