It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The parable of the The Great Mountain and the City of Gold.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The parable of the City on the Great Mountain of Gold.

Once there was a great land. In this land there was a very large Mountain called the Great Mountain of Gold. Up high in the mountain was a beautiful city. A beautiful city inhabited by a virtuous & noble class of people, who forbid the harming of animals or eating flesh. A noble class of God loving people.
Surrounding the Great Mountain were 6 hills. And on each of the individual hills there were built 6 different towns. The first town consisted of fisherman. The second town of meat traders and butchers. The third town of metal smiths. The forth town of hunters. The fifth town of great warriors. And the 6th town of farmers.
The city on the great mount was so high up in the mountain, that none of the people residing in any of the 6 towns knew of it or noble class of people. But the virtuous people who were Monks could see all the happenings of the towns folk, living on the 6 hills far below.
High up on top of the mountain, there was situated a pure reservoir of water, located in the middle of the beautiful city. From it flowed 6 beautiful rivers. Each river flowing in its own direction, out of the city, down the sides of the mountain, toward each of the different towns on the small hills.
As the pure water slowly flowed down the sides of the mountain, little by little, the water gathered loose dirt and soil, gradually losing a some of its purity, as it made its way to each of the different towns for the towns people to drink..
The towns people from each town drank from there own rivers. Not understanding that there river had come from far up on top of the Great Mountain. From the reservoir of pure water.
The people from each of the different towns on the hills, believed there river water to be the clearest, finest and the most pure in all the lands. Not realizing that soil and dirt had gathered in there river as it flowed down the sides of Great Mountain. They all were unable to understand this or see this as the mountain was too high up for them to see.
The towns folk used to bicker and squabble with the neighboring towns on the hills, over who had the purest best tasting water. They would argue and fight with there neighbors in the differing towns. For each truly believed and were adamant they were right.
They argued with there neighbors, they fought with them. So much so that they turned on each other, killing one and other, each defending there belief, over whose river and water was the most pure. .
None of the people in all these lands, except those on the mountain, understood that all the rivers came from the same source, from the Great Mountain of Gold itself.
But the beautiful noble people of the Great City, were the only ones to see that all 6 rivers originated from there abode. There sight was so good as they were situated so high up, that they could see all the happenings around them and in the lands below.

So I will make this easy for you to understand. The hills and the towns folk represent today’s different world religions and the people who belong to them. The water and purity thereof represents there understanding of Truth. The Great Mountain & the pure reservoir of water represent Truth Knowledge, and Gods teaching to us. Gods True Church. The noble Monks represent Gods true shepherds. The location where the people live show how far they are able to see. The people who live high on the Mountain drink from the pure reservoir and adhere to Gods highest commands. Not harming living creatures. The people who belong to each of the villages do not obey all of Gods commands thus they are divided and have limited vision. As they cannot see that it is the same water in which quenches the thirst of all the people.

So I ask you. Are you or your shepherds and religious teachers like the people on the Great Mountain. Or are they like the towns folk on the hills? Are you drinking pure water?

edit on 14-10-2017 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2017 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: grammar

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic

Not harming living creatures

I'm not a vegetarian so I guess I miss out.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Why have parables at all? Why not just say "Do this", "Do that", "Don't do this", and "Don't do that". Why have so much ambiguous interpretations all the time with every passage. The Bible may be the divine word of God but it doesn't seem that way to me. It just seems like it was create by men to control other men with confusing language.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

My God taught we must love others
Your God doesn't seem to make much sense, have any God like powers, if it's water gets cloudy so easily
Maybe your god doesn't care for those in the village, certainly doesn't seem like the monks on the mountain care either, NT leaving their mountain

Religion is for losers, love sets free

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Your God doesn't seem to make much sense, have any God like powers, if it's water gets cloudy so easily

Your God? My God? Your ignorance is astounding!

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Then abandon all varieties of religion and go out into the world and love everyone and everything.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Go into the world and love everyone and love everything?
Is that your commandment to me?
Am I to do your bidding
We have very different Gods, you seem to have some ideal as your idol, to be parsed and preached
No thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Here are your own words below. From your own mouth.
This is what you preached.

You are in a religious discussion forum? You preach religion is for losers love sets free.
Then I tell you to go and to do what you preach? Then you say no thanks?

You are bound by your own foolish words and highlight the darkness and ignorance which veil you.

edit on 15-10-2017 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: more information

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Its a religious forum and I am warning against religion.

Imagine it was an alien forum and I was warning about aliens, ka-ching?

You told me to
"Go into the world and love everyone and love everything"
Love everything, really, darkness veils me, really?

Please dont dictate.
I think you might be a female, just relax, calm down and dont over react

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Please dont dictate. I think you might be a female, just relax, calm down and dont over react

Enjoy the village on your hill kid. I am heading back to the Mountain.
edit on 16-10-2017 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheInfiniteFantastic

Please dont dictate. I think you might be a female, just relax, calm down and dont over react

Enjoy the village on your hill kid. I am heading back to the Mountain.

Yeah, I got the feeling this was all about you, your mountain, your way
My God teaches we must love others, not everything.
My God teaches we must come down from our lofty hights and help.

Go back to your mountain, you are not needed here

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

this is not from the Bible, nor is it any legitimate Christian teaching.

Christians were not the only one who used the word or recorded parables.

edit on 18-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

you are definitely not drinking anything pure.

I want proof you are a legitimate prophet so please "Drink some Radiator Fluid" for if you are a true prophet it will not hurt you according to Mark 16:18.

Once you have proved it then we will give ear to your nonsense. NOT!
edit on 18-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I want proof you are a legitimate prophet so please "Drink some Radiator Fluid" for if you are a true prophet it will not hurt you according to Mark 16:18.
a reply to: ChesterJohn

“A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign!

You have served your purpose friend. You are bound by your own foolish words.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

But I am not a jew seeking a sign which is the historical doctrine for Israel's preparation of the kingdom promise. And it was for the twelve, your response would better have been that it was for his apostles for the signs that they spoke under the authority of Jesus Christ to spread the Kingdom Gospel.

I however am under the Gospel of the grace of God I seek neither sign nor prophesy as I hold in my hands all the words of God and need non other than the Holy Ghost to teach me God's truths.

Seeing how you quoted a verse that Jesus Spoke you have shown who you are an Antichrist

1John 2:18 ¶ Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

You are bound by your own words below.

I want proof you are a legitimate prophet so please "Drink some Radiator Fluid" for if you are a true prophet

If you want to prove you are a true prophet drink a glass of Radiator Fluid

I don't have to be prepared when the bridegroom comes because I am his body

I am a gentile under the Gospel of the grace of God which is different.

You are the fruit that comes from your branch. Need I say anymore?
Click link below.

www.urbandictionary.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.urbandictionary.com...

edit on 19-10-2017 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Anyone who gives a message with a warning claiming it is from God will fall under the signs that JESUS said would follow them that make the same claims you are making.

Mark chapter 16:16-18 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
If you don't fall under it then you an anti-christ.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

In my name shall they cast out devils
a reply to: ChesterJohn

These devils first must be cleaned/spewed out of one's own body. By fasting. Restricting your desires. Avoiding consuming flesh. Chanting and praising Gods names aloud. And prayer.

If you consume the kings diet friend you are not open to receive. Did you not learn anything from Daniel?

If you cannot get your own house in order what help are you to anyone?

edit on 21-10-2017 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: added info

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

they were cast out by Jesus and Paul with no fasting. Only one was done by Jesus and it was a specific kind. Sorry but it doesn't say only that kind of devil will be a sign following them

Daniel, again I am not a jew under Mosaic law. Once again you are replacing one group for another an error you have repeatedly done and pointed out as replacement theology, of which you are heavily practicing.

Jesus put my house in order and keeps it there forever. If you have not believed on Jesus blood shed for your sins on the cross, by faith alone through the grace of God, as a gift, you are misleading people.

edit on 21-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

they were cast out by Jesus and Paul with no fasting.

Matthew, Luke and Mark make clear that the Spirit has led Jesus into the desert. Fasting traditionally presaged a great spiritual struggle. Elijah and Moses in the Old Testament fasted 40 days and nights, and thus Jesus doing the same invites comparison to these events.

I cannot entertain your madness any longer. You are free to believe and do as you want. But, you are subject to The Law whether you know it or not. Jesus showed you a narrow pathway out of this prison. He reminds us to follow the rules and we can be released. A set of Golden keys. He showed you the pathway. It is up to you whether you follow that path and use the Golden Keys or not. We all have the choice. You either hear the message or you don't.
I have no more to say to you. I will leave you to contemplate the Psalm below.

Psalm 78:32
In spite of all this they still sinned And did not believe in His wonderful works.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join