It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan To Divide California Into 3 New States Clears First Hurdle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Go California!

Hell, I hope Colorado splits as well. Probably never happen but who knows... how many stars can we fit on the flag... LOL

abc7.com...

SAN FRANCISCO -- A plan to split California into three separate states has cleared its first hurdle. Supporters are set to begin collecting signatures to qualify for next year's ballot.

The plan is being funded by Bay Area tech billionaire Tim Draper, who previously funded a similar proposal back in 2014 to divide the state up into sections.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's never going to happen.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

it's a practical move.

I hope it goes forward.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

It's never going to happen.
Calexit is never going to happen, however three different states, there is a possibly for that.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

it's a practical move.

I hope it goes forward.

It would make it easier in the long term for Mexico and the Cartels to completely reclaim (even more than they already have) Southern California.

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

California already is part of Mexico. The governor made California a sanctuary state, don't even know why they have a border.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Calexit would be amazing! It's such a huge economy all on its own they should have no problem whatsoever on their own. And it will be the liberal utopia dream land! Oh man, it would be the most successful, most fair, most diverse country ever in the history of mankind.

I pray for this to happen. Please!
edit on 10 28 2017 by caterpillage because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage

Calexit would be amazing! It's such a huge economy all on its own they should have no problem whatsoever on their own. And it will be the liberal utopia dream land! Oh man, it would be the most successful, most fair, most diverse country ever in the history of mankind.

If mankind can exist in modern prosperity with a total absence of electricity, fuel, and potable water, you'd be right... but they can't and California lacks the ability to be self sustaining where those 3 items are concerned. If Day 1 saw 'Calexit' then Day 2 should see disconnection of all interstate utility connections into California followed up by the US unceremoniously leaving boot prints on the narrow asses of every representative in DC hailing from California. Close out Day 2 with a huge party celebrating the aforementioned pain in ass' absence from American governance. Day 3 should see a massive import tax placed on anything entering the US from California. Day 4 should see the USA build that wall right up the Eastern border of California (and build that SOB high enough to keep the clouds of smug from escaping Cali while we're at it.) D

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I hope they succeed with that. I know a few people in Northern California who would love to have that happen.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I assume that is sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If mankind can exist in modern prosperity with a total absence of electricity, fuel, and potable water, you'd be right... but they can't and California lacks the ability to be self sustaining where those 3 items are concerned.

Not to mention all the tens of millions kalifornians that currently are sucking off the federal government teat.
One big disaster, (earthquake, flood, wildfire, etc.) Would have them begging to come back.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The tech giants are already trying to build 0-1, the tech metropolis, to better enslave mankind with, I see.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What would be the benefits of this happening in order for people to be all for it happening? Honest question.
edit on 10/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What would be the benefits of this for people to be all for it? Honest question.

Right now conservative voters in California are disenfranchised.

It would offer an opportunity for them to be represented.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is one way for America to be free from the madness of Pelosi and the rest of Kalifornistan's loons in Congress.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Calexit is a dream of mine. It would be awesome if they would exit the U.S.

We could finally say goodbye to the liberal party.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh ok, well in that case we should break up every state into multiple ones since they all have disenfranchised voters based on the color of the state?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What would be the benefits of this happening in order for people to be all for it happening? Honest question.

It would be more manageable. The state is too big and populous to run effectively. CA is really three distinct areas. You have Northern Cal / Silicon Valley. You have the inland agricultural area and you then you have southern cal (LA & hollywood). IIRC the proposals are essentially dividing the state up around those three main demographics and geography.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That makes much more sense than the "disenfranchised" thing. I could get behind that.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Why would you want to shun them rather than trade with them?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join