It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Million Dollar Boss Mustang Prototype Barn Find

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I came across this vid on the Tube that is something I thought worth sharing . The Boss Mustang is one of those cars of the past that even the Chevy and Mopar guys can appreciate . "When Ford canceled their Trans Am racing program in 1970, they also canceled the 1971 Boss 302 Mustang, but one car, a prototype, was sold to the public. " This is the story

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I used to have a sixty nine special edition mustang. It came stock with an aluminum big block four hundred something cubic inch engine. The guy I bought it from had blown the engine, the replacement engine costed more than he paid for the car new. That was in about seventy four. So I got the car from him for fifty bucks and dropped a 302 cleveland in it from my wrecked seventy one comet.
with the six fifty double pumper and headers, it really went fast, but it redlined at a hundred, it had the original rearend in it and the engine and tranny from the comet in it.

Fun car, almost identical style but mine had a hood scoop on it and cheaper insurance because it did not say boss on the side. There were not many of the special edition mustangs made, just like the bosses.

You could spin nuts all day long with the one I had.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Damn, though...those 71-73 'Stangs were just fugly. Why they threw them onto the Torino frame is beyond me...then knee-jerk react that start making the Mustang II in '74.

I feel sorry for the mid-70s when it comes to muscle cars.

Thank you for the video, though. My first car was a '66 Mustang C-code coupe, painted up to look like a Shelby. I drove it in high school, took it to Germany with me when I served, and then had it through college plus almost another decade. Disappointingly, I had to sell it four years ago, at the age of 34. I used to know nearly everything about '65 ("'64-1/2") to '73 Stangs, but my knowledge has faded over the years.

If I ever get another Mustang, it would be a resto-modded 1970 (they had better window-regulator systems, amongst other little improvements, than the '69s).

Thanks for the video...watching it as I type this. I didn't know about this '71 prototype, at least that I care to remember.

Best regards.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I had the Grabber model 302 with a 3 speed stick . Worked great but turned into a complete rust bucket ..1971

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Yea those stangs I like to call the Charlie Angels models were anything but muscle but they did have a nice looking King Cobra model . My dad had a scrap yard when I was growing up so I seen and had a lot of cool cars . That 71 in the vid originally had the hood package but got changed for resale . Hes got all the parts to go back to original and even makes mention of the hood springs that are still on the car . I should be a wicked project when its finished ...I could see 1 million $$ ..

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

A million bucks for a 'stang? jeez they are ugly as sin.

Now A Lamboughini Muira-IMO the sexiest car ever made-it's gearbox alone would be worth more than the 'stang. Then you have the Ferrari GTO 250, which is worth as much as the playboy mansion and with enough change left over to have your favorite actress dress up as a bunny.

A single GTO 250 in 2013 was sold for...wait for it...fifty two million dollars. now I regret swapping mine for a case of beer.

posted on Nov, 3 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

It would be hard to find a more unusual car then this stang seeing they didn't exist . You could actually write a book about it and put it in the myth mystery and fiction section . Enzo's being what they are is not as rare as that pony . I didnt like the looks of those years of stangs . Much prefer the 69 or 70's .

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Just came across another Boss but this one and only one is a Bronco ...

posted on Dec, 27 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
My father owned a bunch of 64.5-66 mustangs over the years when I was growing up. Most interesting of the bunch to me was a 66 T 5 GT convertible with factory air and center console. And then there was the fact that basically nothing said mustang on the car.

For those not familiar with the T 5:

www.hagerty.com...

top topics

join