It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The parable of the The Great Mountain and the City of Gold.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic

Ok here are the four times in their context, the AV Bible shows the term "a pure Heart".

Ps 24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
The context is Israel because Jacob is Israel, the hill of the Lord is where the temple, at that time it was a tabernacle or tent, and was located in Jerusalem. So obviously it was not for everyone but was for the twelve tribes of Israel. Also you will notice the word And before it it also required additional things not just a pure heart. and it does not say in the text that they would live or have fellowship with God forever.

1Tim 1:5 ¶ Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
Well here is is about the main meaning of the commandment to Timothy and those in Ephesus, and of course its meaning for the Body of Christ today that we are to give charity i.e. this word charity is not limited to an organization or to the poor.

2Ti 2:22 ¶ Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
This in its context is prayer/supplication/request et al, done with right motive.

1Pe 1:13 ¶ Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
This one is pretty much straight forward in the context that they (historically) or we (today spiritually) love one another enthusiastically or passionately, this is a command inspired to Peter given him from Jesus Christ. And, though not everyone would agree, Peter is writing to Israel scattered throughout the areas mentioned in verse one. We know it was Israel he wrote to at the time historically because if was said of him and agreed to by the elders that Peter and the other 11 were Apostles to the circumcision which is Israel Gal 2:7.

So in the preserved word of God compared to what you are teaching does say two different things. You say one thing but God's word, which he says he has magnified his word above all his name says another.

I do not repent of being so harsh on you, but I figure that if you know what you are in for in the future for the things you are teaching, you could never say to God I did not know the things I mentioned were in his preserved word. It is also a warning for all who read the thread.

We are to be loving, and try to do things out of a pure heart but only Jesus Christ can bring us to the Father and give us the right to live and have fellowship with God forever. That was his sole purpose in coming the first time to be a ransom for many.

If you do study the AV Bible, do a New Testament word study on "by faith" and "through faith" it should prove enlightening to you. But I will give you heads up, it is not a 100% every time, however in many cases of the use of "by faith" there is always some sort of work man that is added to their faith. While "through faith" many times shows it is God who does the work.

Clearly we can see the AV Bible does not say anywhere in it that we get to live and have fellowship with God because we have purified or have a pure heart. Here is a verse that does tell us what God thinks about mans heart

Jer 17:9 The heart [is] deceitful above all [things], and desperately wicked: who can know it?

edit on 24-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

1) You are teaching that all roads lead to heaven, seven world religions making up your lampstand of Protestantism, Roman Catholicism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Animism, and Judaism.
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Chester you do not have to trust me or believe anything I say. You are free to choose whatever you want.
No matter what I say, you will try and find error. That s the nature of people in today's age. Judges and fault finders. You call me many things to which none of them I consider myself. But I expect nothing less. Maybe if we were to meet I could pass you a stone and you could be the first to throw it at me.

As for many paths. Martin Luther king said this. But I would not agree entirely. All roads don't lead to heaven. I only say the requirement to get into heaven is a pure heart. That is the requirement. Regardless of the path you are on, no matter which branch you belong to, the requirement to see God and live with Him is a pure heart. It matter s not which (love based religion) we belong to. The importance lay in us doing all that is required to meet the standard. If you love Jesus then follow Him and do as He did. If we fall short we come back here and get another chance. But if we act in evil we will be sent to a place of chastisement. This is taught in all religions.
The way to a pure heart is also taught in all religions. Most followers of religions do not see this. As sometimes dogma makes it difficult. They fail to understand or meet the requirement that is set out. The path is narrow.

Consider this. We are already the people who have inherited the Earth. As we are here. Yes?

My words cannot penetrate your heart. As it is set in a belief system that cannot be altered. You eyes and ears are bound. My message is not new. And there are far greater than I to have delivered it. My words truly are for a small handful of people. Who for the most part stay silent.

Remember this: When you place all your faith in, ink letters and paper books. Losing sight of the teaching which is written on your heart. Then what is the point of your book?
Today's Christians have become no different from the pharisees of the past. Losing sight of Gods Word written on there hearts. Instead of looking for answers from within they search and search outside themselves. Forgetting that the Kingdom is inside.

edit on 24-10-2017 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2017 by TheInfiniteFantastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It is a Christians duty to call out those who claim things and compare it to scriptures. It is not about finding fault, seeing we all have them. But when it comes to spiritual teaching using the Menorah, which is a Jewish candlestick stand, we are to check those teachers by the word and if their word agrees we are to point it out just as if it doesn't agree with scriptures.

Don't worry I do this to all who misuse the Bible.

Remember what the Lord Jesus inspired of Paul to write in Acts,

Ac 17:10 ¶ And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

It is a Christians duty to call out those who claim things and compare it to scriptures.

You do not know what it is to be a True Christian. You do not understand what it means to surrender. Nor do you want to submit. You harbor malice for the people in other religions thinking yourself better than they. You heighten yourself above others and have set yourself on the throne of Judgement.
The Angel riding the black horse carrying the scales of judgment is coming for you. Yet you do understand nor do you see it. Life truly was like a box of chocolates.
You regurgitate scripture like a parrot (who rely's on google and cut and paste). Clueless that the words ink and letters in your book have become corrupted! Unable to see what is happening. You are on a slowly sinking ship. Walking the path of a goat! Something has stolen your heart, steering it in the direction it wants and you are blinded from Truth of what has happened to you. For only the True sheep can see your error.
You sit on your branch chirping division and hatred towards other religions, unable to see that the branch where you are sitting is connected to a Great Tree.

Your path is set Chester. Your eyes and ears are bound. And a mark you have received.

These are my final words.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheInfiniteFantastic
...Forgetting that the Kingdom is inside.

Is the Kingdom of God in Your Heart?

The Bible’s answer

No, God’s Kingdom is not merely a condition in the hearts of Christians. * The Bible identifies its true location by calling it “the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 4:17, King James Version) *: Many Christian denominations teach that the Kingdom of God is within a person, or in someone’s heart. For example, in the United States, the Southern Baptist Convention declared that the Kingdom of God is in part “the reign of God in the heart and life of the individual.” Similarly, in his book Jesus of Nazareth, Pope Benedict XVI stated that “the Kingdom of God comes by way of a listening heart.”

Consider how the Bible shows it to be a real government that is ruling from heaven.

- God’s Kingdom has rulers, subjects, laws, and a mandate to establish the will of God in heaven and on the earth.—Matthew 6:10; Revelation 5:10.

- God’s government, or Kingdom, will rule over all “the peoples, nations, and language groups” of the earth. (Daniel 7:13, 14) The authority for its rulership comes, not from its subjects, but directly from God.—Psalm 2:4-6; Isaiah 9:7.

- Jesus told his faithful apostles that they would join him in the Kingdom of heaven to “sit on thrones.”—Luke 22:28, 30.

- The Kingdom has enemies, which it will destroy.—Psalm 2:1, 2, 8, 9; 110:1, 2; 1 Corinthians 15:25, 26.

The Bible does not teach that the Kingdom of heaven is in your heart in the sense that it rules through a person’s heart. However, it does show that the “word of the Kingdom” or the “good news of the Kingdom” can and should affect our hearts.—Matthew 13:19; 24:14.

What does “the kingdom of God is within you” mean?

Some people have become confused about the location of the Kingdom by the rendering of Luke 17:21 in some Bible translations. For example, the King James Version says that “the kingdom of God is within you.” To understand this verse correctly, we must consider the context.

Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, a group of religious leaders who opposed him and shared in arranging for his execution. (Matthew 12:14; Luke 17:20) Does it make sense to think that the Kingdom was a condition in their obstinate hearts? Jesus told them: “Inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”—Matthew 23:27, 28.

Other translations accurately clarify Jesus’ statement at Luke 17:21: “God’s kingdom is here with you.” (Italics ours; Contemporary English Version) “The Kingdom of God is among you.” (New World Translation, footnote) The Kingdom of heaven was “with” or “among” the Pharisees, in that Jesus, the one designated by God to rule as King, was standing before them.—Luke 1:32, 33.

God’s Kingdom was not in the heart of Jesus’ obstinate and murderous opposers.

Is God’s Kingdom a real government?

Or is it, instead, a condition in the hearts of men?

Luke 17:21, KJ: “Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you [also TEV, Dy; but “among you,” KJ margin, NE, JB; “in the midst of you,” RS; “in your midst,” NW].” (Notice that, as shown by verse 20, Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, whom he also denounced as hypocrites, so he could not have meant that the Kingdom was in their hearts. But the Kingdom as represented by Christ was in their midst. Thus The Emphatic Diaglott reads: “God’s royal majesty is among you.”)

Source: Kingdom: Reasoning

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

you are hilarous, you are the one who is blind and deaf and has a hard heart, when it comes to the TRUTH as found in the Holy Bible.

Surrender and submit is for Islamist, I gave my heart to God, the day I accepted Jesus Christ ransom for my soul on the cross, who sees me in the image of his glorious son, Jesus Christ.

I am not in any branch of your so called tree. It is all made up junk to mislead and keep people from the truth in salvation if Christ work of the cross alone.

edit on 25-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join