It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs order to eliminate ACA insurance rules, undermine marketplaces

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
For some reason I can't star you. Hmmmm....

If they burned Obama at the stake for this abomination (Obamination?) known as the ACA I'd come roast marshmallows on his flaming corpse. As bitfatfurrytexan said "...spit...!!"

You know, at least a farmer pays for the care of his animals he's gonna profit off of. If Obama had anything to do with it the cows would have to work a second job to pay for their own care before their hide and meat is taken.

They are pushing people too far.

originally posted by: Nik0laTesla
The government has no business in health insurance anyway.

I never understood how any government can mandate I have to have insurance or else. That statement in itself is a form of a totalitarian policy. Then what made it worse is the ACA they provided was unaffordable for my family so was the other private insurances.

I say good riddance to ACA. It was going to implode at the rate it was going either way.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Trump's supporters never hold Trump to the same standards that they hold to any other politician.

We all good Krazy, I didn't hold Obama to any standard...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

For profit has a reason to be cost effective, govt doesn't look at Medicaid if you don't believe me.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I'm the govt, pay me $400 a month for life for your groceries. I'll buy you the cheapest things I can find and every other month I won't buy you groceries at all. When you get old I'll just stop buying your groceries because I don't want to anymore and there's nothing you can do about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Get off crack. It's bad for you

Second.

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

The ACA wouldn't implode if Trump weren't actively sabotaging it and he should be held legally responsible for doing so. The only way the ACA implodes is if Trump lets it. All his rhetoric about it failing were lies until he started making it fail. He is playing games with the American public and this should be unacceptable to any hard blooded American.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The ACA is NOT the law of the land. It was illegal and had zero representation by the people. It wasn't ratified as a tax in the house, so it is a complete con job as it always was.

The very fact that willing sheep call it and refer to it as "the law of the land" from day one, is why it actually isn't. Trying to give it faux credibility by referring to it as the law of the land was the beginning clue to it's nullification.

The whole thing is still just an obscene abortion on a life support machine. And it was designed to fail or to wreak havoc on the people of America for long after Obama was gone. How much lipstick can people put on Obamacare? is the lipstick supply that big?

Never paid a fine and never bought "Oh-bamacare" and never will. If Trump repackages it and renames it or if it has the IRS enforcement still attached. #countmeout

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think it is a money grab. All of the people that haven't bought into it or dropped it get this "fine" collected by the IRS. It's a further way to rob their own people like a vampire that can't help but suck his buddy dry. Tastes too damn good and they aren't putting up enough of a fight.

You pay SSI for something they have told you is going away, but you'll still have to pay
You pay for ACA which everybody I have spoke to pays way more but can't afford to use it for less service
You pay taxes that seem to disappear in the trillions and it's waved off like it's nothing

We DO NOT have a responsible government taking care of it's people's interests. We have thieves of the worst order draining us dry and wondering why the peasants dare to complain.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Republicans are lying to themselves thinking a for-profit middleman insurance carrier making millions in profit is required for healthcare to work.

Doomed to think small until a liberal shows them otherwise. Shame.
edit on 12-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi
For some reason I can't star you. Hmmmm....

If they burned Obama at the stake for this abomination (Obamination?) known as the ACA I'd come roast marshmallows on his flaming corpse

They are pushing people too far.

originally posted by: Nik0laTesla
The government has no business in health insurance anyway.

I never understood how any government can mandate I have to have insurance or else. That statement in itself is a form of a totalitarian policy. Then what made it worse is the ACA they provided was unaffordable for my family so was the other private insurances.

I say good riddance to ACA. It was going to implode at the rate it was going either way.

President Trump will force Congressional action, since they're too selfish and lazy to have empathy for the people who elected them.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Apollumi

Very few people must pay the penalty/tax/fine. The government made the exemption calculations so difficult, that most people just do the simple fine calculation and pay it.

But the Feb 2017 Trump Executive Order now enables Americans to omit filling out line 61 on their IRS form 1040, if they don't want to. (Line 61 asks if you have health insurance.) You don't have to answer that question now.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
There’s people who don’t go to the doctor when they should because they fear the bill. There’s people who try to follow all the rules only to be told they won’t be covered. That’s a failed system and it’s a terrible deal. Why do Republicans favor a deal where you pay in with no guarantee of service? Where you don’t even know how much you have to pay until you’re on the hook with the bill.

Single payer, can be not only a non-profit organization managing the healthcare costs, but also you get it all. You don’t pay co-pays and you get whatever care you need. That’s called peace of mind.

Non-profit health care insurance with total coverage and piece of mind. You won’t go bankrupt. You don’t have to opt for death to save your family the medical debt. Peace of mind when it comes to healthcare.

edit on 12-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
So offering more choices is a bad thing? care to elaborate on that a bit?

People who wish to be coddled and taken care of, don't appreciate being confused by "choices". And they typically want to "protect" everyone else from such freedom.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: network dude
So offering more choices is a bad thing? care to elaborate on that a bit?

People who wish to be coddled and taken care of, don't appreciate being confused by "choices". And they typically want to "protect" everyone else from such freedom.

You don’t have any options. You either pay ridiculous cost directly to a doctor without insurance — or you pay a middleman money for his own profits to decide if he’ll cover you and for how much.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Americans don't want to pay the additional taxes that Single-Payer would bring. If the government reduced payments to medical providers and hospitals, in order to make Single-Payer more viable, many would shut down...thereby creating rationing, like we see in Canada.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
“We just need you to sign this... it just says that no matter what your insurance company decides you agree to pay the bill...”

How much is the bill?

“We’ll send it to you”

What a GREAT F*CKING system. For insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I see you don’t want taxes, you want high premiums with no guarantee of service + guaranteed high bills and co-pays and deductibles. Sounds like a bad deal to me. I’d rather pay into something where I know I’m getting the service and I don’t get a multi thousand dollar bill on top of the hundreds paid each month.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I imagine the VA, who I do contract work for and then endless waste that I see everyday.

I just left the VA ER here in Reno.

My second trip there due to a spinal injury.

First trip I waited 8.5 hours before anyone even looked in my direction.

Today I waited 6 #ing hours in agonizing pain and just went home.

The VA system is what liberals want.

If people want that garbage I can point you to an ER waiting room filled with veterans of all ages and genders who've been waiting just as long, if not longer than I.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Big difference between the limited VA vs all hospitals all doctors in all states going Single Payer.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: carewemust

I see you don’t want taxes, you want high premiums with no guarantee of service + guaranteed high bills and co-pays and deductibles. Sounds like a bad deal to me. I’d rather pay into something where I know I’m getting the service and I don’t get a multi thousand dollar bill on top of the hundreds paid each month.

Allow those who want to buy into Medicare, to do so. Everyone else can go buy their health insurance, just like they buy every other insurance they own.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: projectvxn

Big difference between the limited VA vs all hospitals all doctors in all states going Single Payer.

Not really. Now you're just trapping mediocrity.

There is ZERO incentive for the government to do better.

All you want is "free".

Just remember, you get what you pay for.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join