It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Mouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I found out about Rick and Morty here on ATS so I thought that I could return the favor and mention this adult cartoon that I find to be as entertaining, but completely different. That would be, "Big Mouth", a new adult cartoon that is shown exclusively on Netflix. I realize that not everyone has Netflix, but I like this show so much that I wanted to spread the word.

I can only post links for some reason, so hopefully the link to IMDB will suffice and you can click on the short video showing a trailer that can explain it better than I.

The show follows the daily lives of two boys, one being pre-pubescent and the other pubescent and all of the 'stuff' they go through along the way. This is VERY ADULT, they do not pull any punches, they actually probably more juvenile stuff (but true) than Rick and Morty does. So far, I am about 5 shows in, in every episode it has dealt with masturbation, dating, wet dreams, menstrual cycles, etc. So when I say, "adult", I mean it, I would not watch this with kids at all. =)
Even though each show deals with the aforementioned it actually has messages that have to do with every day things that pre-teens and teens go through, but in an adult way.

There is also a, "Hormone Monster", (male and female) that I didn't care for 'at first', but after a couple of episodes I was really liking him AND then her, they play such a pivotal role in there, and in a teens life, I remember my own personal hormone monster... =)

I'll be honest, at first I was not that enthralled with it, then after around 3 episodes I realized that I was hooked and I actually loved 'almost' as much as Rick and Morty, which is my all-time favorite brain-killing cartoon.
Give this a chance, if you have a good sense of humor I am pretty sure that you'll also see the thinking that goes into the show. The supporting cast is reall good also.

Oh yeah, in the 4th episode (I think) there is a lot of Seinfeld reference, they pulled it off too, all of the mannerisms were perfect.

www.imdb.com...

Check it out when you have the time, although almost over the top in some instances I believe this is going to be a winner. (It does show that it receives 8.2 stars on IMDB)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hey Thanks! Imma watch this. I have some kids that are about to go through it, and this should be a good reminder as to what it was really like. You forget after a while lol...

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill
Hey Thanks! Imma watch this. I have some kids that are about to go through it, and this should be a good reminder as to what it was really like. You forget after a while lol...

It will definitely make you remember, I promise! =)

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

The gym teachers hormone monster is the funniest thing I have seen on TV in a long time.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

The gym teachers hormone monster is the funniest thing I have seen on TV in a long time.

Oh yeah, that's right! =)
That's true, and, he fits too!
I wanted to binge watch the entire show but I wanted to savor it a little more, to me, it's that good.
That gym teacher reminds me of Gabe Kaplan, if you remember him.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah, that show is ridiculous. At first I was like, "WTF is this garbage" but it really is a good show. NOT FOR CHILDREN.

but hilarious.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Yeah, that show is ridiculous. At first I was like, "WTF is this garbage" but it really is a good show. NOT FOR CHILDREN.

but hilarious.

Exactly!
At first I thought of it as a taboo in a way, like this was about kids with a topic of sex, it is, but it ain't...
The deal for me is that since the kids all talk with an adult voice it makes all the difference, it's strange, I'll say that, but it's just one of those little things that may not be for everyone.

I just finished it, all 10 of the shows, now I have to wait I guess until next September-ish when it will hopefully have new episodes.

In case some can't 'get it', it's humor similar to "Jeff and Some Aliens", and similar also to, "Rick and Morty", it'll make more sense as one sees the first episode. Big Mouth is more cerebral than, "Jeff" but not as much as, "Rick", I guess I'd say.

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I never could get into rick and morty.

I just couldn't understand the appeal. And it didn't help that friends labeled it as "for smart people"

posted on Nov, 2 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed
I thought that Rick and Morty was a kids show until I read some stuff here, then I checked it out and I immediately fell in love with it all. I know that it's not for everyone too, there's a lot of things on T.V. and online that people rave about but I can't see it.
I definitely understand though.

The writers on Rick and Morty say something to the effect of, "Only something this smart can be this stupid", I know that's not it, but it's kind'a close. =)
To me it's the most intelligent show that I watch, and I admit, a lot goes over my head, so I like it even though I ain't smart enough.
There's some real thinking in it, and really, I only watch it for Morty anyway, he's a really cool kid. heheh

new topics

top topics

join