It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan To Divide California Into 3 New States Clears First Hurdle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
On a sidenote, this proves Kalifornistan is the most un-American state, all them Hillary votes really look doubly meaningless now. It's a good thing we have the electoral college or a traitor state would have decided an election.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I dont see Congress agreeing to breaking the state into 3 states.

As for California and their pipedream of becoming independent they need to read Texas vs. White. Only a vote by all can allow a state to leave the Union.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What would be the benefits of this happening in order for people to be all for it happening? Honest question.

It would be more manageable. The state is too big and populous to run effectively. CA is really three distinct areas. You have Northern Cal / Silicon Valley. You have the inland agricultural area and you then you have southern cal (LA & hollywood). IIRC the proposals are essentially dividing the state up around those three main demographics and geography.

This same logic applies to several states.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Dude, give it a rest. You're making yourself out to be a politically prejudiced hack by making everything about partisanship. Literally everything you ever post is bashing liberals and I'm not even exaggerating.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Can florida be next please.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Edumakated

What would be the benefits of this happening in order for people to be all for it happening? Honest question.

It would be more manageable. The state is too big and populous to run effectively. CA is really three distinct areas. You have Northern Cal / Silicon Valley. You have the inland agricultural area and you then you have southern cal (LA & hollywood). IIRC the proposals are essentially dividing the state up around those three main demographics and geography.

This same logic applies to several states.

Yeah, I am sure other states to could claim the same. However, CA is just exponentially larger both geographically and population wise so it makes more sense in their case. Couple that with the needs of Silicon Valley being vastly different from Hollywood and agriculture it makes for an interesting dynamic both economically and politically.

I don't think it will ever happen, but who knows.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

What would be the benefits of this for people to be all for it? Honest question.

Right now conservative voters in California are disenfranchised.

It would offer an opportunity for them to be represented.

Wouldn't it also create another democrat senator if two of the three stay blue?
Democrat would get a whole new state and all the perks that come with it.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: caterpillage
a reply to: Arnie123

Calexit would be amazing! It's such a huge economy all on its own they should have no problem whatsoever on their own. And it will be the liberal utopia dream land! Oh man, it would be the most successful, most fair, most diverse country ever in the history of mankind.

If mankind can exist in modern prosperity with a total absence of electricity, fuel, and potable water, you'd be right... but they can't and California lacks the ability to be self sustaining where those 3 items are concerned. If Day 1 saw 'Calexit' then Day 2 should see disconnection of all interstate utility connections into California followed up by the US unceremoniously leaving boot prints on the narrow asses of every representative in DC hailing from California. Close out Day 2 with a huge party celebrating the aforementioned pain in ass' absence from American governance. Day 3 should see a massive import tax placed on anything entering the US from California. Day 4 should see the USA build that wall right up the Eastern border of California (and build that SOB high enough to keep the clouds of smug from escaping Cali while we're at it.) D

It would give greater incentive for the nation of Cascadia to declare their independence as well. Without ports on the evil "left coast", enjoy your wait on cheap Chinese imports with your smug wall.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Why would you want to shun them rather than trade with them?

National protectionism. I'm fine with trading with them, but every drop of water, every watt of electricity, and every ounce of fuel sold from the US to this theoretical independent California should be export tariffed at a minimum 50%.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

If a "southern" state tried to secede or anything like that it'd be labeled racist.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Couldn't california just buy all that stuff from the world using their hollywood money?
I mean, we are all going to want to keep watching all our favorite shows and movies right?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If a "southern" state tried to secede or anything like that it'd be labeled racist.

Not secede. Split up into smaller states.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Calexit would be amazing! It's such a huge economy all on its own they should have no problem whatsoever on their own. And it will be the liberal utopia dream land! Oh man, it would be the most successful, most fair, most diverse country ever in the history of mankind.

If mankind can exist in modern prosperity with a total absence of electricity, fuel, and potable water, you'd be right... but they can't and California lacks the ability to be self sustaining where those 3 items are concerned. If Day 1 saw 'Calexit' then Day 2 should see disconnection of all interstate utility connections into California followed up by the US unceremoniously leaving boot prints on the narrow asses of every representative in DC hailing from California. Close out Day 2 with a huge party celebrating the aforementioned pain in ass' absence from American governance. Day 3 should see a massive import tax placed on anything entering the US from California. Day 4 should see the USA build that wall right up the Eastern border of California (and build that SOB high enough to keep the clouds of smug from escaping Cali while we're at it.) D

It would give greater incentive for the nation of Cascadia to declare their independence as well. Without ports on the evil "left coast", enjoy your wait on cheap Chinese imports with your smug wall.

I live in Alaska, "my" Chinese imports are delivered directly to the Ports of Anchorage, Nikiski, and Valdez or through Stevens International Airport. Further, anything that stymies China taking US dollars away from the near dead US manufacturing sector, I'm pretty damn cool with. On the pragmatic side, Portland, Seattle, Tacoma, and Longview would expand quickly and pick up the slack almost immediately. No great loss there.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Couldn't california just buy all that stuff from the world using their hollywood money?
I mean, we are all going to want to keep watching all our favorite shows and movies right?

Repatriation upon California leaving the dollar would make me ask "what Hollywood money?"

"Our" favorite shows? I'm not sure I have any of those these days. I'm hard pressed to name any programming I actually watch. TV has been relegated to background noise for the most part and what shows I do watch are generally streamed movies, so... yeah.

edit on 28-10-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

As a long time resident - the only real argument for 2 states is water - as for a 3-state solution (he he) that I can't answer without knowing the demarcations.

I can understand the bay area and it's 'bedroom' communities (largely company towns now a days) and the northern green (read pot) counties and then the central valley and so cal (the deserts). But mostly the long standing battle is about water usage and always has been.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I agree. Yet you left a few days off the week. Day 5 China and others offer financial support for the new nation. Day six China offers military support. Troops, naval docking and Chinese airforce at ex-U.S. air bases. Day seven the U.N. unanimously votes to order the U.S. to continue supplying these vital survival items, water, electricity and natural gas-they have plenty of crude oil-otherwise be convicted of 'Crimes against humanity with a potential declaration of war....

Don't laugh. There no shortage of those that would love to see the U.S. go down...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
apart from idiosyncratic twaddle, anyone actually know why a state cannot be split into 'smaller states'...

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

How would the Electoral College vote-count then work? Would the count remain the same or would there be a further weight towards popular vote versus EC vote - nation wide? Would additional borders within the US constitute a re-writing of such laws?

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
As a Californian... no one (in general) is talking about this here. It's merely being hyped, by people like you. Just like no one (in general) is talking about succession.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
California would be bankrupt in no time as a country. I'm tired of hearing how much money California has without ever having anyone actually present any facts with the claim.

Look at the recent wildfires out there. How would California have dealt with it without the federal aid, federal help from other fire departments.

How would they cover the estimated 1 billion dollars in cost due to just one round of what seems to be yearly fires. All the while paying for all the interstates that are no longer federally funded, as well as no doubt paying oodles of money every year for a military package from the United States.

It's frankly ridiculous, don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to try and fail horribly. But anyone that entertains this as a seriously viable option is pretty much retarded.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join