It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60,000 join "far-right" march on Poland's Independence Day

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Painterz

Meanwhile:

Please don't tell me you actually believe that nonsense?

1) Immigrants don't get 'big houses' and 'free benefits' while British people have to wait at the back of the line.

2) 'We love burning your poppies'? Maybe this sad little twat does, but he hardly speaks for all Muslim people in the UK.

3) No churches have become Mosques.

4) White British women tend not to marry Islamic immigrants. Most Islamic people marry within their own faith.

5) Our food is not turning Halal.

6) There is precisely zero chance of UK law being replaced by Sharia law.

Utter, utter nonsense.

Sharia Law to be enshrined in British Legal System

What?

Now it makes me question everything else you've claimed, without evidence. Do you live in London?

I live in Bradford, and even I know it's not true.
Also Daily Mail supported the Nazi's rather than the Jews that were being kiled off so.. I take everything they say with a massive grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And who exactly are the far left?

In Europe...Angela Merkel

In Canada...Justin Trudeau

Merkel far left? What are you smoking?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Japan has anti-immigrant regulations, no one says anything.

Japanese just understand the risk and want to preserve their culture. Polish should be aloowed to as well.

Nothing wrong here.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

You do know there is a difference between Muslim and fundamentalist.

Can't be. It is blasphemy to not strictly adhere to the Quran.

So by that spectacular logic Muslims must make up about 0.0001% of the population so worrying about them taking over doesn't make much sense.

Over 300 million guns in the country, and less than 7% are used in crimes, and even less than that used in mass shootings. But some want to ban them all.

Guns are things. Muslims are people. Not really the same.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So how much percentage of a human body is the ebola virus?
That's how many Polish people view Islam as they've witnessed it's effects on it's neighbors.
They have a long history of bearing the brunt of Islamic invasions.
Has Islam changed that much it's not a threat to their culture and way of life?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DrMescalito

Addressed on page 3. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

"Christian Values"? I think they are endorsing "White Supremacy". The two are not synonymous.

In fact, I would argue that "White Supremacy" is in direct contradiction to "Christian Values".

I do agree that the increasing Right Authoritarianism in Europe is very important new - but for different reasons. I think it should cause all people of good will to be very afraid.
edit on 13-11-2017 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Meanwhile:

1) Immigrants don't get 'big houses' and 'free benefits' while British people have to wait at the back of the line.

2) 'We love burning your poppies'? Maybe this sad little twat does, but he hardly speaks for all Muslim people in the UK.

4) White British women tend not to marry Islamic immigrants. Most Islamic people marry within their own faith.

Utter, utter nonsense.

Famous last words.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: neo96

Of course it's their business. However, I can freely kibitz.

"White Europe of brotherly nations." Really? That's a thought process that should worry Europe. Similar thoughts were in play during the 30's and 40's, too. Have we forgotten how that played out?

It's their business. But we're allowed to be somewhat concerned.

So what?

No one trusts or likes white people anyway.

Let them get their own country.

Speaking of signs.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Poland saved Europe from Islam once before ... at an important battlefield turning point, when the winged Hussars arrived, and helped to relieve the Turkish siege of Vienna in 1683 ... and if THAT battle had gone differently, Europe could have been quite different today.

warfarehistorynetwork.com...

a fun modern metal song about the subject:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

What I am saying is: Europe right now seems threatened by Islam again.

It is only natural for the same kinds of behavior that kept Europe independent from Islam before, would be tried again, considering history is repeating itself between Islam and Europe.

Why is anyone surprised?

edit on 13-11-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: typo

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Funny how hateful bigots are apart of the Right wing so openly and proud. Conservatives are okay with these kind of people among their ranks?

Could ask you the same thing.

I guess maybe we just have bad people on both sides. Way to ignore that in you partisanship Swills.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrMescalito

Meanwhile:

Utter, utter nonsense.

Sharia Law to be enshrined in British Legal System

What?

Now it makes me question everything else you've claimed, without evidence. Do you live in London?

I live in Bradford, and even I know it's not true.
Also Daily Mail supported the Nazi's rather than the Jews that were being kiled off so.. I take everything they say with a massive grain of salt.

That's fine, I don't know as much about which are the trustworthy British media sites. Though, I imagine the argument is the same.

What about the same story being reported by The Sun, Telegraph, and the BBC?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Tommy Roboinson left the EDL because they were too extreme.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

What issues have the far left made it difficult to speak about in Europe? And who exactly are the far left?

Mass immigration, Islam, western values. Moderate voices have been marginalized, and this is the result.

Not mainstream papers in the UK are anti immigration. The UK just voted to leave the EU. An anti immigration party came second in the French presidential election and the OP is about a 60k strong march with a strong anti immigration message.

Thats a very poor effort at stopping people speaking.

You never answered who the far left is.

I will not grace such a stupid question with an answer.

The point is, the more the left smears those who talk about issues such as immigration, the less they will address them, leading people to find no other choice but to kick the bucket further down the spectrum, where people will.

You claimed the far left were stopping people talking about certain issues, yet I have shown that they are talked about and you can't tell name any of the far left doing what you claim.

Is it a stupid question or do you just not know what you are talking about?

Then you’re probably aware of how people conflated Brexit with racism and hatred and xenophobia.

Far left politics

That would be because many of the people who voted for Brexit were shouting slogans like 'ENGLAND FOR THE ENGLISH!' and 'IMMIGRANTS GO HOME!'

That would be because Nigel Farage and UKIP ran a campaign that relied on racist tropes and slogans. Hell, they even used a piece of Nazi propaganda to promote their message that immigrants were evil and must be eliminated from these fair white English shores.

Were all Brexit voters voting that way because they were racist? Of course not, no. But a lot of them were.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Taggart

Tommy Roboinson left the EDL because they were too extreme.

That's what he says, I say he left because he was bigger then the party, which he was, now he sells books and hangs out at Ascot.
It's clear someone is backing him.
edit on 14/11/2017 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I think when a march is organised by far-right fascist groups, attended by far-right fascist groups, celebrated by far-right fascist groups, when there are signs reading 'Pray for Islamic Holocaust' on display, I think we can be pretty definite in concluding this was a far-right fascist event.

You don't get to say this is the same as Patriotism. If 'Nationalism' and 'Patriotism' were the same things, we wouldn't have two different words for them.

You can be proud of your country without calling for mass-murder and ethnic cleansing. Can't you?

Where are you going to go when people like me come looking for people like you? Do you think your islamic bedfellows will protect you?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Br34kingp01nt

Who are people like you?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Br34kingp01nt

Who are people like you?

I think i know the answer, but I also think saying it might breach a t&c or 2.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That would be because many of the people who voted for Brexit were shouting slogans like 'ENGLAND FOR THE ENGLISH!' and 'IMMIGRANTS GO HOME!'

Were all Brexit voters voting that way because they were racist? Of course not, no. But a lot of them were.

A World Without Prejudice—When?

“I HAVE a dream.” Fifty years ago, on August 28, 1963, American civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr., uttered those words in his most famous speech. Using that captivating refrain, King expressed his dream, or hope, that one day people would enjoy life free from racial prejudice. Though his aspirations were addressed to an audience in the United States, the essence of his dream has been embraced by people in many nations.

Three months after King’s speech, on November 20, 1963, over 100 countries adopted the United Nations Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination. Other global initiatives were adopted in the decades that followed. All such worthy efforts inevitably raise the question, What has been the result?

On March 21, 2012, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon stated: “There are many valuable treaties and tools—as well as a comprehensive global framework—to prevent and eradicate racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance. Nevertheless, racism continues to cause suffering for millions of people around the world.”

Even in lands where some progress has been made in combating racial and other forms of prejudice, the question remains: Have the improvements really rooted out the deep-seated feelings of people or have they merely curbed the outward manifestation of those feelings? Some believe that at best such improvements only help prevent discrimination but may be powerless at eliminating prejudice. Why so? Because discrimination is an act that can be seen and punished by law, whereas prejudice is related to people’s inner thoughts and emotions, which cannot be easily regulated.

Therefore, any attempt to eliminate prejudice must not merely curb discriminatory acts but also change a person’s thoughts and feelings toward people of another group. Can this really be done? If so, how? Let us look into a number of real-life cases that will help us see not only that it is possible for people to make the change but also that there is something that can help them to do so.

THE BIBLE HELPED THEM OVERCOME PREJUDICE

Prejudice and Discrimination—Getting to the Roots: Awake!—2009

“All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.”—Article 1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

DESPITE that lofty ideal, prejudice and discrimination continue to plague mankind. This sad fact reflects not only our times but also the imperfection of humans. (Psalm 51:5) Nevertheless, the situation is far from hopeless. Granted, we may be unable to eliminate the discrimination we see around us, but we can work to root out prejudices that may lodge within ourselves.

A good start is to acknowledge that none of us are above developing prejudices. The book Understanding Prejudice and Discrimination says: “Perhaps the most important conclusions to emerge from prejudice research are these: (1) no one capable of human thought and speech is immune from harboring prejudice, (2) it often takes deliberate effort and awareness to reduce prejudice, and (3) with sufficient motivation, it can be done.”

Education has been described as “the most powerful tool” in the fight against prejudice. The right education can, for example, expose the root causes of prejudice, enable us to examine our own attitudes more objectively, and help us deal wisely with prejudice when we are victims.

Getting to the Roots

Prejudice causes people to distort, misinterpret, or even ignore facts that conflict with their predetermined opinions. Prejudice may have its beginnings in seemingly innocent, but misguided, family values, or it may be sown by those who deliberately promote warped views of other races or cultures. Prejudice can also be fostered by nationalism and false religious teachings. And it can be a product of inordinate pride. As you reflect on the following points and on pertinent principles taken from the Bible, why not examine your own attitudes and see if changes are in order?

Associates. ...

What does the Bible say? “Start a boy [or girl] on the right road, and even in old age he will not leave it.” (Proverbs 22:6, The New English Bible) “He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly.” (Proverbs 13:20) ...

Nationalism. One dictionary defines nationalism as “a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations.” Ivo Duchacek, a professor of political science, observed in his book Conflict and Cooperation Among Nations: “Nationalism divides humanity into mutually intolerant units. As a result people think as Americans, Russians, Chinese, Egyptians, or Peruvians first, and as human beings second—if at all.” A former UN secretary-general wrote: “So many of the problems that we face today are due to, or the result of, false attitudes—some of them have been adopted almost unconsciously. Among these is the concept of narrow nationalism—‘my country, right or wrong.’”

What does the Bible say? ...

Racism. Racists believe “that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others,” says one dictionary. Yet, as is noted in The World Book Encyclopedia, researchers “have not discovered any scientific basis for such claims of [racial] superiority.” The gross injustices that racism fosters, such as people’s systematic denial of rights to fellow humans, are painful evidence that racism rests on falsehoods and fallacies.

What does the Bible say? “The truth will set you free.” (John 8:32) “[God] made out of one man every nation of men.” (Acts 17:26) “Not the way man sees is the way God sees, because mere man sees what appears to the eyes; but as for Jehovah, he sees what the heart is.” (1 Samuel 16:7) ...

Religion. The book The Nature of Prejudice says: “Abominations inevitably result when men use their religion to justify [selfish pursuits] and ethnic self-interest. It is then that religion and prejudice merge.” What is especially striking, the same book observes, is how readily many religious people “seem to slip from piety into prejudice.”
Pride. ...Yes, for good reason the Bible cautions: “More than all else that is to be guarded, safeguard your heart, for out of it are the sources of life.” (Proverbs 4:23) So view your heart as truly precious, and let nothing corrupt it! Instead, fill it with godly wisdom. Then, and only then, will ‘thinking ability and discernment safeguard you, to deliver you from the bad way, from the person speaking perverse things.’—Proverbs 2:10

Song 141 Searching for Friends of Peace (with lyrics)
edit on 14-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join