It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes 20 week abortion ban.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Edumakated

It's interesting how most of the places that want to ban abortion in the country also don't like teaching sex education to kids. Then these same people yell about how not using condoms causes all these abortions and the couple should have known to use protection. Lol.

I don't have an issue with comprehensive sex education. My issue is when sex education devolves into teaching fifth grades about anal sex, etc.

Personal responsibility is the key though. Far too many guys rather go raw than use a condom. I get that it feels better but 15 minutes of pleasure can lead to 18 years of a crazy baby mama draining your paycheck. Ain't no orgasm worth that risk imho.

I'm not a prude. Been with my wife more than 20 years. We were humping like crazed rabbits in college but we ALWAYS used birth control. She was on the pill AND I used a condom. If my wife got preggo, we were going to name the kid Jesus. We only dropped the condom AFTER we got married and we figured we were in a position to deal with the consequences if she just happened to get preggo even on the pill.

I know far too many people with baby mamas or chicks who got abortions just because they were too irresponsible to use birth control.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think even a second year law student could successfully petition a court in cases like this.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The kid should be named Houdini....

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I get that it feels better but 15 minutes of pleasure can lead to 18 years of a crazy baby mama draining your paycheck.

I know far too many people with baby mamas or chicks who got abortions just because they were too irresponsible to use birth control.

Sounds like you think that in general women (or as you call them "baby mamas") are irresponsible gold diggers simply because they're sexually active.

Is that correct? It can't be, can it?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

should they have to though?? I mean, how long would the case take to get through the court system compared to how badly the mother would be harmed because of the delay???

Milluzzo was admitted to Cannizzaro hospital in the Sicilian city of Catania on 29 September after suffering complications and going into premature labour in her 19th week of pregnancy. She had had fertility treatment at another health centre.

She was in a stable condition in hospital for more than a fortnight but on 15 October her blood pressure and temperature dropped and her condition worsened.

According to the family's lawyer, one of the foetuses was suffering breathing problems. The lawyer alleges that the gynaecologist refused to abort the foetuses in order to save the mother and said: "As long as it's alive, I will not intervene."

No action was taken while the troubled foetus was still alive and hours later both had died, the lawyer said.

Overnight, the mother's condition deteriorated and she contracted an infection. On 16 October she was transferred to intensive care, where she died.

www.bbc.com...

do courts move as quickly as sepsis does???

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I don't have an issue with comprehensive sex education. My issue is when sex education devolves into teaching fifth grades about anal sex, etc.

And when does THAT ever happen? Sounds like a non-issue to me.

Personal responsibility is the key though. Far too many guys rather go raw than use a condom. I get that it feels better but 15 minutes of pleasure can lead to 18 years of a crazy baby mama draining your paycheck. Ain't no orgasm worth that risk imho.

I'm not a prude. Been with my wife more than 20 years. We were humping like crazed rabbits in college but we ALWAYS used birth control. She was on the pill AND I used a condom. If my wife got preggo, we were going to name the kid Jesus. We only dropped the condom AFTER we got married and we figured we were in a position to deal with the consequences if she just happened to get preggo even on the pill.

It's all about education. Sure people will still make mistakes and teenagers are eternally stupid, so it won't fix everything but the more we provide adequate sexual education instead of abstinence only education the more abortion rates will drop. Which is already the case.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Um, how do they expect to get it past the SCOTUS??

Yawn.

Drama queens just trying to stir up the other drama queens is all I see in this headline. Oh, that, and I wonder whats really going on behind the scenes they're trying to distract US from.....?

edit on 4-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I get that it feels better but 15 minutes of pleasure can lead to 18 years of a crazy baby mama draining your paycheck.

Sounds like you think that in general women (or as you call them "baby mamas") are irresponsible gold diggers simply because they're sexually active.

Is that correct? It can't be, can it?

Uh no... not sure how you made that logic leap.

However, unfortunately, in my neck of the woods it is very common for guys to have a "baby mama" because far too many people don't use birth control and wind up getting some thot they met at a club or only been dating a few months pregnant.

For all intents and purposes, that is what they are... a baby mama. The kid was not intentional. The father and mother usually don't have much of a real relationship beyond the kid. The father is resentful for getting slapped with child support. The mother thinks the dad is a deadbeat. Kid grows up to be a thug. Wash rinse and repeat.

Nothing wrong with being sexually active. It is natural and what people do. However, expecting people to be responsible about it seems to be taboo...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: DupontDeux

In Denmark:

. A woman may also be granted an authorization to abort after 12 weeks if certain circumstances are proved to be present (such as poor socioeconomic condition of the woman; risk of birth defects to fetus; the pregnancy being the result of rape; mental health risk to mother).[2]

Abortion in Denmark

My point exactly - I think it would be far easier for conservative lawmakers (i.e. their constituency) to accept a wider range of post ban abortions. As it is, with abortion laws there in their opinion already is much too lenient, they will fight to limit any form of abortion.

To add perspective to (post ban) abortions in Denmark:

1)
Each post ban abortion must be especially approved by a special council.
2)
Abortions are NEVER granted past week 24
3)
Almost all late abortions is before week 20
4)
Denmark has one of *the* lowest abortion rates in the entire world (for comparison, the US abortion rate is about 60% higher than the Danish).

In Denmark at least the week 12 ban is a win for everyone.

Denmark also allows all women access to prenatal care no matter their financial situation.
That makes a HUGE difference.

That is of course true - good point.

However, the abortion rate is substantially lower than, say, Sweden's, and half that of the EU.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Catholic Hospitals will take on your second year law student, and turn that mother away, or let her languish in her hospital bed, instead of sending her to the OR.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Not long. It would be a petition, not a court case that was challenged.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are uneducated teenagers getting the half million plus abortions every year?
Or is it mostly people over the age of 18?

That would be an interesting number

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

oh, they have faith that trump will be given at least one opportunity to appoint another supreme court judge..
heck, they are talking about the possibility of more than that. if they can get at least on more judge seated before this law made it to the court...
the chances are much better.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

There are other hospitals than religious ones. If that's the only one you want then it's on you. Personally I wouldn't have anything to do with the RCC. But that's me.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is an article from 2008..
Not fresh but it's something.

Half of women are over age 25.
17 percent were teens.
60 already had a child.

Doesn't sound like lack of knowledge is the biggest factor.

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 4-10-2017 by Bluntone22 because: Eta

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I wouldn't bet on that one...

www.rt.com...

if they don't give a crap about the health and welfare of a 12 year old rape victim, they won't give a crap about an adult with complications, unless of course, that adult has some high standing connections...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

but in some areas, they are the only hospital within a 100 miles, and if you are in an emergency situation, well, that 100 miles might be a rather long ride to help!!!

and it this law were to pass....
the ride would probably be to the canadian border!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Because of logistics, some women have no choice. And, yes a Catholic hospital policy can make the decision for the fetus' life over the mother's, where there is a choice, and they have won in court.

Catholic Hospital Under Fire for Denying Life-Saving Treatment to Pregnant Woman

How the rise of Catholic hospitals is jeopardizing women's healthcare

Why is Washington paying Catholic hospitals to take away healthcare?

Catholic dominance over hospitals endangers women

ACLU Sues, Claiming Catholic Hospitals Put Women At Risk

Is there any question that the pro-life movement is rooted in religious bias?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Until that MIGHT happen this is all pointless drama queen posturing... or is it???

Back in the 'old days', like before Obama was elected (the year of our Lord), this 'dead babies' stuff was like the cream of partisan bickering.

Then along came the identity politics and a burgeoning race war became the face of 'progress'.

Seriously, whom doesn't long for the old days of obligatory abortion being the bulk of the daily partisan bickering drama?

It's like those Bush billboards "you miss me yet"?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Until that MIGHT happen this is all pointless drama queen posturing... or is it???

You mean, until we give him a chance to enact Pence's oppressive BS agenda, we should pipe down?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join