It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs order to eliminate ACA insurance rules, undermine marketplaces

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Trump signs order to eliminate ACA insurance rules, undermine marketplaces

President Trump signed an executive order Thursday morning intended to allow small businesses and potentially individuals to buy a long-disputed type of health insurance that skirts state regulations and Affordable Care Act protections.

The White House and allies portray the president’s move to expand access to “association health plans” as wielding administrative powers to accomplish what congressional Republicans have failed to achieve: tearing down the law’s insurance marketplaces and letting some Americans buy skimpier coverage at lower prices. The order is Trump’s biggest step to carry out a broad but ill-defined directive he issued his first night in office for agencies to lessen ACA regulations from the Obama administration.

Er... Isn't that what Obama said too? Didn't the Republicans and even Trump have problems with that VERY style of governing when Obama did it? Why is this ok now? The ACA is the law of the land. Shouldn't the Law & Order President be obeying the law not trying to undercut it? Isn't that what he campaigned on?

Briefing reporters on Thursday morning, Andrew Bremberg, director of the White House’s Domestic Policy Council, made clear that the president’s order is merely the “beginning” of actions the administration intends to take unilaterally to help “Obamacare’s victims.”

Sounds like Trump wants to literally rewrite the law. Figures. Trump's supporters never hold Trump to the same standards that they hold to any other politician.

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Awesome news. Thanks Trump for continuing to work on fulfilling promises. Haven't seen a president do that in ages.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sounds great, power back to the people to make their own choices.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Open enrollment is already almost complete across the nation. So this is one of those "for show" type of deals that will only really benefit people who do not utilize employer offered plans (they locked their plans in place back in August/September prior to open enrollment) and that have a "change of life event" that make them eligible to enroll mid year.

That said....he has failed miserably with ACA. The only failure with ACA bigger than his was Obamas when he implemented it.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So offering more choices is a bad thing? care to elaborate on that a bit?

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You have to be kidding.

When President Obama was running for office in 2008 his campaign promise was to "not run the country by executive privilege" Do you remember that?

How many times did you post criticizing President Obama for going back on that promise and using Executive Orders (or skirting even those and issuing Executive Memorandums) to circumvent Congress?

Before the Obama isn't president excuse comes out ...

Bush is STILL being blamed for the Obama Presidency, so that one won't fly.

I can understand anger at not letting the system work. I can understand the anger at the system not working.

I cannot understand the "it's OK when our guy does it, but your guy is a criminal".

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

That said....he has failed miserably with ACA. The only failure with ACA bigger than his was Obamas when he implemented it.

Yup, he didn't factor in that his own party would actively try to undermine his attempts at helping the country move forward. He underestimated his "deal making" bigly.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well if you read the article, it goes into it, but I know you won't so I'll resummarize here. The problem is that adding plans that aren't ACA compliant will send healthy people to them because they are cheaper. This causes a death spiral in the ACA plans as only sick people are left in that pool. So prices increase drastically. Then, ultimately, we are in the same situation we were in from 2000 - 2009. With health insurance prices rising exponentially from year to year and covering less and less health issues.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yup, he didn't factor in that his own party would actively try to undermine his attempts at helping the country move forward. He underestimated his "deal making" bigly.

I posted this in another thread...but its relevant as a response here:

Oh geez.

As a salesman who claims to know the art of the deal, i presume he knows the art of the pitch. So with that said...what exactly is Donald pitching to America?

That he's willing to take on entertainers? Because that is the gist of the talking points i see him referencing: the NFL needs to be more patriotic. NBC and CNN need to be more patriotic. The mayor in Puerto Rico is a dirty, lying hag. Etc, etc.

Meanwhile his wall isn't being built. ACA is still there, with lame ass replacements being shot down twice now. What campaign promises has Donald even been trying on? Because if he were trying to achieve something, certainly he would be out pitching the idea and trying to gain support for it. Right? Isn't that what the art of the pitch is?

So what, exactly, is Donald pitching? Nationalism? Authoritarianism? Based on his communications, and the communications of his "team"...what can we say that Donald is pitching to try to achieve while in office?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
You have to be kidding.

When President Obama was running for office in 2008 his campaign promise was to "not run the country by executive privilege" Do you remember that?

Not really... How about some proof that he said that?

How many times did you post criticizing President Obama for going back on that promise and using Executive Orders (or skirting even those and issuing Executive Memorandums) to circumvent Congress?

Quite often when I didn't like Obama and the ACA was first being implemented. I also objected to his gun EO's after Sandy Hook.

Before the Obama isn't president excuse comes out ...

Bush is STILL being blamed for the Obama Presidency, so that one won't fly.

I can understand anger at not letting the system work. I can understand the anger at the system not working.

I cannot understand the "it's OK when our guy does it, but your guy is a criminal".

I have a better excuse. CUT THE STRAWMANS OUT!

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well if you read the article, it goes into it, but I know you won't so I'll resummarize here. The problem is that adding plans that aren't ACA compliant will send healthy people to them because they are cheaper. This causes a death spiral in the ACA plans as only sick people are left in that pool. So prices increase drastically. Then, ultimately, we are in the same situation we were in from 2000 - 2009. With health insurance prices rising exponentially from year to year and covering less and less health issues.

Man, the raise in prices has kicked into overdrive with ACA. Its literally the fire we jumped fromt he frying pan into.

As of this coming year, my insurance costs have tripled since 2010. Tripled. TRIPLED

*spit*

As much as I dislike Trump, I absolutely loathe Barack Obama for doing this to me and my family. FREAKING TRIPLED!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The government has no business in health insurance anyway.

I never understood how any government can mandate I have to have insurance or else. That statement in itself is a form of a totalitarian policy. Then what made it worse is the ACA they provided was unaffordable for my family so was the other private insurances.

I say good riddance to ACA. It was going to implode at the rate it was going either way.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
cheap ass insurance that won't cover anything. I had that before Obama shut it down for being non-compliant. i'd MUCH rather pay a bit more and have insurance that actually covers stuff... but, that's just me, i'm old and rickety.

link   

Even CNN have had to give this a low billing on their network as they can;t find much to criticize.

This is basically Rand Pauls plan
Individuals will be able to band together and buy insurance across state lines in large groups, with more choice on what they buy.
Sounds pretty sensible.

link   

So all the healthy small business owners who make more than 30K a year just need to "take one for the team". How about no. The ACA will implode soon enough and Trump is happy to help that along, since nobody on either side is willing to budge on making any changes. I just want affordable options. Without being punished for not being able to afford coverage, should that be the case.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You do know that the rate of change of rising insurance prices was much higher pre-ACA right?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Why cant private companies take over how health insurance is made and leave the government out of it?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Man, the raise in prices has kicked into overdrive with ACA. Its literally the fire we jumped fromt he frying pan into.

As of this coming year, my insurance costs have tripled since 2010. Tripled. TRIPLED

*spit*

As much as I dislike Trump, I absolutely loathe Barack Obama for doing this to me and my family. FREAKING TRIPLED!!!!

Just got all my paperwork from my job for our new plan. Cost went up 200 bucks a month and my deductible went from 5k to 7k a year for me and my daughter!

This is getting out of hand but hey # the middle class right

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

The wealthy would be nothing without the middle class.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
it's hysterical the outrage whenever Obama signed an eo. he was called a king and a dictator.

clearly that was faux outrage. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join