It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Enemy is a fairly strong term.

Rival, competitor or even nemesis?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Arnie123
Whelp, all the liberal moaning and screeching, this is the result, the best, that has come of this mueller investigation?

lmfao, um okay.

How's that popcorn? stale?

You do realise that this is just the first of what could be a long list of persons who are facing criminal charges over this.

The investigation does not now suddenly stop.

This is just the first salvo.

If this is really nothing more than financial crimes from years ago, then I'm inclined to believe that Mueller has realized that Russian collusion is a dead end, and he needs to settle for whatever charges he can get now.

I have seen people saying that with an investigation of this magnitude, Mueller had to at least collect some sort of scalp, even if its unrelated to russian collusion..

So this could be that, or the start of many more charges.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Gates also worked in a lobbying grou0 for Trump, and was there until at least april.

If they are charged with colluding with russia to influence trump, even if Trump wasnt aware of it, then to me this proves the general thesis of the argument against Trumps team; that Russia was trying to influence Trump.

That is if the allegations are true. I guess manafort and Gates are innocent until proven guilty.

How dare you. At all times you must deflect and stick your head in the Sand and protect your chosen side as innocent.

You Sir are not doing a good job in being a silly political cheerleader.

This unbias view of politics is shameful and could lead to getting rid of all the corrupted Aholes in DC. How dare you put your country over your Political party or ideals first?Nothing is more important than your party and team.

edit on 011031America/ChicagoMon, 30 Oct 2017 08:01:42 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Grambler
Gates also worked in a lobbying grou0 for Trump, and was there until at least april.

If they are charged with colluding with russia to influence trump, even if Trump wasnt aware of it, then to me this proves the general thesis of the argument against Trumps team; that Russia was trying to influence Trump.

That is if the allegations are true. I guess manafort and Gates are innocent until proven guilty.

How dare you. At all times you must deflect and stick your head in the Sand and protect your chosen side as innocent.

Sorry, I know I am supposed to be a "traitor" fought at all times.

link   
a reply to: interupt42

Once you get over calling him names you might realise he was actually making a perfectly valid point.

edit on 30-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The only way that happens is for the government to collapse or for the people to physically remove them.

I'm for removal.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes I think Russia is being quite successful. Look at the division in the US, factor in Brexit and now Catalonia. Look at the division in Germany, France, Sweden... all over Europe. The right and left can't discuss anything. The right wing is living in an alternate reality thanks to right wing social media and news and a lot of that is stemming from Russia.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The problem is, UK politics isn't so in your face and controversial. A lot of it would be actual political discussion, probably boring in the grand scheme of things.

Once you get over calling him names you might realise he was actually making a perfectly valid point.

I guess you either replied to the wrong post or the sarcasm went over the chemical trails and Tom Delonge BS?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The problem is, UK politics isn't so in your face and controversial. A lot of it would be actual political discussion, probably boring in the grand scheme of things.

I think he was sarcastically defending me.

Like if he said to my wife.

"You are right to yell at your husband. I mean, he is soooo terrible taking out the garbage and cleaning the dishes and being a perfect gentleman"

Which by the way is all true.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I guess you either replied to the wrong post or the sarcasm went over the chemical trails and Tom Delonge BS?

I posted before you put in your edit.

Also sarcasm usually requires tone which is something that never really comes across when reading a online post.

Thats why I usually avoid it.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

He starts out denying any collusion between anyone in his campaign and now..... Manafort, his campaign manager is about to be charged in a investigation into Russian interference in the last presidential election.

Trump denied over and over again that there was any collusion between his campaign and Russia.

Now his campaign manager is facing charges for just that (or could be depending on the nature of the charges when they are released)

No, see, that's not how this whole thing works. Yes, Manafort has been indicted with something (no one knows what, but all signs point to some sort of financial wrongdoings with his business partner) as a result of a federal no-knock raid tied to a special investigation initially created to look into Russian collusion in the Trump campaign, but it has branched out to be so much more than that.

Unfortunately (for gossip's sake, at least), I bet this has nothing to do with anything more than his business dealings and financial and tax illegalities. But either way, we just don't know yet, so to pretend that this has something to do with colluding with Russians concerning the election shows a severe lack of restraint--supposedly, they're going to unseal the indictment later today. I get the desire to bet he first thread on this topic and to react quickly (it is the status quo, after all), but can we not have the restraint to wait a few hours to see exactly what this investigation yielded the American people?

Why run rampant with speculation when you will know in just a relatively short while?

So either Trump was in on it or he didn't know what his campaign manager was up to.

Again, stop. This could have absolutely nothing to do with Trump, or it could have a lot to do with him, but making such hard-lined determinations from such a massive (meaning, you have none) lack of evidence as to what the charges are or the evidence supporting them is damn near laughable if it weren't so common and destructive to logical and intelligent discussion.

Something that your silly video forgets to highlight enough is that the questions surrounding Russia are concerned directly with messing with the elections, not a blanket question covering any person in the campaign ever in the history of their lives or business dealings. Again, this is a disingenuous way to discuss something so potentially important, and it really waters down the tone of the discussion (or poisons it up).

Thank you for starting the thread, but can we discuss it like adults? For once, it would just be nice to discuss a major issue on its merits and not while having to hop back and forth over the political line with every comment that we read.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Yes I think Russia is being quite successful. Look at the division in the US, factor in Brexit and now Catalonia. Look at the division in Germany, France, Sweden... all over Europe. The right and left can't discuss anything. The right wing is living in an alternate reality thanks to right wing social media and news and a lot of that is stemming from Russia.

But you are attributing this all to Russia and I think that is absurd.

Brexit? Catalonia? You really think people are being whipped into a frenzy by russia over those issues?

Then I suppose we have to believe the reports that BLM and the dakota pipeline people are also playing in to russias hands.

Or....

People actually have grievances that they truely believe that has nothing to do with russian infleunce.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That's a lot to blame on Russia rather than on the fact that there are very divergent views on how people should live and be governed.

Russia, btw, is the original home of collectivist thought. I don't see many on the right saying, "Hey! Let's all run out and collectivize and/or centralize every single system in this country under one monolithic, authoritarian, patriarchal government system to run it all for us!"

That's the left who does that, and that's a Marxist mindset.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
12 counts including Conspiracy against the US and money laundering.

Bad link. Sorry
edit on 30-10-2017 by abago71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Just being reported that Manafort has been charged with 12 indictments from"earlier times".

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

And the sad thing is, so many young people embrace news outlets like "RT" and then have a deer-in-the-headlights stare at you when you talk about being manipulated by the media (regardless from which country it originates...American media [social or otherwise] has hands covered in culpability as well).

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
NVM
edit on 30-10-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Money laundering goes back to 2012.

So this looks like it may not catch the current campaign unless there is more they think they can squeeze.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
12 counts including Conspiracy against the US and money laundering.

Here's a link

Where are those charges?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You don't think the Left and the MSM isn't living in an alternate reality aswell? You don't think that the Left and the MSM isn't contributing aswell to the social issues and hatred among Americans as well, its only the right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join