It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podesta Group on the verge of shuttering amid ties to Mueller probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

One of Washington's most prominent lobbying firms is on the verge of shuttering after becoming ensnared by special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

Kimberley Fritts, the chief executive of the Podesta Group, told employees during a Thursday staff meeting that the firm would cease to exist at the end of the year, according to two sources. Employees were asked to clear out their desks and were told they may not be paid beyond November 15, multiple sources said.

Talk of potentially closing the Podesta Group marks a dramatic downfall of one of K Street's most iconic and well-connected firms. In its heyday, Podesta Group was the largest non-law firm lobbying organization in Washington. Tony Podesta, the firm's founder and chairman, helped fuel the company with work for foreign governments. He and his brother, John, founded the company almost three decades ago. (John Podesta chaired Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign. He left the firm in 1993.)

source: CNN

Looks like the Podesta group is indeed a target of the investigation. I would be keeping an eye out for indictments, since Podesta related charges would be very similar to charges against Manafort/Gates.

The Podesta Group is the largest non-law firm lobbying group according to the article. Their downfall represents a major blow to foreign and special interest influences in public government.

One phrase conspiculously missing from the article is any reference to "Russia" or "President Trump." Amazing how much this narrative has shifted.

edit on 11/12/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Nov 12 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So now inquiring minds what to know where Fritts landed after tendering her abrupt resignation. It may indicate where the rats are going.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
dems should have just shut up for 4 years and put up a good candidate

too bad so sad

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving Tony and John.

If you like this you should really like what we"re working on for your Christmas presents.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

He left the firm in 1993.)
???...+++ I wonder if that is a typo or a plant (1993)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

Agreed Jiggly. This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the investigation which is weeding out public corruption and foreign influence on our government.

I think this is an important first step, although I have no doubt more will fall from both sides before it is all said and done. Hopefully this is the start of some major dominos falling.

To Mueller and wherever the investigation/evidence leads

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Heh, that is a really good question. I hadn't really read into that myself, but are we sure he resigned in 1993?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

One of Washington's most prominent lobbying firms is on the verge of shuttering after becoming ensnared by special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

Kimberley Fritts, the chief executive of the Podesta Group, told employees during a Thursday staff meeting that the firm would cease to exist at the end of the year, according to two sources. Employees were asked to clear out their desks and were told they may not be paid beyond November 15, multiple sources said.

Fritts told the employees the Podesta Group may try to provide health care through the end of the year, according to two people in the meeting.

The developments come after the Podesta Group was tied last week to Mueller's indictments of Paul Manafort and Rick Gates, who pleaded not guilty after being charged with failing to file as foreign agents relating to a decade of work they did for the Party of Regions, a pro-Russia political party in the Ukraine.

Mueller's special investigation team has also interviewed multiple people from the Podesta Group, which was recruited by Manafort and Gates to work along with another firm.

Talk of potentially closing the Podesta Group marks a dramatic downfall of one of K Street's most iconic and well-connected firms. In its heyday, Podesta Group was the largest non-law firm lobbying organization in Washington. Tony Podesta, the firm's founder and chairman, helped fuel the company with work for foreign governments. He and his brother, John, founded the company almost three decades ago. (John Podesta chaired Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign. He left the firm in 1993.)

source: CNN

Looks like the Podesta group is indeed a target of the investigation. I would be keeping an eye out for indictments, since Podesta related charges would be very similar to charges against Manafort/Gates.

The Podesta Group is the largest non-law firm lobbying group according to the article. Their downfall represents a major blow to foreign and special interest influences in public government.

One phrase conspiculously missing from the article is any reference to "Russia" or "President Trump." Amazing how much this narrative has shifted.

One door closes and another opens, Podesta has done that before.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Heh, that is a really good question. I hadn't really read into that myself, but are we sure he resigned in 1993?

Before I started hearing about the Podesta Group connwctions to Manafort, I remember reading about John Podesta leaving the Podesta Group last year when he took the job of running Hillary's campaign... so I looked it up again, and everything I see says that he left iin 1993. Faulty memory?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's up to the public to follow the people and expose the new names.

Podesta Group is a major Swamp funnel.

They can't hide from the Sun.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Happy Thanksgiving Tony and John.

If you like this you should really like what we"re working on for your Christmas presents.

hahaha...., think about that turkey "Spirit Cooking Style".

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

butcher, here is an interesting article from Time: time.com...

It doesn't really say when he left the Podesta Group, but it mentions how he headed up an internal investigation RE: Clinton in 1993. Doesn't say anything about his resignation though.

It does mention another firm, Center for American Progress, a think tank he formed with blessing from both Clintons (per the article).

His connection to the campaign and his brother, Tony, is unquestionable. The real question will be whether any evidence exists linking him to illegal activities (I'd say yes, mainly because of how long he's been in DC).
edit on 11/12/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'd like to see the day when the investigation leads to CNN and force them to clean house (since it looks like AT&T won't do it). I don't have anything to suggest that will happen, just wishful thinking.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

If I were an investigator in this issue, I would start asking for bank info from the company and how it could match with John's income. If it is convenient for one to lobby and one to get deep into the democratic administrations, then is it not wise to wonder if some of that nasty word "collusion" may be involved between brothers?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I feel like this news has been rehashed a million times over the past few days along with input from "Q" that both Podesta brothers have been taken into custody. But where's the confirmation?!

It's like this has been one looooong inhale the past 2 weeks until we're blue in the face. EVERYONE and their mother knows the Podesta bros. are behind a myriad of criminal activity to the point where even CNN is covering their downfall!

I suppose it's a matter of "pics or it didn't happen."

edit on 12-11-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
dems should have just shut up for 4 years and put up a good candidate

too bad so sad

You do not make waves if your boat is rotten. You can't blame this on the Democrats though, just a small group of the Democrats. This included their last presidential candidate and maybe there could possibly even a little tie to the Obama administration. I do not feel they are going to find direct legal ties to Obama though, it is just that he let it continue.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The Podesta group makes their money by legally bribing the congressmen and collecting huge amounts of money from special interest groups to get whatever they want approved by our government. The only legal thing they can charge these guys with is not reporting income from foreign countries. So how is it they don't declare the foreign income and we believe that they reported all the income from US buyers of their services.

I think there should be a full audit done of this company by the FBI including money coming into their foreign bank accounts. But think of this, this company probably has a lot of dirt on the congressmen and high politicians taking side bribes, does anyone think that our government will did too deep?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Agreed, AS. I just found this particularly interesting because of the source: CNN

Just last week there were still people on here acting like the Podesta aspect of the investigation was some conspiracy theory.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I hope to god they do dig as deep as they can. This is a perfect opportunity for Trump to demonstrate his resolve to attack corruption

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

first question that comes to mind for me is...
what money. seriously, either they know that their accounts are gonna be frozen real soon by the gov't or there's serious money problems and it's bankruptcy time!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join