It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Manfort's password was "Bond007"

BWHAHAHAHA!!!

He also had three (3) passports with 3 different passport numbers.

Sounds like the perfect guy to chair your campaign!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Gryph, if it's really well-known and established, there'd certainly be no need to make deals for information.

I'm not saying nothing will come up pointing to Trump by any means, but this sort of willful blindness about the Podesta Group coupled with a certainty of wrong-doing by Trump is certainly curious based on the information available to us so-far.

Frankly, any denial of Russian meddling at this point is simply ridiculous. Reports from our Intelligence Community, acknowledgment in court proceedings, testimony of Facebook/Google/Twitter before Congress yesterday.

The extent of this meddling and those that colluded with the meddling are the point of on-going investigations.

I have never denied or ignored anyone's involvement; I have never claimed that Trump himself worked with Russia.

Early on (last year) I felt that based on evidence, there is a strong case to be made for money laundering and the Trump Organization, which I thought would lead back to Mr. Trump, resulting in his impeachment. As more facts have revealed themselves, if Mr. Trump is removed from office, which I think is likely, it will be because of diminishing physical and mental capacity.
edit on 1-11-2017 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

In other words we have gone from trump worked with russia to steal the election, to Trump laundered money at some point, and now we land on he is physically or mentally unfit to be president.

Good stuff!

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

... it will be because of diminishing physical and mental capacity.

No wonder the two scoops of ice cream was such a big story, eh what?

My apologies to you, then because I thought I remembered you solidly stating the investigation had nothing to do with the Podesta's, Don Jr was going to be one of the named indictments Monday, etc. I may have had you mixed up with someone else. I try not to get sucked into the political topics, but here I am again.

Russians trying to influence policy-making, public opinion, and by extension, elections is a half-century too late to qualify as breaking news. Of course they did, just as we've tried to influence foreign elections. Is the fact that they tried and someone won investigation-worthy? That's a pretty low bar, especially when noone seems to think any of the meddling had much effect.

We'll see what else they find as it unfolds, I guess, but so far I haven't seen much worrisome for any of the big fish. Hard to argue tax evasion and "conspiracy against the US" (to commit tax fraud) from ten years ago reflects on evil-doing in the Trump campaign. The Clinton's aren't going to be charged with anything barring an admission (and I'm not even sure that would do it) because it's too politicised. If the investigations start to touch any of the big fish from either party, it will end. None of them want the light shining around in the darkness. They're all tied together in a Gordian knot of corruption.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You are probably right, in that it will be physical or mental diminished state that will get him first. His behavior is hysterical, increasingly erratic, and is starting to worry people in his inner circles. Trials and investigations take months, sometimes years. But given he is proving every day, more and more, just how mentally unstable, vindictive, and childish he is, he is either going to be convinced to resign, or forced to.

But in my honest opinion, Trump himself isn't the main target yet. They aren't going directly for him, but working their way, one by one, through his swamp creatures. They aren't just going after Trump, they are sending a message.

And this is only round 1 of the indictments. Apparently, there is possible another one sealed and not yet opened, and speculation is rife on which domino gets taken out next. Flynn is the favorite, but Roger Stone has also been tossed around as a possibility. It is also rumored that the second one will be someone higher up the food chain than Manafort. So while Flynn and Stone certainly fit, so does Jeff Sessions, who was also Popadopalous' supervisor in the campaign.

I am going wait and see what the next couple days reveal before casting my bets on who is next. Flynn seems the obvious choice, but he already has another case going against him, so i don't know how that would affect Mueller's. But if the next indictment isn't Flynn, I'm gonna take a leap and put my money on Sessions. Sessions seems too high a target to nail at this point in the investigation, but given his connections to Popodopolous, and that fact that Popodopoplus' indictment, plea, and cooperation with the investigation has been a big surprise to many, the possibility of Mueller pulling an even bigger rabbit out of Trump's rabbit hole is not that remote a possibility now.

I will say this investigation has moved faster than I thought. I figured it would be another year before the first indictments came in.

To say the least, this shiz must be red hot.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

You are probably right, in that it will be physical or mental diminished state that will get him first. His behavior is hysterical, increasingly erratic, and is starting to worry people in his inner circles. Trials and investigations take months, sometimes years. But given he is proving every day, more and more, just how mentally unstable, vindictive, and childish he is, he is either going to be convinced to resign, or forced to.

The fact that the President is quite obviously physically and mentally ill doesn't bring me any joy. I was opposed to his election, I voted against him, I think his Administration has done damage to our country that will take decades to repair ... but I have no ill will toward him to the extent that I wish for him or his family to endure the depredation of Alzheimer's (which is what all symptoms point to now.)

But in my honest opinion, Trump himself isn't the main target yet. They aren't going directly for him, but working their way, one by one, through his swamp creatures. They aren't just going after Trump, they are sending a message.

I go back and forth on wondering if base dishonesty or simple lack of mental ability is what drives the cultish support of Mr. Trump. That jury is still out. However, it seems that many are so OBSESSED with defending Mr. Trump at all costs they miss the fact that the claims have always been directed at his associates in the campaign colluding with Russian agents, not the President himself. The Special Counsel's work is pointed at Trump only in the area of obstruction of justice ... which seems to have happened in the spirit of the law at least if not the letter.

And this is only round 1 of the indictments. Apparently, there is possible another one sealed and not yet opened, and speculation is rife on which domino gets taken out next. Flynn is the favorite, but Roger Stone has also been tossed around as a possibility. It is also rumored that the second one will be someone higher up the food chain than Manafort. So while Flynn and Stone certainly fit, so does Jeff Sessions, who was also Popadopalous' supervisor in the campaign.

There are several sealed indictments in the court records that remain. It seems certain that last Monday was only the beginning.

I am going wait and see what the next couple days reveal before casting my bets on who is next. Flynn seems the obvious choice, but he already has another case going against him, so i don't know how that would affect Mueller's. But if the next indictment isn't Flynn, I'm gonna take a leap and put my money on Sessions. Sessions seems too high a target to nail at this point in the investigation, but given his connections to Popodopolous, and that fact that Popodopoplus' indictment, plea, and cooperation with the investigation has been a big surprise to many, the possibility of Mueller pulling an even bigger rabbit out of Trump's rabbit hole is not that remote a possibility now.

I will say this investigation has moved faster than I thought. I figured it would be another year before the first indictments came in.

To say the least, this shiz must be red hot.

I hope Sessions was smarter than he seems. While I am anxious to see justice restored (which, I shouldn't have to note, extends to anyone who has broken the law) this is not good for our country in the short-term. We are being torn apart by very real enemies and some of us are colluding with those enemies to do so ... great or small, that is treason.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I hope you know that what is being investigated has gone far beyond the normal everyday espionage and ideological battles that international actors have been working for centuries.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Is it? What evidence is there for that assumption? The fact that they called for an investigation? That it became "news"? You don't think campaigns have contact with foreign governments through back channels? Certainly incoming administrations do. What exactly is so unprecedented? Surely not propaganda? Is it because it involved Facebook?

I'm not even being tongue-in-cheek.
What exactly has happened that is "far beyond the normal"? Say something other than broad swipe words like "collusion" or "treason", or at least say what specifically constitutes those offenses in this case. What specific acts are/were unprecedented?

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The fact that this was leaked to the media beforehand seems to hint at gamesmanship and political hardball. I think the Trump side will hit back, using disgruntled insiders in the intel groups, that will provide a response to expand the cagematch to the senior intel level. In simple language the gauntlet is thrown down and the most to lose are the intel leaders who are corrupt. Mueller and his corrupt cronies have the most to lose. It will be easy for Trump to reveal the hidden corruption the intel agencies have been involved in through supporters within those groups. Grab your popcorn, 2018 will be a wild ride.
edit on 1-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Erno86

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I have to disagree with the New York Times.

"B-Movie plot line" is far too generous; this ridiculous dumb-show is pure third-rate Reality TV.

May I add...DJT's (most likely) treasonous activity against the United States as well.

"If Trump survives this crisis --- which may mean that American democracy doesn't --- tax cuts will have a lot to do with it."

quote: Paul Krugman - "Trump Won't Bring Joy to Moolaville" - NYT's OP-ED Tuesday, October 31, 2017

www.nytimes.com...

You are much funny poster .
(you were not serious....I hope...maybe ?)

That's right folks..."It's Mueller time" --- I love the smell of impeachment in the morning.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
manafort traveled under three different passports, with three different names.

he also applied for ten more fake passports in roughly the same amount of years.

Paul Manafort’s Daughter Texted Friends About How Tight Her Dad Was With Trump
“Him and Trump are perfect allies.”

LINK

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

"But Mueller also could be signaling a charge he could pursue in connection with the coordination case --- a conspiracy to defraud the United States by coordinating with Russia.

'Collusion is not a crime, but basically the criminal equivalent is conspiracy,' said former federal prosecutor Randall Eliason. 'You could have a conspiracy to defraud the U.S. by interfering with our election.'

Mueller must also separate efforts that might seem seedy from those that are illegal.

An opposition research firm funded by Clinton's campaign and the DNC tapped a former British spy to dig into Trump's personal and business dealings, and the former spy purportedly solicited information from Russian government officials. That work might similarly be viewed as an unsavory effort to engage with foreign interests to win an election, but it would not necessarily be illegal if there was no conspiracy to defraud anyone, legal analysts said.

'There could be something out there that stinks to high heaven,' Frankel said, 'but it doesn't make it a violation of the law.' "

quotes: By Matt Zapotosky - "Mueller's charges could signal his plan of action" - "The Washington Post - Wednesday, November 1, 2017

[email protected]
edit on 1-11-2017 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I have to disagree with the New York Times.

"B-Movie plot line" is far too generous; this ridiculous dumb-show is pure third-rate Reality TV.

May I add...DJT's (most likely) treasonous activity against the United States as well.

"If Trump survives this crisis --- which may mean that American democracy doesn't --- tax cuts will have a lot to do with it."

quote: Paul Krugman - "Trump Won't Bring Joy to Moolaville" - NYT's OP-ED Tuesday, October 31, 2017

www.nytimes.com...

You are much funny poster .
(you were not serious....I hope...maybe ?)

That's right folks..."It's Mueller time" --- I love the smell of impeachment in the morning.

If you think any of this is gonna lead to impeachment I feel sorry for you.

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If not, a 'Trumpocalypse' in the making...perhaps???

edit on 1-11-2017 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You have far more optimism than me.

I, by contrast, hold plenty of ill will towards Trump and his scumbag family, so whatever happens to them, it will be pure karma they have brought upon themselves. it will be nothing less than they deserve.

I am glad Sessions is dumber than he looks. it will make taking down this administration that much easier. The more that is coming out about the collusion, the more I am learning that the entire trump team were not only complicit little traitors, but they were careless, stupid ones, which is why they are getting caught so quickly now.

The fall of the Trump administration would be a step in the right direction, but as you know. the Chump and his swamp were just the symptom of a deeper problem: We have a country with a huge number of angry, low information idiots who want to see other people suffer, and vote for assholes who promise to hurt and screw over other people. People who actually hate democracy and long for an authoritarian state. They are what put Trump here, and even when Trump is gone, they are still there, and can still elect another crisis to the presidency.

That problem will not be so easily solved. Right now, the only solution for that is for the Dummycrats to stop feeding them and let them wither on their own vines, and hold the line for another generation until they either die out from old age, or just grow the hell up. Until then, you can only try and minimize their ability to cause this sort of chaos.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
special council Robert Mueller has reversed Paul Manafort bail deal after he contacted a Russian with ties to Russian intel.
Jesus did trump hire anyone not conceived in a petre dish???

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
special council Robert Mueller has reversed Paul Manafort bail deal after he contacted a Russian with ties to Russian intel.

This is even crazier than it first sounds. He was collaborating with the Russians as recently as Nov 30th. So even after he flipped he was trying to put out propaganda, lie, and collude with our enemies.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Lets not forget that when he was trying to assemble a team, no one would work for him due to the "Never Trump" meme circulating in DC at the time. Everyone he asked declined. He ended up with the Manafort/Podesta folks after he ran through the gauntlet of people that would typically be asked. You can google "no one wants to work for Trump" to see the media beating the drum on this.

Its not really a fair assessment to judge his ability to put together an advisory team when all the insiders were shunning him publicly. It was pure politics, and i suspect its just part of the greater conspiracy by the unelected government to keep outsiders from looking under their hoods.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think it's perfectly fair. Trump has built a reputation over the years that the professional community doesn't want to work for him. That's why lawyers meet with him in pairs, and why he had so much trouble finding someone that would represent him (and why he clearly has such bad representation now).

He's famous for bad ideas, being a bully, and most importantly not paying or otherwise screwing over his partners. That's why NeverTrump existed in the first place. Not because of politics, but because of the guys reputation.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35   >>

join