It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Softball with AugustusMasonicus: Season II

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

As we all remember, 2016 was not one of the best year’s for ATS. We lost both Woody and BlupBlup over that summer, two members that always made each thread they participated in better. Then, our beloved Benevolent Heretic had a serious medical condition and has not been able to join us here regularly for all the rational political discussions we’ve been having. Eff you 2016.

Today I will be interviewing one of them. I wish I could tell you that I had an Ouija board to séance in Nick or Blup, but I don’t. However, the good news is BH agreed to speak with us today with the questions being sent via OpenMindedSkeptic who has read and then transcribe her answers back to me. So please help me kick off 2018 properly and welcome Benevolent Heretic in for an interview.

AM: Trump got elected right around the same time you had your stroke, coincidence?

BH: LOL! I laughed out loud when I read that! I would have to say that it was a coincidence. I don't really get "upset" about politics. I'm VERY interested, but I don't get uptight about it. It's more that I'm fascinated about it. Also, I'm more interested in the law than politics.

AM: Have you been keeping up with politics and if so, has it hampered your recovery?

BH: I'm not keeping up like I used to. Trying to keep up with politics as I did before, would interfere with my recovery ... and my sanity. I've got other interests now. I still use my computer, but I use it to play "brain games".

AM: Tell us about your progress, have you been making improvement? I've posted here about my progress.

BH: Here's one post. I'm still continuing to improve, and will probably continue for the rest of my life. My talking and reading are doing very well! It's of a slow process. I work on it every day.

AM: Since your stroke happened have you ever pretended you couldn’t understand someone just so you wouldn’t have to talk to them?

BH: No. Firstly, that would be BS and I'm not into that. Secondly, you know I LOVE talking and listening. Thirdly, I don't have any problem understanding what people say. My problem is making sure that I say the right thing so people understand me. It's sometimes very hard for me to "find" the words I want. It's like they're gone. In the grocery store, for example, when I approach the meat counter, I have to wait and get my words figured out in my brain before I order, or it could be confusing... Trying to say what meat I want, how many pounds, and how to cut it, for example. And still, sometimes I mess it up. Numbers and details are the bane of my existence. If you know me, you would understand how embarrassing it is for me to get all the details messed up!

AM: Your most and least favorite political topics of late?

BH: Even though I am interested in learning about Russia's interference in the 2016 election, I wouldn't call it a most or least "favorite" topic. As far as my least favorite topic, I'd say just everything else. I don't have one right now. My most favorite topic would be social issues... the 14th amendment and equality under the law. Although I don't talk much about politics these days.

AM: Which politicians do you think are headed to the slammer?

BH: Who knows? Probably nobody. There are many who I think SHOULD be 'slammed', but it won't happen. After all, look what happened with 9/11 and the war that's still happening. NOTHING. So I don't have much hope that someone will be punished for what's happening now.

AM: Besides the political forums which ones do you miss most and why?

BH: Just Chitchat stuff. I'm just not interested in much of the ATS stuff these days.

AM: You’re possibly ATS’s most famous dog owner, what have you got against cats?

BH: I LOVE cats. I had 3 cats for many years (20 years). But once I had some property and felt like I had a good place for dogs to live, I discovered that my cats were just a substitute for having dogs. That's where my heart is.

AM: Are there any new pooches in the future?

BH: Probably. Jaia is 11 years old and he's not into getting a new dog. He likes being the only one. When he goes, I can't imagine being without a dog. (Interviewer's note: BH confirmed she will in fact allow me to name her next dog DooDooRonomy.)

AM: Have you picked up any additional hobbies or new activities during your recovery?

BH: Besides reading, I've started painting rocks. I made our large "address" rock for the end of our lane. It looks pretty cool. I walk and hike every morning. I meet with deer almost every day. Once there were ten or so walking along with Jaia and I. So cool! I'm also doing some wood projects. I'm going to start attending an aphasia group this month. I'm looking forward to that.

edit on 31-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

+1 more 
link   

AM: What first brought you to ATS?

BH: Politics. I wanted to discuss politics with people with different ideas. I didn't want to hate each other or be nasty about it... I just wanted to have intelligent, thoughtful discussions... And for many years, it worked great for me. These days, it's mostly just troll bait here. But it used to be pretty cool.

AM: Conspiracy you believe in most?

BH: I believe a few. Not most of them. I'd say most of them are crazy. Some people think anything they can imagine is a conspiracy. I'm not that paranoid.

AM: Once you’re back to being yourself what’s your dream vacation destination and why?

BH: I'd love to go to Alaskan cruise. I think it's so beautiful. I'd also live to travel to the coast of Maine and stay along the east coast.

AM: Softball time...TV shows you’ve been binge watching?

BH: Survivor, The Voice... and I'm embarrassed to say about the other shows. LOL.

AM: Favorite film?

BH: Avatar, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Breakfast Club, My Cousin Vinny, Galaxy Quest, Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, Contact, The Birdcage...

AM: What type of music have you been listening to?

BH: Unfortunately, I don't really appreciated listening to music. My language disability (Aphasia) makes it very difficult for me to sing along, which is my favorite part of listening to music. Every once in a while I'll listen to Christina Aguilera, Alanis Morissette, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Wonder and CSNY... Music I have known forever and loved.

AM: Favorite meal that you have OMS cook for you? BBQ'd bacon and green chili buffalo burgers with oven fries. This week! (Holy crap that sounds good)

AM: Person(s) on ATS you miss the most and why?

BH: You, of course. And myself.
    There are SO many members I miss! kaylaluv, Kali, Night Star, Buzzy Wigs, Hazardous, Hefficide, Krazyshot, zazz, bigfatfurrytexan, RealTruth, othersideofthecoin, networkdude, theantedeluvian, Byrd, spacedout, intrepid, Redneck, DBCowboy, kosmicJack, Indigo, burdman, Phage, Annee, OMS... so many I can't name them! Unfortunately, I see more "trolls" these days than anything - intelligent discussion is a rare commodity of late.

AM: When the hell are you coming back to help bring some sanity to this nut house?

BH: Probably not at all. What I loved about ATS doesn't exist any more. If I get better at reading and writing, and if the world becomes less "insane" (nut house)... Maybe. But for now, I'll check out the chit-chat stuff now and then, but that's probably it.

Benevolent Heretic lives in the Southwest US as a desert rat. She's kind of a 60-year-old hippie (mostly a liberal) who loves her family and dogs. She has her own thoughts and beliefs, but is open to other people's differences. She's too serious, though. She used to work in computers, but 'retired' many years ago. Benevolent Heretic and OpenMindedSkeptic are both enjoying their well earned retirement.

That wraps up our interview and 2017. Hopefully 2018 is a prosperous year for all of you and that next year sees old friends return and new ones made. There is also a lesson to be learned above which is don’t let the politics get to your head because it could interfere with your sanity. But most of you nutjobs already knew that, didn’t you?

BH, you are sorely missed by all, get better, come back and then spank us all. Hard. And some of us twice. Your parting gifts today are a whole bunch of get well soon and some guilty dog videos because what’s better than a dog making the McCheesy face, right?

Happy New Year everyone. Until next time.

link   
I can't count.

edit on 31-12-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Another great addition!

Nice to better get to know members you hear so much about but don't really see around.

BH, I wish you all the best in your continued recovery. This part would kill me the most.

Unfortunately, I don't really appreciated listening to music

Music cures the soul.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nice to have an update and interview all in one.
So glad to hear of the improvements like hiking and painting and all of that. What a difference a year can make!
Thank you Benevolent Heretic and Open Minded Skeptic for sharing some of your lives with us.
To continued improvements and love.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Another great one.
So good to hear from BH again.
Have a great 2018...and many blessings in the New Year.

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Really great to hear that BH is recovering and doing well!

A great interview!

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
We never interacted but I remember BH posting. It's really nice to hear positive news (as AM said, we've sadly lost many members over the years) and I wish you very much well and a very Happy New Year BH. And all other members of course.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So nice of you to put up this thread! I really enjoy getting to know the people here.

By the way, I did go to my aphasia group and I LOVED it! I may be doing some more speech therapy in the future. Who knows... there's always stuff to learn.

Have a great New Year to all!
edit on 12/31/2017 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm glad you enjoyed it my friend. Have a wonderful New Year and try not to be a stranger to all us strange people.

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oh what a wonderful surprise and treat! BH, it was so awesome hearing more about you through this interview! I miss you Hun! Wishing you much love and light and continued improvement into the new year! HUGS!

Thank you Mason for this great interview!

posted on Jan, 1 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Thank you Mason for this great interview!

Glad you liked it and it was fun to get BH into the cool kids club with the rest of you.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
That was great. Perfect interviewee choice.

It’s sooooo good to hear you’re improving BH.
May it continue.

Best wishes for 2018, and every year that follows until Artificial Intelligence eventually wipes us all out.

XxX

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Best wishes for 2018, and every year that follows until Artificial Intelligence eventually wipes us all out.

XxX

Would you settle for a sophomoric chatbot based in Langley?

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Thank you.

Silly, it's time for Augustus to put you on the hot seat.

...He should probably interview you too.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

XxX

Would you settle for a sophomoric chatbot based in Langley?

I’ve dealt with them on Tracebook in this past...

They ask you a series of stupid questions (there is a thread like that here somewhere), without answering your own to them, and then send you a link to a shady website full of sleazy photos of half naked women, who almost always look Eastern European...

So I’d think at that rate it’d take a hell of a long time for them to destroy us.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm sure that would be a big hit...

Not.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Hey...it's not easy rocking a rainbow afro. Way too political for most to pull off.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Is this a boy's club!

Looks down. Ut oh. I didn't see the symbol on the door..

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join