It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Shot in Manhattan: Sources

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ok. How do we approach the vetting process if we learn these sorts of people are radicalized here at home in the US?

I guess it depends where he was being radicalized.

The mosques have to be the first place to start and the jihadi sites on the internet.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is what happens when we have a free society.

Occasionally, some idiot will try to use the freedoms they have against us.

Publically kill him.

Send a message to every wannabe terrorist.

Slowly and cruelly, kill the sharmata whore in public.

Make an example of this coward.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Publically kill him.

I'm sure there would be no shortage of creative volunteers.

edit on 10 31 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

A well armed population is the key to mitigating the threat of domestic radicalization.

We need to harden targets, especially public venues, against these types of attacks. That doesn't mean militarizing the cities or establishing checkpoints. Rather we should be promoting and educating Citizens of their second amendment rights and encouraging law abiding/mature adults to carry firearms (for those who wish to do so).

These people pick the weakest/softest targets in order to prolong the time it takes for them to be confronted/stopped. History has shown us that early interdiction is a key factor in reducing the mortality rates of terrorist attacks.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

That's two different questions.

Foreign terrorism has a chance of being stopped at the border. Domestic terrorism does not. The two must therefore be approached differently. This is exactly why I said earlier how glad I was that the killer was taken alive; we have a chance to find out more about how this is happening.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about waterboarding him or anything like that. We all know that is a useless tactic. Bamboo shoots under the fingernails or a good old-fashioned ride on a medieval rack might work, though...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Publically kill him.

I really don't think that will stop most of the them. They like to commit suicide anyway before they are caught, that will just give them more of a reason to. I doubt it'll deter them.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

Ok. How do we approach the vetting process if we learn these sorts of people are radicalized here at home in the US?

You wont like the answer but its easy. Our intelligence services stopped infiltrating groups and rely on electronic interception. Used to be Fbi had informants people were watched even profiled. Get people in to local mosques to see what people are doing. Relying on sigint you will always lose. Nothing beats having someone in the neighborhoods watching whats going on. There will be alot more deaths before we do this.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

A well armed population is the key to mitigating the threat of domestic radicalization.

We need to harden targets, especially public venues, against these types of attacks. That doesn't mean militarizing the cities or establishing checkpoints. Rather we should be promoting and educating Citizens of their second amendment rights and encouraging law abiding/mature adults to carry firearms (for those who wish to do so).

These people pick the weakest/softest targets in order to prolong the time it takes for them to be confronted/stopped. History has shown us that early interdiction is a key factor in reducing the mortality rates of terrorist attacks.

I'm a big 2A advocate, but in these vehicle attack cases, armed population isn't gonna help much until he gets out of the vehicle. Nobody is gonna shoot him through the windshield as he barrels down the sidewalk. It does still help if people can stop him when he gets out though. Thank god there was a cop right there, and he didn't have a real gun or a machete, because in NYC everyone would've been sitting ducks.
edit on 31 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It'd be a good way of eliminating these things, these cowards.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: DerBeobachter

News reports say entered country in 2010 as refugee.........

And Sheppard Smith (Fox News) carefully laid out tonight's Halloween parade route for all wanna-be terrorists. He's a real idiot sometimes.

You do know that parade routes in big cities are always made public, right? That's how people know where to set up their chairs.

Any wanna-be terrorist can find out very easily.

But like me, NJ/NY/CT terrorist wanna-be's probably didn't know there was a big Halloween parade in Manhattan tonight. As we saw today, it only takes ONE to kill many innocents.

So are you saying we should not make parade routes public?

Then what is the point of having a parade?

I'm not sure of your logic here, or lack thereof.

The LOGIC is: DO NOT nationally broadcast the route for a big parade that's scheduled to occur 4 hours after, and 1 mile from a terrorist attack.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
He came on a "diversity visa"

Nice huh?

How's that diversity working out?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They don't care about dying in public, private, or anywhere else. But they DO love their relatives and close friends. I started after another terrorist attack describing how to dissuade the wann-be's...

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I'd start with testicles and work from there ..........

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'd start with testicles and work from there ..........

That's how my ex did it to me...

link   
a reply to: face23785

Nobody is gonna shoot him through the windshield as he barrels down the sidewalk.

I believe a couple of well-placed shots to the tires would at least slow things down.

There's more targets than just the head... as the NYPD showed us today.

TheRedneck

link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

They don't care about dying in public, private, or anywhere else. But they DO love their relatives and close friends. I started after another terrorist attack describing how to dissuade the wann-be's...

So you think killing their families would keep them from doing their thing, don't you think that would cause them to ramp up their attacks considering they have nothing left to lose?

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Paterson is home to around 60,000 Muslims

9/11 hijackers had a safe house here - buddy of mine was K9 officer with local sheriff (now retired) 2 days after 9/11
raided safe house

He and his dog were first through door

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: DerBeobachter

News reports say entered country in 2010 as refugee.........

And Sheppard Smith (Fox News) carefully laid out tonight's Halloween parade route for all wanna-be terrorists. He's a real idiot sometimes.

You do know that parade routes in big cities are always made public, right? That's how people know where to set up their chairs.

Any wanna-be terrorist can find out very easily.

But like me, NJ/NY/CT terrorist wanna-be's probably didn't know there was a big Halloween parade in Manhattan tonight. As we saw today, it only takes ONE to kill many innocents.

So are you saying we should not make parade routes public?

Then what is the point of having a parade?

I'm not sure of your logic here, or lack thereof.

The LOGIC is: DO NOT nationally broadcast the route for a big parade that's scheduled to occur 4 hours after, and 1 mile from a terrorist attack.

Thats just stupid its like having an NFL game and not tell erryone when and which stadium. What wouldbe the point of having a parade if you dont tell the public and they dont show up??? Think before you speak.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Terrorist left note pledging allegiance to ISIS

Edit: But he still doesn't have a membership number and he never went to the academy, so some people may want to still pretend this wasn't an ISIS attack.
edit on 31 10 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Terrorist left note pledging allegiance to ISIS

I'm shocked...

Not

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join