It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Charged by FBI

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah, someone on another blog pointed out that indictments are supposed to be all one day type things, not leaked for everyone to gossip about for three or four days and then their targets arrested later on. The leak of the indictment is sort of illegal.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If the cops want to charge me with a crime, they don't ask me to come on down to the station.
Handcuffs would be involved, not pleasantries.

They do sometimes to be fair, depends on the nature of the crime but that might just be a thing in the UK.

I think given the political sensitivity of this case they gave him the choice either you present at the FBI or we come for you.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Looks like the charges stem from tax fraud.

Boring.

You could potentially arrest anyone in the country on that with our onerous and voluminous tax code.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

These charges might be like the ones they leveled against Debbie Wasserperson-Schultz's IT guy - placeholders.

Mueller needed to produce evidence his investigation was making some kind of progress toward something, so they bring in someone on the charges they have, and they hope they can flip him on some bigger fish.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Boring.

You could potentially arrest anyone in the country on that with our onerous and voluminous tax code.

Worked on al Capone

link   
Rick Gates did work on the Trump campaign as well as the RNC and inaugural. He's pretty much Manafort's right hand. That doesn't make these arrests tied to the campaign necessarily. Manafort was under investigation for money laundering before he was brought on as chairman.

Why Trump hired him knowing that Manafort was under investigation and why, unless pressured to, is beyond me... seems like Trump couldn't manage to hire anyone without Russian ties.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Whelp, all the liberal moaning and screeching, this is the result, the best, that has come of this mueller investigation?

lmfao, um okay.

How's that popcorn? stale?

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Like I said, we're discovering thanks to the new Red Scare that just about everyone in DC has Russian ties now.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Worked on al Capone

Exactly.

They wanted him for moider and racketeering but they got's nothin but tax evadin'.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Whelp, all the liberal moaning and screeching, this is the result, the best, that has come of this mueller investigation?

lmfao, um okay.

How's that popcorn? stale?

You do realise that this is just the first of what could be a long list of persons who are facing criminal charges over this.

The investigation does not now suddenly stop.

This is just the first salvo.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Boring.

Yes this is true.

Now again, I am open to there could be more charges, and Trump and co could potentially be guilty.

But if this is accurate and its just tax fraud.

Then great! I think manafort stinks anyways. But this also sets the precedent.

Now lets get a special investigator into the dems for their funding and lying of the Russia dossier, or better yet on the FBI and hillary and the foundation for the uranium one debacle.

And that investigation too can look for any other crime, like tax fraud, among all of those people too.

I am sure everyone will be fine with this; the dems were ecstatic that this investigation could be investigating financial crimes unrelated to russian collusion.

So get your popcorn ready, we could see hundreds of people from both sides going down for tax fraud like charges.
edit on 30-10-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It could be, and it could also not be.

Everyone was pretty sure that Dick Cheney was going to be perp walked over Valerie Plame too, but instead all they got was Scooter Libby over minor inconsistencies in testimony.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Rick Gates was also working with Trump's campaign.

Rick Gates, one of six former Trump campaign aides who joined the nonprofit group America First Policies to support Trump’s agenda, left the organization just two months into the president’s term. On Thursday night America First Policies announced on Twitter that Gates was leaving the group.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Manafort and Gates joined the campaign together in spring 2016 to assist with preparations for the Republican National Convention. The duo was tasked with convincing delegates to vote in Trump’s favor, and worked from a box on Cleveland’s Quicken Loans Arena nicknamed “The Eagle’s Nest”—a reference to a Nazi Party country home gifted to Adolf Hitler, according to a Daily Beast report.

After Manafort was ousted from the campaign over reports that he received off-the-books payments from a pro-Russian political party in Ukraine, Gates hung on, serving as a liaison to the Republican National Committee and assisting Trump donor Thomas Barrack Jr. with preparations for the inauguration. In January, he joined America First Policies, a new pro-Trump outfit organized by the campaign’s digital director, Brad Parscale, and former surrogate Katrina Pierson. He served there until March, when he reportedly was forced out over concerns about the work he and Manafort undertook in Ukraine.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So get your popcorn ready, we could see hundreds of people from both sides going down for tax fraud like charges.

Would be kind of ironic if this is how Trump "drained the swap"

Just by dragging all the other swamp creatures down with him.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Now again, I am open to there could be more charges, and Trump and co could potnetially be guilty.

I don't think anyone of importance in either party is going to get arrested, let alone convicted.

I wish it were not the case, politicians doing the perp walk would be awesome, but I don't see it happening.

link   

If Gates is being indicted, then this predates Manaforts involvement with Trump.
They were involved with Podesta back in 2012.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Still no word on what those charges will be as this just literally broke 10 minutes ago.

WSJ reporting tax fraud.

www.wsj.com...

The former chairman of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign has been told to surrender to authorities on charges including tax fraud, according to people familiar with the matter.

If that's all.... yawn.
edit on 30-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Would be kind of ironic if this is how Trump "drained the swap"

Just by dragging all the other swamp creatures down with him.

Ironic, maybe.... but a net plus anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If Gates is being indicted, then this predates Manaforts involvement with Trump.
They were involved with Podesta back in 2012.

Very true.

I guess it could be possible though that there could be multiple charges.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Politicians have been covering their asses for a long time. They've gotten very good at it.
I just wouldn't want to be the one that ends up thrown under the bus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join