It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just breaking.

Manafort has been told to hand himself in will post more information as it breaks

Washington (CNN)Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is turning himself in Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller, according to a source with direct knowledge of the matter.

Manafort was indicted under seal on Friday and is planning to turn himself in, the source said.

Link

So Trumps campaign chairman has been told to turn himself in along with rick gates who was his associate this will most likely lead to a formal charge being pressed against him. Still no word on what those charges will be as this just literally broke 10 minutes ago.

WASHINGTON — Paul Manafort and his former business associate Rick Gates were told to surrender to federal authorities Monday morning, the first charges in a special counsel investigation, according to a person involved in the case.

The charges against Mr. Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, and Mr. Gates, a business associate of Mr. Manafort, were not immediately clear but represent a significant escalation in a special counsel investigation that has cast a shadow over the president’s first year in office.

New York Times

So much for this just being a witch hunt!
edit on 30-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: Update title

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Also Rick Gates.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
Also Rick Gates.

Who's Rick Gates again?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Manafort has been told to hand himself in...

Is that warrant issued, or by request?

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
NYT: Manafort/Gates

That's an older article discussing Manafort and Rick Gates.
I have no knowledge of the validity of this article.
I haven't followed this much.
Just trying to gather info right now.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

And this shall lead to the perverted Podesta bros!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If he's dirty, lock him up! I hope they investigate, If they can prove he used his Russian contacts to prop Trump into the presidency then show it.. lets have a nice... public.... hearing!

youll excuse me if i say, Manafort may have broken finance rules, but I dont believe any of it was done during of after Trumps Campaign and I will hold judgement on his contacts with Russia until the proof comes out!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: abago71
Also Rick Gates.

Who's Rick Gates again?

Holy crap this day will be exciting

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Manafort has been told to hand himself in...

Is that warrant issued, or by request?

As far as I can tell, Rick Gates is just Manafort's business partner, and was not involved in Trump's campaign. So this may be related to stuff Manafort was involved with before the election.

I've been wondering for months if Mueller would go after Manafort just to score an easy win.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
No surpirsie to me it was manafort.

As I siad yesterday, this doesnt really give insight into where the investigation is heading; trump people will say to podesta, anti trump people will say to trump himself.

It could lead no where else.

What I do know is that Trump did hire this man, and although manafort being guity of anything doesnt prove Trump committed a crime, it shows at the least he had very bad judgement pof brining in a swamp critter like Manafort to help him drain the swamp.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
No joke this was reported just one day ago.

Donald Trump’s former campaign Paul Manafort has said he has not been informed of any possible criminal charges against him, after it was reported the first indictments had been filed by the team investigating Russia’s alleged meddling in the 2016 election.

The Independent.

Well he got that wrong by the looks of it!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Grand theatre.

Mindless entertainment.

WWE, trash talking, false accusing, kangaroo courting, show trial deflection.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
No surpirsie to me it was manafort.

As I siad yesterday, this doesnt really give insight into where the investigation is heading; trump people will say to podesta, anti trump people will say to trump himself.

It could lead no where else.

What I do know is that Trump did hire this man, and although manafort being guity of anything doesnt prove Trump committed a crime, it shows at the least he had very bad judgement pof brining in a swamp critter like Manafort to help him drain the swamp.

True but when you have Trump saying this.

It does not look good.

He starts out denying any collusion between anyone in his campaign and now..... Manafort, his campaign manager is about to be charged in a investigation into Russian interference in the last presidential election.

Trump denied over and over again that there was any collusion between his campaign and Russia.

Now his campaign manager is facing charges for just that (or could be depending on the nature of the charges when they are released)

So either Trump was in on it or he didn't know what his campaign manager was up to.
edit on 30-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: clarification.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Gates also worked in a lobbying grou0 for Trump, and was there until at least april.

If they are charged with colluding with russia to influence trump, even if Trump wasnt aware of it, then to me this proves the general thesis of the argument against Trumps team; that Russia was trying to influence Trump.

That is if the allegations are true. I guess manafort and Gates are innocent until proven guilty.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Now slow down. We dont even know what the charges against Manafort are. If they are merely fincial crimes, this does nothing to prove russian collusion.

If it is crimes from 2012 or around there, Manafort was working with the Podesta at that point.

So as I said yesterday, this charge of manafort does nothinng to prove anything yet.

However, if it shows people in Trumps campaign colluded with Russia, even trump; then arrest them all.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
No joke this was reported just one day ago.

Donald Trump’s former campaign Paul Manafort has said he has not been informed of any possible criminal charges against him, after it was reported the first indictments had been filed by the team investigating Russia’s alleged meddling in the 2016 election.

The Independent.

Well he got that wrong by the looks of it!

He probaably was telling the truth. It was supposed to be aa sealed indictment. Someone broke the law by leaaking it.

So Manafort may very well have been telling the truth when he said he wasn't told anything about this over the weekend.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If the cops want to charge me with a crime, they don't ask me to come on down to the station.
Handcuffs would be involved, not pleasantries.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Of course, to prove collusion, you have to prove everyone knew they were working with Russia with the stated intent to swing the election at all levels.

That's not going to be so easy to prove, especially where everyone in DC seems to have contact or dealings with Russia.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Looks like the charges stem from tax fraud.

The former chairman of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has been told to surrender to authorities on charges including tax fraud, according to people familiar with the matter.

Paul Manafort is expected in federal court in Washington, D.C., later Monday, one of the people familiar with the matter said.

www.wsj.com...

Could be more.

But if thats it, hardly proves a russian collusion narrative.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Who's Manafort?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join