It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused of Racism For Mentioning the 'I' word

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
My philosophy is simple when it comes to this issue. I tend to place people into one of two categories. Those who show some kind of intelligent thought I classify as people. Those who don't, I classify as human animals... incapable of independent thought, incapable of forethought, incapable of comprehending anything that might challenge their beliefs. I see these second group all the time: the fool who speeds like a maniac until he is 100 feet from a red light that has been red for 30 seconds, then slams on the brake, is a human animal. There is no forethought. There is only that which appears in his field of view. In a store, the guy who stumbles in with the blank stare in his eyes, grabs whatever he sees and wants as he browses the aisles, then who pays without caring what the price is, is showing no independent thought. He is a human animal. Even in my own family, certain members have found it incapable to think outside a narrow box which contains all their beliefs and feelings, and have shown themselves incapable of civil discourse outside their box. They, too, are human animals.

I do not consider human animals people...

Careful... dehumanization (putting people into groups and then...) is the basis of genocide.

Dont stoop to their level thats their whole worldview.

The biggest indicator I have noticed for these human animals is they tend to use code words apparently pre-programmed into them via continual exposure to propaganda - "racist," "sexist," "homophobe," "xenophobe," and the like. Recently a few have begun using the word "deplorable" as well. If you ever hear these words come out of what appears to be a person, beware! It is probably a human animal. Avoid it... walk away, run away if possible, but never ever show fear. Do not try to talk to it; apologies are taken as a sign of weakness and it will probably attack. I suggest not even making eye contact if possible.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: andy06shake

That's crazy though. How can not wishing to get involved with or participate in racist hate-speak be worse than being a supremacist???

You somewhat missed the point. Its considered racist to, when confronted with racisim, "opt-out" and say nothing. You are expected to loudly, verbally and vociferously denounce the hate speech and the racist who uttered the words. I never do and when called out as aiding by ascent through silence the racist who uttered the words, I simply respond that I don't care.

That of course just confirms my racism, but I don't care because being a cis-gendered white guy, my racism was implied from the start and any attempt to deny my racism is simply construed as further proof of the premise that I am a racist, which at that point means absolutely nothing.

Ummmm, what?!?!

Racism is just tribalism. And the logic is that is someone opts out of participating in tribalism that makes them tribalist?

Non-Tribalism only become Tribalism if it goes down the slippery slope of Anti-Tribalism. Once you form a group around something it becomes a tribe since the tribalist genes are in all of us (save a handful of true genetic sociopaths) we're all tribalists. But that doesn't mean we have to dwell in it, or even participate int he primal urge partying. That's primitive!
edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

To be honest TonyS the thought police have been in full swing regarding both our respective nations for quite some time.

I was always taught that if you don't have something nice to say or relevant then its generally best to stay quiet.

This is not the case in today's world where being the loudest most opinionated arrogant arse is generally more desirable than the alternative.

Possibly worth considering that everyone is racist to at least some small degree whether or not they choose to accept the fact or otherwise, but it's what we do in life that forms opinion, and how we act that defines ourselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

Word of advice.....

These people you hang with appear to be "Politically Correct SJW's" attempting to find heretics to abuse on their never ending "witch hunt".

Burn the witch, burn the witch.

Get away from these fools.

"Innocents"... LOL, Really? These new soft code words are funny.

I assume you may be dealing with these idiots because of a girl? If not, get these drama queens out of your life. Tolerating that level of stupid for too long will cause long term exposure impacts to your reasoning ability and you will find yourself "hunting witches" as well.

Now here is the deal..... By calling / accusing you of being a racist or bigot, you are "supposed" to then go on the defensive. By doing this you are falling right into their trap.

Don't do it. If they start that crap, you immediately take it on the offensive and say "Really? Do you seriously believe that? If you do then never speak to me again and get out of my life. Or a "whatever / dismissal" of stupidity works as well.
edit on 1-10-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I agree.

Part of the problem, at least IMHO, is that the term is thrown about recklessly. Ever met a real racist, one who believes that a certain race of people is genetically inferior making that people sub-human? I have and it is truly an ugly, ugly thing to witness. Those peole I do speak out against, but man, they are so rare these days as to be nearly never encountered.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Part of the problem, at least IMHO, is that the term is thrown about recklessly. Ever met a real racist, one who believes that a certain race of people is genetically inferior making that people sub-human? I have and it is truly an ugly, ugly thing to witness. Those peole I do speak out against, but man, they are so rare these days as to be nearly never encountered.

All racists are "tribal"; not all tribalists are necessarily racist. One tribe I belong to is the "Andy Griffith Show Re-run society", it has nothing to do with race.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Innocents? What is this Charmed? Protect the innocents by destroying the demons. No I forgot not destroying them...vanquishing them. Who are you taking about when you say foreign innocents?

I'm still trying to figure out, how can one tell if a person is an innocent, or even an immigrant? Or even an innocent immigrant?
Unless you know the townspeople really well and there's lots of new ones there. Even then, where did they immigrate from? Another country? Another town? 🤔

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

One tribe I belong to is the "Andy Griffith Show Re-run society", it has nothing to do with race.

Just wait until some one forms up the Anti-Andy Griffith Show Re-Run Society and you'll all be breaking out the stormtrooper boots.

www.antiandygriffithshowrerunsociety.com

edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I am all against racism of any kind.

But it just gets stupid when you cannot talk sensibly about immigration with out being labelled as racism.

Its a massive problem right now I think for those of us on the left, extreme elements who just want to name call and label anyone they disagree without really thinking through the repercussions of it. When you call anyone who wants to talk about immigration "racist" then eventually that leaves those concerned about immigration one realistic political option. The Right.

I think this is why we on the left have lost ground to the right because for too long the left have just been name calling without thinking it through.

Great post!

So, what do you guys and girls think is the motive for shouting "racist!" at people without any proof backing it up? I honestly do not know... is it that the shouters try to lift themselves on a podium, i mean they might have messed up their whole lives, but at least they are not racist, and shouting that others are, makes them feel less like crap?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Islam is not a Race So saying islamists cannot be racist.

Jaden

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The best way to deal with this kind of bulls**t is to ignore it. Let people label you.

Labels are irrelevant in the face of truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You have my deepest sympathies.

What frustrates me about people using the term "'racist" so freely is that there is real racism in the world and it's usage gets diluted the more people use it.

Real racists get to hide behind the false usage of the term and it lessens the impact it would otherwise have.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I am all against racism of any kind.

But it just gets stupid when you cannot talk sensibly about immigration with out being labelled as racism.

Its a massive problem right now I think for those of us on the left, extreme elements who just want to name call and label anyone they disagree without really thinking through the repercussions of it. When you call anyone who wants to talk about immigration "racist" then eventually that leaves those concerned about immigration one realistic political option. The Right.

I think this is why we on the left have lost ground to the right because for too long the left have just been name calling without thinking it through.

You are one of the very first people on the left of politics to figure out - or at least come to terms with - why Trump won in November.

edit on 1/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Actually, Eugenics and the people who entertain the notion of such pertaining to the Human race are coming back in a big way these days.

Couple that with the fact that history has a penchant for repetition and humanity refuses to learn from her past transgressions and/or mistakes and it's not looking good for a significant percentage of our race should our political and socioeconomic ideologies continue to slide back down the slope we call reality.

edit on 1-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem
a reply to: Painterz

They got it wrong on every level , as there are predominantly Europeans , no ridiculous skin issues , and the tone was of surprise , or again surprised by the increasing percent, being fair . An observation only , like easily 60% plus , in the town centre .
Where I got it wrong perhaps , is I dont go there much, so to anyone else that does its an irrelevant observation. They're used to it already , I'm not . The change seems to be heaviest in the last 2 years and its a sea change , that I mistakenly thought worthy of comment . The less I say the better from now on obviously . I actually do think I going to give up political comment entirely , otherwise I'll have a heart attack or something , I had palpitations

Ach well, it was just somebody being a bit daft then. Ignore them.

I see that sometimes when I go into the big city, there are a lot of people with eastern european accents behind the counters of every shop, it's worth remarking on, but not in a way that's racist, just a, oh gosh, there's a lot of eastern Europeans hereabouts eh.

Not sure it warrents triggering the usual suspects into the usual round of barrage against 'all snowflake libruhls' though. Just, one person hearing what you said in totally the wrong way. It happens in life.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

I say simply treat people how you find them, the rest is Chicken soup(easy) really.

Labels are for people who like to inevitably put others into boxes/categories. Kind of helps then with their limited capacity for understanding but in this day of age generally leads to the opposite.
edit on 1-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Wow, thats absurd.

So I take it this SJW thing has proven to you that it is counter productive and insane?

Youre not alone man /maam.

edit on 10 1 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

How many incidents do you need before you start to see there is a problem with this?

Or is it going to have to bite you too before you understand what this is like?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Innocents? What is this Charmed? Protect the innocents by destroying the demons. No I forgot not destroying them...vanquishing them. Who are you taking about when you say foreign innocents?

I'm still trying to figure out, how can one tell if a person is an innocent, or even an immigrant? Or even an innocent immigrant?
Unless you know the townspeople really well and there's lots of new ones there. Even then, where did they immigrate from? Another country? Another town? 🤔

These are fair questions but I'm a bit concerned about being ripped apart if I don't answer fully and comprehensively enough to satisfy further judgement . Put it this way , I am cosmopolitan enough to fairly easily tell if someone is an innocent or not . There's only 2 choices let's face it , they are or they aren't . The language or accent people speak with is a very good starting point . But you can otherwise realistically judge on various basic features, even the construction of a persons face . Im not Sherlock Holmes , but he'd tell you who was innocent or not fairly instantly, and be mostly correct . I've met plenty of innocent women though , and its a bit harder to tell with them . Personal mannerisms are more of a starting point or its in the eyes. Now I sound like I go round counting foreigners - lol I dont , trust me . There were mainly Europeans , and some were new , they had not settled properly yet. There were homeless innocents as well and I'm ok with all of that , nobody call me a racist please . In fact anyone from anywhere reading this - welcome to england

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Two points:
  • I'm not the one dehumanizing anyone. The human animals have dehumanized themselves.

• I have no interest in genocide. Even mosquitoes are necessary for ecological balance. I'm just not going to enjoy any time around them.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join