It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60,000 join "far-right" march on Poland's Independence Day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

The American 4th of July is also celebrated by everyone.

Sans race.

Just wait. That will be declared a racist holiday soon.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What issues have the far left made it difficult to speak about in Europe? And who exactly are the far left?

Mass immigration, Islam, western values. Moderate voices have been marginalized, and this is the result.

Not mainstream papers in the UK are anti immigration. The UK just voted to leave the EU. An anti immigration party came second in the French presidential election and the OP is about a 60k strong march with a strong anti immigration message.

Thats a very poor effort at stopping people speaking.

You never answered who the far left is.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Of course it's their business. However, I can freely kibitz.

"White Europe of brotherly nations." Really? That's a thought process that should worry Europe. Similar thoughts were in play during the 30's and 40's, too. Have we forgotten how that played out?

It's their business. But we're allowed to be somewhat concerned.

link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

And who exactly are the far left?

In Europe...Angela Merkel

In Canada...Justin Trudeau

That would be Angela Merkel leader of the right wing CDU...
edit on 13-11-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

traditional Europeans not just demonstrating their Independence to preserve their Christian values and culture.

So you admit that you perceive this as some part of a larger culture war.

On a neutral perspective this is a celebration of Independence, yes. But I also tied in some religion and culture to it because let's face it, there were also demonstrations showing this too.

Was I there? No. Do I speak on behalf of the Polish people? No. Did I extract info from the news article (and others) to represent facts? Yes.

So don't put this BS on me that I am stating my opinion man. That is weak and pretty pathetic of you. You want a mud pit bath...go to the mudpit...but don't say I admit to something when all I did was summarize the event for you.

Grow the F* up.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Angela Merkel isn't far left. She's at best, center-right. Why do you think she's far left? Infowars?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You would think so wouldn't you. But she is far right for Islam. She switched "sides". I was under the impression at her election she would have been more far left.

I don't think I understand political science on here as much as others do.

edit on 13-11-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

... all I did was summarize the event for you.

Actually you made some bold assertions that the media is lying, it wasn’t really a far right demonstration and that certain journalists will spin this into a narrative...

Which is the height of ironic hubris because that’s exactly what you just did...

Carry on.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

You didn't read the article you linked did you.

You just went with the daily heils misleading headline.

I did read it.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You would think so wouldn't you. But she is far right for Islam. She switched "sides"

You were claiming she was far left a few posts ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Wardaddy454

You didn't read the article you linked did you.

You just went with the daily heils misleading headline.

I did read it.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

But was the Berlin Wall torn down in a day?

link   
a reply to: seagull

White Europe of brotherly nations." Really? That's a thought process that should worry Europe. Similar thoughts were in play during the 30's and 40's, too. Have we forgotten how that played out?

Yeah a bunch of white people were rounded up and exterminated called the Jews. One could make the argument Hilter picked up what Islamists began long ago, and they were on his side during the era.

Russia has grand delusions.

Terrorists have grand delusions.

Running around thinking your neighbors are your friends isn't the real world.

edit on 13-11-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

What issues have the far left made it difficult to speak about in Europe? And who exactly are the far left?

Mass immigration, Islam, western values. Moderate voices have been marginalized, and this is the result.

Not mainstream papers in the UK are anti immigration. The UK just voted to leave the EU. An anti immigration party came second in the French presidential election and the OP is about a 60k strong march with a strong anti immigration message.

I will not grace such a stupid question with an answer.

The point is, the more the left smears those who talk about issues such as immigration, the less they will address them, leading people to find no other choice but to kick the bucket further down the spectrum, where people will.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You would think so wouldn't you. But she is far right for Islam. She switched "sides"

She is two-faced?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

traditional Europeans not just demonstrating their Independence to preserve their Christian values and culture.

So you admit that you perceive this as some part of a larger culture war.

Poland is less than .1% Muslim though studies have shown that many Polish people (like other Europeans) put that number orders of magnitude greater than reality.

POLAND’S MUSLIM MISCONCEPTION

In 2016, Ipsos, a global research initiative, conducted a survey which saw Polish people believe that 7% of their population is Muslim. The actual number is extraordinarily low with just around 35,000 of the 38 million people in Poland identifying as Muslim, or, 0.1% compared to the projected 7%. Based on the research, Poland was one of the most misinformed European countries in regards to Muslim populations.

According to the survey, on average, Polish people believe the actual number of Muslims in Poland is 70x what it really is. That's astounding.

They've taken no refugees as far as I know and the current administration has said it won't honor the previous administration's commitment to take in up to 10,000 refugees. For a country of 38 million, 10,000 people is .02632%.

So what *you're* positing, based on your own far-right programming, is that 99.9% of the population is in danger of losing its culture to the .1% that are of a different religion than the majority?

That is of course absurd on its face.

Granted there were anti-Muslim chants throughout, this was meant to be a celebration of Independence of Russia!

No, it was the product of effective manipulation by far-right demagogues seizing power through promoting irrational fear.

Remember when Poland fought back against German attempts to force them to take in refugees, by floating a request for 1 trillion in reparations for World War II ?

You're far-left programming is missing the potential for German propaganda campaign.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The point is, the more the left smears those who talk about issues such as immigration, the less they will address them, leading people to find no other choice but to kick the bucket further down the spectrum, where people will.

You claimed the far left were stopping people talking about certain issues, yet I have shown that they are talked about and you can't tell name any of the far left doing what you claim.

Is it a stupid question or do you just not know what you are talking about?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

She is two-faced?

Quite possibly but she is also not far left or far right.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

She is two-faced?

Quite possibly but she is also not far left or far right.

But some of her subtle actions can swing far like a nut case.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You claimed the far left were stopping people talking about certain issues, yet I have shown that they are talked about and you can't tell name any of the far left doing what you claim.

Here

Again, Rome wasn't built in a day.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Here

Again, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Can't hold this back any longer hahahah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join